Epcot Food & Wine Festival = Booze Fest

gopper@q.com

So I have seen this happen without any festival going on,. What amazed me during the F&W was how many middle age adult groups had "drinking team shirts". Honestly, I thought they were a hoot and I did not see anyone really out of hand. I was more surprised anyone could get hammered due to cost and frankly the weak drinks of WDW, unless they are pre-gaming.
Yes! My thought exactly! We had a great day and even though we were drinking (and eating) steadily throughout the day I couldn’t see how anyone could get drunk on the tiny little “shots” of beer!

Bpmorley

Maybe you hit the jackpot. We've been doing F&W for at least a decade, sometimes multiple visits in a trip. I've yet to see these drunks. I'm not saying they don't exist, because they exist at every event. Plus I really don't get it at EPCOT. Me and DW spent almost $400 eating and drinking around the world. Didn't have a buzz on. think about how expensive it is to get loaded there. I would never have spent my own money on this, it was a disney reward card. So free eats and drinks on chase visa, woohoo

Phonedave

I wonder if this sort of of thing happens at the Wine and Dine Half Marathon Disney Run as well ?

From experience as a runner, not really. A beer is tradition after a marathon (or half) and Disney did hand them out at the finish line (don't if they still do) but the after=party or whatever you want to call it was pretty subdued, at least both times I ran it.

Texas84

From experience as a runner, not really. A beer is tradition after a marathon (or half) and Disney did hand them out at the finish line (don't if they still do) but the after=party or whatever you want to call it was pretty subdued, at least both times I ran it.
I think the 'free' beer stopped when they moved to morning races. There was no freebie this year. Just the $15 gift card.

po1998

How does one afford to get drunk at F&W? With the prices I'd have to take a 2nd mortgage!
Hmmm...

1 - People are on vacation and like everything else at WDW, it's expensive, but they don't care.

2 - Some people are lightweights and get tipsy on a couple of drinks

3 - Most likely...they get a buzz on at their room prior to even entering the park. Then they only need one or two in the park to keep the buzz going.

po1998

My advice? If you see drunken behavior you feel crosses the line, report it. Public intoxication is a 2nd degree misdemeanor in Florida.
...or just go on your way having a good time and let Security monitor the park for drunks. This way you have more time to FIGHT with line jumpers, table hogs, scooter rammers, fake service dog people, etc...

lol

epcotWSC

I typically don't have more than a few small drinks over the course of the entire day. Our focus is usually more on food and even there we share.

celluloid

Well, it is not getting any better.

Attachments

• drunkepcot.jpg
    drunkepcot.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 99

jediyves

That sounds about right. Much like most post race parties.
I'm planning on doing the Star Wars Half Marathon or Food and Wine Disney Half Marathon in 2019. I mean I am not going to have a bottle of red before I hit the start line....... :p

Phonedave

I think the 'free' beer stopped when they moved to morning races. There was no freebie this year. Just the $15 gift card.

It's a morning race now (you can see how well I keep up with things). I ran it the first two years it was in effect. The first year was a major debacle and no beer (that was not the debacle, the whole thing logistically was horrible). The second year was much better, and there was a complimentary beer. I think it was Miller Light.

If i recall, I got a gift card when I registered for the race. My wife (I think we were engaged, or maybe just dating then) got one when she registered for the after party.

Phonedave

That sounds about right. Much like most post race parties.
I'm planning on doing the Star Wars Half Marathon or Food and Wine Disney Half Marathon in 2019. I mean I am not going to have a bottle of red before I hit the start line....... :p

While a beer after a long race is nice, I'm not exactly in the mood to go drinking after I run. Drinking electrolytes maybe, but not alcohol. Although, I will say, that beer I had after running a half marathon in the Caymans was awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom