News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

trainplane3

So, DPB posted WDW's Holiday plans today and didn't see a Holiday tag for Epcot Forever.
Considering it's a temporary show that's going to use as little infrastructure as possible, I don't think anyone expected one. New shows aren't guaranteed tags anyways. HEA is finally getting holiday versions this year, 2 years after it debuted.

Besides, why limit yourself to holidays when you have the many sparks of imagination to celebrate instead...;)

cosmicgirl

Last edited:

trainplane3

So has anyone else heard a rumor of Dreamfinder being the narrator to this show? I caught something but I'm curious if another trusted source heard the same. We know there's a "spark of imagination" to get the show started, but they could easily skip over having Dreamfinder talking. @marni1971? This has to be a project you're somewhat interested in...:)

HoldenC

I'm still not sure why Epcot Forever isn't the actual replacement? As much as WDW loves to sell merchandise, this could be a huge money maker for them. Its retro Epcot, truly the one thing that almost the entire fandom loves. I mean people lined up like crazy for Epcot 35 stuff. I know everything MUST be IP now per Chapeck but still, its interesting.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm still not sure why Epcot Forever isn't the actual replacement? As much as WDW loves to sell merchandise, this could be a huge money maker for them. Its retro Epcot, truly the one thing that almost the entire fandom loves. I mean people lined up like crazy for Epcot 35 stuff. I know everything MUST be IP now per Chapeck but still, its interesting.
It would be a pretty sad state of affairs if the best they could come up with is fireworks and lighting to the theme of closed attractions. This kinda of thing works for a one-off night, or a limited run, but going forward they can, and should, do much better.

HoldenC

It would be a pretty sad state of affairs if the best they could come up with is fireworks and lighting to the theme of closed attractions. This kinda of thing works for a one-off night, or a limited run, but going forward they can, and should, do much better.
I would argue that it is a sad state of affairs they're replacing I: RoE with an IP show 🤷‍♂️ To me it shows a total lack of creativity. I would take this over the IP show in 2020, I think this is the perfect concept for a nighttime show. While I'm sure the show will be technically amazing, I'm already underwhelmed by the story. Unless DIS is being intentionally vague with "celebrating Disney music around the world"

Last edited:

trainplane3

Exactly. I love the nostalgia trip we're going to get but if this were a permanent show then it should cover the present and future Epcot with the latest tech. FW and WS at the same time as well.

jrhwdw

I don't know why Epcot can't convert Epcot Forever to the new setup? Let's face it, the 2020 tech is more impressive than ROE and the temp setups Epcot Forever will have. I get the need for the temp setup since Epcot can't go right to 2020 on Oct 1, 2019. But just put Epcot Forever on the new setup when its ready!

trainplane3

I don't know why Epcot can't convert Epcot Forever to the new setup? Let's face it, the 2020 tech is more impressive than ROE and the temp setups Epcot Forever will have. I get the need for the temp setup since Epcot can't go right to 2020 on Oct 1, 2019. But just put Epcot Forever on the new setup when its ready!
No IP, no synergy, nothing they can sell to guests. How much RoE merch have you seen prior to what they're selling for the ending of the show? Essentially next to nothing. New show? Various Pixar/DAS IPs, tons of merch to move, and catchy songs that can be quickly reworked to fit the show. I hate it too but it is what it is. I'm the kind of person that goes to the parks to see things I can't see outside them. The more IP that's shoved in my face, the more I'm pushed away.

yoyoflamingo

Remember Dreams Come True did it for the 50th and that lasted quite a while and was quite well done. I am not saying this will be the same caliber, but it is possible.

How long is this show going to run?

Take it for what it's worth, but the Friendship boat driver yesterday said 2 years.

TTA94

This is Disney and the new show uses new technology. I could easily see it drifting back into 2021...at least we will have a new show while we wait. Hopefully it's not another Jungle Book: Alive with Magic!

Honestly I’m surprised it wasn’t announced for 2021 in the first place to be included/marketed in the 50th Celebration. I mean it will be regardless but still.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom