EPCOT- Drinking Around The World

stalkingmickey

I tried in sept 2013 in UK went counter clockwise and did make it past Morocco!!! tried again in Jan 2014 again in UK (DH and I love the pear cider) counter clockwise and I think Italy was the last country we did. we went to dinner at Garden grill for dinner and ended up stumbling back to BC and passed out!!! will try our 3rd time in Sept!!! I think we are going to start in Mexico!

G8rchamps

I still say that the real drink around the world has to be during F&W. Since it's not that time yet, I say include Future World in this, the other FW lol

Tried that in college 12,15,18....yrs ago. We started in Mexico and technically bought drinks at the Rose and Crown, but didn't drink them. There were not as many booths back then, but I do not recommend.

On topic - picture with a hat from every countries gift shop!

CaptainShortty

What would be the record as far as quickest? I am reading bloggers who went after 4 using the after 4 pm pass, but only taking like, 3 hours or so to complete the whole shebang.

I'm not sure what the record is but I had some friends on my college program do 9 of the 11 in a little over two hours. (They skipped 1 country and had dinner in another..which included alcohol but I didn't count it in the 2hr. time limit)

BigDave

Original Poster
We did this twice so here is what we planned. .beer in every country but 3. Start in Canada so we can hit Mexico early and finish inside Rose & Crown (UK).
Mexico- margaritas inside
Japan- sake
France- grand marnier orange slushy.

Will post pics for yall.

Communicore

I'm not sure what the record is but I had some friends on my college program do 9 of the 11 in a little over two hours. (They skipped 1 country and had dinner in another..which included alcohol but I didn't count it in the 2hr. time limit)
Wow at any rate that is extreme! When we did ours it was literally the entire day, capped off by mezcals at La Cava while Illuminations was going on.

RubyLee

This may be a personal preference but I'd recommend starting on the Mexico end of the WS, especially if you're planning to check out the excellent tequila bar. The first time I attempted Around the World, we started in Canada and I only made it about halfway through. It was also July :) but it was much easier starting in Mexico!

Communicore

This may be a personal preference but I'd recommend starting on the Mexico end of the WS, especially if you're planning to check out the excellent tequila bar. The first time I attempted Around the World, we started in Canada and I only made it about halfway through. It was also July :) but it was much easier starting in Mexico!
I would agree. We just ended in Mexico because one of my friends is Mexican and he wanted to end with a bang!

stalkingmickey

100.jpg
104.jpg

113.jpg
120.jpg
121.jpg
122.jpg

BuddyThomas

These shirts!!!! I must have one! Where can I get one please?
Google "drink around the world Epcot t-shirt". A lot of stuff will pop up. Cafepress dot com is another good source. They have a zillion designs and you can design your own as well (I have no affiliation with them at all).

acishere

Ending with tequila usually leaves me feeling much worse than ending with beer also...:hungover:

stalkingmickey

That's a whole lotta awesomeness right there, although I can't help noticing that's not all of the countries. I grade you with an I for Incomplete, and that means you have to repeat the course in summer school.
;)

You are correct that was our 2nd failed attempt!!! course shall be repeated in Sept. I hope to be able to post of all countries they say 3x a charge!!!

FerretAfros

If you want a task, you might want to consider stopping by the arts and crafts stations in each country to collect the stamp, and have them work on coloring the cutout (I think it's Perry the Platypus now, but it used to be a mask)

My first ever drinking experience was Drinking Around the World, and it was a lot of fun. We started early, paced ourselves, and had lots of water and snacks along the way. It was raining pretty hard for most of the day, so the ponchos added to the silliness of the event and led to great photos (and came in handy when people spilled). Most of us ended up sharing a drink with someone else for the latter stops, but we made it through all 12 in good enough shape to be at DAK at rope drop the next day (though we never realized just how bumpy and smelly the safari is until that trip)

Also, be aware that the beer stand outside Canada may close early in bad weather, leaving Le Cellier as the only place to get an official Canadian drink, making it essentially impossible. We substituted an extra beer from Rose & Crown, but it was a little disappointing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom