Epcot Fireworks for Independence day

Gorjus

Original Poster
Epcot was the place to be tonight for fireworks. WOW!!!!! The Studios fireworks started about a minute before the Epcot ones. Epcot did Illuminations first and then the tag. Studios fireworks were the point of everyone's attention while the Earth globe was moving through the lagoon. Just as the Studios fireworks ended, the Epcot ones resumed. The Independence Day tag was stupendous. They even had fireworks from behind the American Adventure, similar to what MK does behind the castle. The finale was mind blowing, literally. I soooo wish I had a camera with me to catch the American Adventure with fireworks behind it. All in all, best fireworks show I've seen; or right up there with New Year's Eve and Pirate and Princess.

bayoutinkbelle

They were awesome! We were standing outside Norway, and had a good view of the DHS fireworks too. The 4th fireworks were great; the crowd really was into it.

I have some photos that I'm working on now, so I'll post as soon as I get them ready. It took quite a while to get back to Pop with all the crowds and the traffic. We hopped the monorail to MK and then took a bus back to Pop, but got stuck in all the traffic leaving the parks.

hpyhnt 1000

Just saw some vids of it on YouTube - spectacular as always. :)

And, the inner RoE geek in me comes out, so I just have to...

:sohappy: HOORAY FOR STROBE LIGHTS ON THE EARTH GLOBE!!! :sohappy:

tams

picture.php

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They even had fireworks from behind the American Adventure,
That`s normal for the 4th, this site has a particularly good video of that bit of the show from previous years.
HOORAY FOR STROBE LIGHTS ON THE EARTH GLOBE!!!
Really? In the globe and not the barge? That hasn`t worked for years!

vwayfan123

Epcot New Years 2007; most incredible fireworks i have ever seen. The monorail was going around the loop in epcot just as they finished and was beeping the horn as everyone cheered and sang. Awesome.

EPCOT Explorer

That's it. I HAVE to go to EPCOT on the 4th now.:mad::lol:

Sounds great! I liked how the synched them with DHS'.

Just saw some vids of it on YouTube - spectacular as always. :)

And, the inner RoE geek in me comes out, so I just have to...

:sohappy: HOORAY FOR STROBE LIGHTS ON THE EARTH GLOBE!!! :sohappy:

:sohappy::sohappy:

VERY good! I love that effect!

Figment82

I was there last night as well (in between the two Tower shops facing the American Adventure straight on). We got a spot at 6pm but it was well worth the wait! Beautiful show as always - and I too noticed the strobe lights on the globe. Thought I was seeing things at first!

EPCOT Explorer

I was there last night as well (in between the two Tower shops facing the American Adventure straight on). We got a spot at 6pm but it was well worth the wait! Beautiful show as always - and I too noticed the strobe lights on the globe. Thought I was seeing things at first!
You waited over 3 hours for the show!?:eek:

You, madame....Rock!:lol::sohappy:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know! But they are there!

Check out the video from :58 to 1:09. You can also see them at 2:19 to 2:25.

EDIT: Video link would help. :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHg2WKQwNBA
I dunno... on video it looks like sparkles on the LCDs. I did look closely at some closeup HD footage from after the refurb and it looked like the original strobes inside the petals had been removed.

Hope I`m wrong.

WDW Monorail

I dunno... on video it looks like sparkles on the LCDs. I did look closely at some closeup HD footage from after the refurb and it looked like the original strobes inside the petals had been removed.

Hope I`m wrong.

From this pic I took in mid June, they are on the outer side.

IMG_3680.jpg

HMF

I know I said this on the other thread but they should have a ROE tag for every major founding holiday of each country in World Showcase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom