EPCOT- Drinking Around The World

cw1982

Is it bad that I think I'll need a few days to accomplish this? I'm such a lightweight, there's no way I'd be able to handle all of the drinks in one day, even with snacks and water in between, but I do want to at least try something from each area.

Matt_Black

You need to build up some tolerance before hand.

One other tip- check the weather. If it's going to be really hot, drink even more water. The challenge is much easier in, say, December.

cw1982

You need to build up some tolerance before hand.

One other tip- check the weather. If it's going to be really hot, drink even more water. The challenge is much easier in, say, December.

Considering we're going in 18 days, I seem to have run out of time for building up tolerance... and I've been working on it; trust me :p

I may have to just play more of a "chaperone" role for my DH lol... he'll be able to drink all day with no problems. Then I can sample a sip or two of whatever he has between my full drink here or there... and that'll come out cheaper for me anyway ;)

Communicore

How does that work? Are those like bonus rounds, or is it more a choose your own adventure, where you can substitute a stand for a country, like getting something from the Hawaii booth instead of the Sam Adams at the American Adventure?
My understanding is that the F&W booths are in addition to the regular countries. I've only done the drink around the world deal once, not during F&W but including Future World, which apparently we sort of failed because we missed a beer stand by Test Track.

Communicore

Found a Future World list!

Coral Reef - didn't eat here, so technically it was not missed
Fountain View
Garden Grill
The Land Outside Stand
Sunshine Seasons
Test Track - this is what we missed!

EDIT:
There are a couple more stands that I have found online that we must have missed, apaprently there is one near Imagination and then maybe another one on FW East by Mission Space! What about the joint by the front entrance? My goodness my head is spinning just thinking about this!

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Plan for a recovery day the next day. My offspring did Drink Around the World with her friends once and spent the next day in her hotel room recovering.... So pace yourself, get something in your stomach before you start, eat carbs (will slow down alcohol absorption) and drink plenty of water. For every drink, have a glass of water.

mitchk

I have never done drink around the world. I don't think I should, as fast as I walk around the parks, I'll be done that in 2 hours ... Not a good thing. If I had a full day with just me and some friends.. I could drink around the world twice in a day, and be good....that's nothing to brag about though. Everyone always please drink responsibility

Communicore

I think the drink around the world to end all drink around the worlds has to be during F&W, including Future World, and then a postgame celebration at the Boardwalk including the resorts.

acishere

Is it bad that I think I'll need a few days to accomplish this? I'm such a lightweight, there's no way I'd be able to handle all of the drinks in one day, even with snacks and water in between, but I do want to at least try something from each area.
If it is too hot, I would split it up anyway just to be safe. Either that or share in some countries. Whatever you are more comfortable with. It is a lot harder to get through in the summer.

CaptainShortty

How many dollars would you budget for this? (Assuming you have a drink and/or snack in each country?)

The drinks are roughly $10 each and there are 11 countries. Factor in food and you're looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $150+ pp. It's not a cheap endeavor but it's definitely fun! Just be responsible about it and like others have said, pace yourself, know your tolerance (and when to stop) and drink plenty of water.

You'd be amazed the number of paramedic runs that go on in the park for dehydration, alcohol or no alcohol involved.

Communicore

The drinks are roughly $10 each and there are 11 countries. Factor in food and you're looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $150+ pp. It's not a cheap endeavor but it's definitely fun! Just be responsible about it and like others have said, pace yourself, know your tolerance (and when to stop) and drink plenty of water.

You'd be amazed the number of paramedic runs that go on in the park for dehydration, alcohol or no alcohol involved.
What would be the record as far as quickest? I am reading bloggers who went after 4 using the after 4 pm pass, but only taking like, 3 hours or so to complete the whole shebang.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom