epcot/figment

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
just a thought.

close honey i shrunk the audience - it's good, but it's had it's run.

put in a 3d show with figment - to let guests know more about figment, and who he is. and also have a plug for journey into your imagination.

figment could really do great things in a 3d film about the imagination! - and they could do it like philhar - which would be great!

then - maybe incorporate figment into futureworld a little bit more, but make it

ImagiNation instead of Future World, and Figment sends you with your imagination all over the place...

not necessarily putting figment into each ride, but the idea that the FIGMENT of your imagination sends you to Mars in mission space, or on a high speed race in test track, or under the sea with nemo in the living seas... and in the human body in body wars... i know it's a stretch, but having ImagiNation and World Showcase sounds like a lot of fun to me.

you would still be able to keep epcot educational, but a lot more fun, and bring figment in as mroe of an official spokesperson of epcot! - he is epcot's mickey! - and figment could have more friends... not just classic disney characters, but new guys! -

anyone care to elaborate?

LadyDarling

I agree! I'm a Figment fan too and would love to see him have his own 3-d movie! :cool: He's the coolest Dude in Future world. I don't think I'd go so far as to name it ImagiNation, but it's not a bad idea either!

~J. Darling

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
the thing is, i'm not a huge figment fan, but i think it is just a neat idea for his own 3d movie, especially in the imagination institute. farewell rick moranis.

BigNorm

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
ImagiNation sounds heaps better than Discoveryland. *ick*

I agree I like ImagiNation much better too. I'd also like to see Figment out and about in the park, like the old days. I know they won't be bringing Dreamfinder back, but maybe an "Imagination Institute employee" could bring him out. Know what I mean? I've been saying for years they needed to expand Figment's role.

bdhowell

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
just a thought.

put in a 3d show with figment - to let guests know more about figment, and who he is. and also have a plug for journey into your imagination.

figment could really do great things in a 3d film about the imagination! - and they could do it like philhar - which would be great!

then - maybe incorporate figment into futureworld a little bit more, but make it

ImagiNation instead of Future World, and Figment sends you with your imagination all over the place...

not necessarily putting figment into each ride, but the idea that the FIGMENT of your imagination sends you to Mars in mission space, or on a high speed race in test track, or under the sea with nemo in the living seas... and in the human body in body wars... i know it's a stretch, but having ImagiNation and World Showcase sounds like a lot of fun to me.

you would still be able to keep epcot educational, but a lot more fun, and bring figment in as mroe of an official spokesperson of epcot! - he is epcot's mickey! - and figment could have more friends... not just classic disney characters, but new guys! -

I love Figment, but I think that would be too much! I do think that HISTA needs to be replaced though!

SirGoofy

You are a genius. Figment is my favorite Disney character ever. I definately think he should be used more in Epcot, or even some of the other parks.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by bdhowell
I love Figment, but I think that would be too much! I do think that HISTA needs to be replaced though!
You summed it up beautifully - I enjoy Figment but to have him all over the park(s) would be overkill

Epcot is my fav

I think that is a truly wonderful idea....OMG i love it so much....i hope that someone reads this and realizes what the customers or guests would like to see to make their trip more enjoyable........

General Grizz

Figment can make more appearances in the Innoventions area, but definitely keep him in the Imagination pavilion.

Redo that ride before touching HISTA. In fact, demolish the whole ride area and start anew.

Dreamfinder needs to make visits, also.

Great imagination, sir!

Kopp8699

figment is great! I agree that all over the park would b overkill tho. I enjoy HISTA, mayb have another thing w/ figment, like another show. Many people love it, but figment needs more recognition and dreamfinder needs 2 b brought back 2.

imagineer boy

I like almost everything except for ImagiNation renaming. Instead of Discoveryland, It should be Discovery WORLD. Not land. World. Not land. Like Grizz said, maybe Figment can take a few stops at Innoventions.

TheDisneyMagic

mkepcotmgmak, I have got to say that is the best idea I have heard all day, I to believe that Figment could be so much more and putting him in his own 3d film would be the break through he needs. The special effects that could be used are out of this world and fits great with the story. One little thing though is that I would love it even more if they had the good old Dream finder included with Figment in their adventures through the Imagination.

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by imagineer boy
I like almost everything except for ImagiNation renaming. Instead of Discoveryland, It should be Discovery WORLD. Not land. World. Not land.

I don't think that "Discovery" should be implemented into Future World's name at all, because, to me, all of Epcot is about discovery, not just the front half of the park. To have Discoveryland and World Showcase would (IMO) give the impression that the discovery theme only applies to half of the park.

I agree, though, that "Land" shouldn't be in the name, either. Magic Kingdom has established the "Land" theme; the other parks should leave that territory to them, I think.

GoofyFan1

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
just a thought.

Super idea! :sohappy:

I think bringing back Dreamfinder would make a lot of people happy.

FigmentJedi

My idea for a JII expansion would be adding additional ride bulding space on the top of the current ride building. From the touch and taste lab, you'd go upstairs in your vehicle and enter the Dreamport, then go through Art, an updated Literature with scenes from classic books like 20,000 leagues, The Hobbit, The Raven, and From the Earth to the Moon(a tribute to horizons), then a new section, music, which would have the conducting Dreamfinder and a one man band Figment,then into a new performing arts with Figment and Dreamfinder performing on stage, being illuminated as they sing the verses, and appearing in different spots ala the Three Cabaleros in the old Mickey Mouse Review, and then, the Future, which would have a Horizons tribute and a recreation of the EPCOT city model, then going on a backwards descent ala Spaceship Earth, into the film finale from the old ride with some additions to the Fig Films(Figment the Jedi,Figment as the sorceror's apprentice, and Figment-iana Jones) And Yes, Upstairs Image Works is back!

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
well, maybe figment should stay soley int he imagination section, but they should expand on the imagination pavillions and add more figment to them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom