Epcot entrance mods?

btmrider

It looks like its a permanent version of the security check that they have sometimes. The one where they have tons of stanions setup that direct all guests to the middle of the entrance where security is. Seems very similar to how Magic Kingdom is setup. Where buses, monorail, and boats all have to go to the middle and through security. The signs I guess would tell guests to go to the middle.

XS-Spence

Anyone know what these are reffering to?

Well, besides the obvious "20 signs" and "800 ft of guardrail."

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, and do note that on the drawings it appears the work area is the plaza before the turnstiles - outside the park.

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=28939074&file_num=20070314729&doc_status=I

http://officialrecords.occompt.com/...id=28939075&file_num=20070314730&doc_status=I

This definitely would be the new security area that a friend of mine who is a Main Entrance GSM there told me about. Expect CLASSIC EPCOT Center designs. I didn't have access to the sketches to post so I was going to wait for someone else to leak it. Looks like that never happened. She described in detail seeing the old EPCOT "flower logo" as she called it. Even if it turns out not to be the design, I'm happy with ANY updates to bag check there. It's such a freakin' hassle to get in there when it's busy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It has to be security; the area in question on the map is right plus the name is `Entry Guest Flow`.

Notice how the map is pre 1999.... wishful thinking I know ;)

csmat99

Yeah i agree it can be a real pain

Does it mention anywhere about taking away the huge tombstones???? lol:p

That is why I love the back entrance of Epcot. I can't remember the last time I went through the front entrance. I hate waiting to get into the park because people don't have their tickets or passes ready.

Brian Noble

Perhaps, but AK can give it a run for its money. That place is a madhouse (I was going to say "zoo", but...) in the mornings, even on relatively slow days. Far too narrow, or the ticket booths are too close to the turnstiles, or something.

StageFrenzy

Its particularly annoying at epcot when you are comming from the buses, i hate walking all the way around. I think they should have 3 check points one bus, one monerail and one for parking lot

SDav10495

Expect CLASSIC EPCOT Center designs. I didn't have access to the sketches to post so I was going to wait for someone else to leak it. Looks like that never happened. She described in detail seeing the old EPCOT "flower logo" as she called it.

Wow, care to elaborate (if you can)? Your friend saw some sketches featuring the original logo as part of the entrance mod...in what way? And these are definitely plans that exist, not just a word of mouth rumor? That would be so unspeakably awesome...

PBarton

Perhaps, but AK can give it a run for its money. That place is a madhouse (I was going to say "zoo", but...) in the mornings, even on relatively slow days. Far too narrow, or the ticket booths are too close to the turnstiles, or something.
Big time!

It's (un)organised chaos, and nobody quite knows which line is an official queue!

The ticket booths ARE far too close to the turnstyles..

PKD

They had the temporary setup this weekend where they made everyone walk to the center by the tram stop. Then you went through the security check point and into the ticket plaza area.

SirNim

Ha. Ha ha.

"Security."

:lookaroun

I'm all for any new construction and/or signage which features, in any way, shape or form, any vestige of the old pentagonal flower logo.

Figment82

It's a star, a flower, and 5 interlocking rings (representing the 5 continents if I remember correctly?) all surrounding the globe. I have a map somewhere that better explains the deeper meaning behind the logo, but it's not with me now.

lpet11984

It's a star, a flower, and 5 interlocking rings (representing the 5 continents if I remember correctly?) all surrounding the globe. I have a map somewhere that better explains the deeper meaning behind the logo, but it's not with me now.

I would love to hear about it, if you can find it and would be willing to share-- I've always wondered what the story was behind the original logo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom