Epcot Festival to Get Taste of 'Down Under'

ImagineerFan04

Original Poster
Epcot Festival to Get Taste of 'Down Under'

(Orlando Business Journal) - Southcorp Wines, Australia's largest winemaker and producer of the premium wines from Penfolds, Rosemount Estate, Lindemans and Wynns Coonawarra Estate, has partnered with the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando to present "Australia, Discover Down Under" at the monthlong Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.

The festival runs from Oct. 18 through Nov. 16. During its eight-year history, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival has hosted millions of guests from the United States and abroad.

Featured this year will be a 3,000-square-foot Australian experience that recreates Australia and gives visitors the chance to visit the wine regions, taste wine with the winemakers, and explore authentic Australian cuisine, entertainment and culture in an all-Aussie environment.

"Discover Down Under" will be created to look like Australia, complete with indigenous Australian plants and a recreation of the Sydney Opera House. Famous geographic landmarks like Uluru (Ayer's Rock) and the Great Barrier Reef, Australia's myriad of strange and interesting animals and the ancient Aboriginal culture are all explained and experienced in the Aussie pavilion.

Maria

Interesting information, and that "Discover down under" tittle is the best marketing name they could have thought of! Everybody will read and check what it is about! :lol: :animwink:

SirNim

Ooh!

First Spain, now Australia! :) I can't help but feel that within the next 4-and-a-half decades Epcot will be getting a new World Showcase pavilion! :D :sohappy: :sohappy: :lol:

:p

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Maria
Interesting information, and that "Discover down under" tittle is the best marketing name they could have thought of! Everybody will read and check what it is about! :lol: :animwink:

:lol:

So where are they putting 'Down Under'? :confused:
I hope 'Down Under' will be well kept :lookaroun :) :wave:

Maria

Originally posted by DMC-12

Hopefully, not backstage! :lol: ...and yes, we can only hope! :D :animwink:

meeko_33785

Sounds cool. Hope they keep it up through the Holidays like they did with the Spain pavillion last year. Otherwise, I probably won't get to see it. :(

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
hmmm.. I wonder if the background music would be the best of Men at Work :lol:

just what I've been craving... a Vegemite Sub :lookaroun

Dingo... the other white meat *hey Carl, whats the first? Kangaroo!!

Adventures in a Kangaroo pouch

Koala Basketball

Test Track... presented by Holden

The Footie Experience (Bring you Own Stitches)

Jammitors banging on cans of Fosters..

Southcorp Wine Tasting... with your hosts, AC/DC

Didgeridoo Baseball Bats...

:goodnevil

Dean[AU]

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Go Disney!!!!

They better keep it!!

Donfan

This is a good question, though, With all the things they are talking about including, the Sydney Opera House, Ayers Rock, it will take a fairly large area to hold it. Unless, of course, they are just going to have table-top-sized models of those things.

KevinPage

Anyone know where this pavillion will be located?

I'm assuming the Millenium Village area is the place with the most space to accomplish this?

Becky

OK, so I didn't pay much attention when I was at WDW last week:eek:

There are two long construction walls with "Food and Wine" signs on them. One is where they had Spain a year or so ago, I think that was between Germany and Italy. The other was around the Japan/Morocco area.

Again, I was not paying much attention as I was looking for the Ladder and Chair rides:D ( and I had had about 6 cups of Beverly earlier:lookaroun )

mkt

Premium Member
Odds are it'll be a 1/2 size pavilion like the spain pavilion.... more than likely it'll be set up in the space between morocco and france

Originally posted by Becky
OK, so I didn't pay much attention when I was at WDW last week:eek:

There are two long construction walls with "Food and Wine" signs on them. One is where they had Spain a year or so ago, I think that was between Germany and Italy. The other was around the Japan/Morocco area.

Again, I was not paying much attention as I was looking for the Ladder and Chair rides:D ( and I had had about 6 cups of Beverly earlier:lookaroun )

Just there last night, the Italy to Germany wall...MASSIVE.....very very long, the Japan Morocco one was a little smaller.....but maybe once again this is a test pavilion for a new country...but with the plans for austrailia to be featured in DAK, it would seem like there shouldn't be a permanant pavillion anytime soon...

CPStaceyQ

No permanent Australia pav. in Epcot

Read the paper and also realize that this happens every year. There are potential plans for a Spanish pavillion at Epcot, Australia is getting an added emphasis at Food & Wine this year, and EVERY year, there's demonstration areas where experts talk about wine, and it just so happens to be in those locations....:hammer:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
but with the plans for austrailia to be featured in DAK

not really Dan.... Joe Rohde, head of WDI, who I attended a group conversation with, dismissed the idea on several reasons... the main one being, Australian animals are generally nocturna, and the size of a Basketball.... so you'd end up with a Kangaroo, Koala, and Croc display.... stuff you can see at any zoo.

This is a Disney park. Not a regular zoo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom