EPCOT- Drinking Around The World

BigDave

Original Poster
We are coming up to celebrate Twin 21st Birthdays @ Epcot. They want to Drink Around the World- we are looking for 21 tasks they have to do as we go thru the day. (Besides the drink this). Any Ideas?

BuddyThomas

I dunno. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't want to do tasks while I drink around the world. There is a World Showcase scavenger hunt that you can sign up for if you want to do tasks (I don't know the details because it sounded super high maintenance when it was suggested to me). But drinking around the world is sort of an epic adventure of its own and takes longer than you might think. I would just limit it to tasks having to do with drinking around the world. Example: Find the sake bar in Japan. If you start doing tasks like stand on your head in the gardens of England, you may never even finish drinking around the world and that would be a crime.
;)

lostpro9het

The main task is to complete the task.
This!

Also, don't forget to suit up!
5b5b122a-c7d5-40f1-a544-36b9f42e2a7b.jpg

CaptainShortty

As the others have said, it's a task in itself to finish drinking around the world. If you want another "task" to complete you can get the passport at the beginning of the trek and get it stamped in each country. Most people I know have also put what drink they had in each one and if you want, you can take a picture of yourself in each one with the drink and place it in the passport when you get home as a mini-scrapbook.

FettFan

We are coming up to celebrate Twin 21st Birthdays @ Epcot. They want to Drink Around the World- we are looking for 21 tasks they have to do as we go thru the day. (Besides the drink this). Any Ideas?

1. Pace yourself.

2. Drink plenty of water. PLENTY of water. I suggest three Nalgene bottles per person.
Start drinking water as soon as you wake up and drink water between each country.
This does two things:
a. it keeps you hydrated. (duh) This is important if youre going to drink because alcohol is very hydrophillic...practically sucks the H2O out of your system, causing drunkenness. Couple that with Central Florida heat and humidity and you're gonna have a bad time.
b. it cleanses your palate for the next drink. No sense in trying a Chinese plum wine while you still have tequila fumes dancing on your tongue.

3. Snacks. No drinking on an empty stomach.

Remember: Drinking 'round the world can be fun.....but puking your guts out while stumbling back to the park gates just means you're a jackass. And when you're a jackass at Disney....we will find out about it and we will shun you like a Mormon prostitute.

Hobnail Boot

I've made it from Mexico to France. I wasn't actually drinking around the world though, it just kind of happened. Task wise maybe have them go into the shop of each country and find a particular item and take a picture with it? Plan it out beforehand like say a Viking helmet from Norway or a parasol from China. It would give y'all something to look back on later, too. I love checking out the shops and the more I drink the more useless junk I buy.

PhotoDave219

Consume as much water as you consume alcohol. Got that from a Doctor I drank around the world with.

BigDave

Original Poster
We have completed DATW a few times, but this time we are the "tour guides" to a bunch of 21 and 22 year olds/ and friends. I love the idea of learning the "cheers phrase" from each country.
Starting in Canada @ 11, Late lunch reservations in Italy, Finishing in UK, & rooms to stumble home to at Beach Club.

Matt_Black

This ties into the water drinking, but make frequent rest room stops as this will help purge some of the alcohol in your system. Also, eat a big breakfast before hand, and eat while doing the challenge.

graphite1326

I tried this. Started on the Canada side. Beer only. You know that French beer was pretty good and maybe a little more stout than I was used to. When we got to Germany we decided to eat there. Had one of those big drafts they offer during the meal. Sorry but that did me in. I couldn't drink or eat anymore. Had a great time though. I think, I'm not really sure what happened after Germany.

Communicore

I still say that the real drink around the world has to be during F&W. Since it's not that time yet, I say include Future World in this, the other FW lol

Matt_Black

I still say that the real drink around the world has to be during F&W. Since it's not that time yet, I say include Future World in this, the other FW lol

How does that work? Are those like bonus rounds, or is it more a choose your own adventure, where you can substitute a stand for a country, like getting something from the Hawaii booth instead of the Sam Adams at the American Adventure?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom