Epcot-Day 4 of Removal photos?

WDWFigment

So we get a sticky thread for Gran Fiesta reviews (memo: it's months old and a C ticket attraction), but not one for 'comprehensive' Wand updates? I no longer feel bad about using the site so much and not paying a subscriber fee for 'server bandwith'. Steve and the mods could easily fix this problem.

bauton

Maybe this is Disney's way of getting rid of these pesky fan websites that analyze their every move!!!!

With the number of wand threads on this forum and others, the websites will have to shut down due to lack of memory, excessive band width, etc...:ROFLOL:

MiRi

So we get a sticky thread for Gran Fiesta reviews (memo: it's months old and a C ticket attraction), but not one for 'comprehensive' Wand updates? I no longer feel bad about using the site so much and not paying a subscriber fee for 'server bandwith'. Steve and the mods could easily fix this problem.

I agree. I am surprised they haven't fixed the problem, especially with how picky they are about keeping the boards clean.

dandaman

um...a better park, a better Walt Disney World, a better vacation, a better postcard?

How in the hell does this constitute a better vacation? Does it cost less to enjoy the parks? Is the general public lining up at the ticket booths now that there's apparently, INSTANTLY, a "whole new Epcot"? It's only a "better vacation" for the people who actually care one iota, and who go on to complain about pretty much everything else in the company... so why bother? :shrug:

ToTBellHop

How in the hell does this constitute a better vacation? Does it cost less to enjoy the parks? Is the general public lining up at the ticket booths now that there's apparently, INSTANTLY, a "whole new Epcot"? It's only a "better vacation" for the people who actually care one iota, and who go on to complain about pretty much everything else in the company... so why bother? :shrug:
wait til you see whatever lighting package they will be able to do once the Wand is gone. The average guest does, in fact, enjoy good lighting...like on the ToT.

dandaman

^I'm picturing spinning Swarovski (?) crystal pieces, a la NYE Times Square Ball. :lol:

I still don't see why it would be a better vacation. Lighting packages do not an experience make. :shrug: But that does sound promising.

Timmay

wait til you see whatever lighting package they will be able to do once the Wand is gone. The average guest does, in fact, enjoy good lighting...like on the ToT.

If only they hadn't blown this and next years lighting package budget on taking the wand down...:shrug: Mmmmm, maybe 2009 or 2010.

brkgnews

The "average guest" line also leads me to say what I've been meaning to say in all these threads so far...

the best argument some people can come up with for keeping the wand is "the average guest couldn't care less about the wand over Spaceship Earth"

Then in that case, they won't care that it's missing. :lookaroun

As for lighting... I'm sure they'll come up with something grand and glorious. The old school way of multiple changing colors was awesome.

Just as long as they don't go the route that they did for the Perisphere at the 1939 Worlds Fair. It was red, white, and blue stripes and looked like the Pepsi logo! :lol:

Champion

The "average guest" line also leads me to say what I've been meaning to say in all these threads so far...

the best argument some people can come up with for keeping the wand is "the average guest couldn't care less about the wand over Spaceship Earth"

Then in that case, they won't care that it's missing. :lookaroun

How about:

To the average guest, the wand helped clearly identify Epcot as a Disney park.

That was the reason it was constructed. As I've said before, now with Nemo and the 3 cabs and the rest of the characterization and Disneyfication of the park, it is no longer needed to do that. It was, however, needed for that in 1998.

Buzzforprez

How about:

To the average guest, the wand helped clearly identify Epcot as a Disney park.

This is why it is being removed so carefully. To save costs and properly identify the Magic Kingdom it is being brought there and will be erected right next to the castle! Gonna have to use some smaller letters though I suppose.:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom