Epcot, Drinking, and Passports

BioCub

Original Poster
A quick question for everyone. As everyone of adult age is aware, I'm sure, the Epcot game of drinking around the world is a blast. But we were wanting to give ourselves a feeling of acomplishment, and collect something from each country a which we have a cocktail. As a group of 30 somethings, would it be odd or unusual for us to purchase the passports that Disney sells and collect the stamps from the various countries? We are not unruly or rowdy at all, we just want a souvenier of our drinking adventures.

PigletIsMyCat

Honestly, I would guess 'no'. I think that's an interesting twist to the Drink-round-the-world 'game'. Be aware, though, that WDW will eject (forcibly, if necessary) rowdy drunks.

BG Rugger

Actually that sounds like a great idea. Plus, its a lot cheaper than paying a couple hundred dollars for one of those authentic German Beirsteins:king:

Figment82

My friend and I (we're in our 20's) have gone around and done the Kidcot masks on several occasions. It's fun and free - as long as you remain respectful and polite about it, it'd be a great way to get a stamp and little construction paper item to commemorate each stop.

BioCub

Original Poster
Super

Fantastic, thanks for the encouragement. I'm really looking forward to my trip, and Epcot is my fav. park. I think if I pull out my passport sometime after the trip, it'll be a nice reminder of our drinking escapades.

CajunEpcotLover

We plan on doing that this time when we go as a group! We've gone together before and did the drinks, but the passport will give something else to do in the country while enjoying your beverage!

DisneyDragon

I've done Beers of the World 3x now, never been ejected...but my friends and I aren't rowdy drunks. I will admit however, that El Rio di Tiempo is (was) hysterically funny after about 8 beer...

westie

Yes, try to not look so happy whilst imbibing. It really ticks off the folks with crying children to see you red cheaked and happy. Espescially at the Happiest Place On Earth.

PS-I like it!

Blonde Princess

Been there, do it at least once a trip. Also, our group has taken pictures of the beer servers with the group in each country and added that picture later to the Passports.

Glen Quagmire

I'm pretty sure any self respecting adult would be able to do this without getting ejected or more importantly messing up someone elses time. People who really know how to have a good time know how to act accordingly with their suroundings.
The passport idea is a good one, but i peronally would feel a little weird doing this. What I plan on doing with my girlfriend is going through all the countries, watching illuminations, then going to boardwalk to watch a couple innings of baseball at the ESPN club, then either take a cab to PI or maybe just hang out at JellyRolls. It's similar to how i do things in Atlantic City just without the fireworks and rides.

imagineerfan

I was thinking of doing this for my 21st this summer, but I don't think I can handle 11 full drinks in one night. Does anyone know if you can buy smaller size drinks at any of the countries?

Thank

Dan

Glen Quagmire

just share with some one, just split all of them with someone and your all good in the hood
p.s. go ahead and fulfill some Irish stereotypes (your avatar)

BioCub

Original Poster
If you don't think you can handle the drinks (believe me, it is rough) try splitting them with a friend. Start with your own in Canada, share a yard of beer in the UK, have your own drinks at Epcot (and grab a snack too, that'll help). Share a drink in Morocco, etc.. this help.. and just a tip.. if you're new at this... SPLIT A BEER IN GERMANY... that country always does me in.

Tink's Favorite

Shot glasses are fairly cheap, and I would guess that most of those countries will have some sort of shot glass or drinking vessel to buy. On the other hand, carrying around so much glass while imbibing is probably not recommended.

As an alternate strategy, buy the Epcot passport, put the stickers in, and write down what drink you had from each country, and how the group is feeling at the time, or perhaps what is on your mind. Also, don't forget to get signatures from the cast members, and perhaps ask them what their thoughts of your escapade are.

juan

I'll probably be doing it this summer for my 21st --- I hope to make it all the way to Mission Space for the Orange Team ride afterwards
(I haven't had a drink yet being underage;) , but I'm pretty sure I'll handle it fine;) ;) )

Rob562

How about buying one of the passports, and rather than going to the Kidcot stops, use the blank page as your beer coaster. :) Then have the bartender sign the ring left behind. :)

-Rob

RedBaron

What also could be fun is to buy the little flags of each country and have one of the cast members or someone take a photo of you/your group with the flag of each country while you enjoy your brew?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom