Epcot Center lounges. Truth or fiction?

A Kind Of Magic

Original Poster
Dear Forum:

Can anyone privately send me pictures or posts images on this forum to (members only of course) about Epcot VIP and CEO lounges?

For instance, I found out that Horizons had a VIP, CEO and CFO lounge. Ohh yeah I heard form a friend that Horizons offered “pixy” dust to lounge guests. I know this is not true but how exactly could have that rumor originated?

I would like to know:

What did the privilege few get to take home with them in the lounges?

What sort of drinks, wines and cheeses where offered in the lounges?

Did guests in the lounges take a private back stage tour?

Did guests in the lounges get to make free telephone calls and order free take out - like all day?

Where VIP, CEO and CFO lounges open to the public?

Did these lounges ever exist or should they belong to Epcot and Disney lore?

Thanks

niteobsrvr

The lounges exist and continue to exist however they aren't a big secret. They are not open to the public but are for visitors associated with a particular pavilion's sponsor.

I don't believe they ever had quite the Celebrity reputation that your questioning implies.

I beleive there are some photos somewhere on this site of a few of them.

Found it! Here ya go.

Lounges Link

homer424

I have been in the GM lounge when Test Track was World Of Motion. My mom worked for GM and all you had to do was present your work ID and you were allowed into a lounge area. To try to answer your questions:

What did the privilege few get to take home with them in the lounges? Nothing-at least in the GM lounge. it was just a place to rest with nice a/c and a nice view. I know for the most part it looked like any lounge you would find in any office building.

What sort of drinks, wines and cheeses where offered in the lounges? coffee, tea, soda and bagged snacks like chips, pretzels and popcorn.

Did guests in the lounges take a private back stage tour? No, again, not at least in the GM lounge. But, we were able to skip to the head of the line. When you were ready to ride the ride, you told the receptionist/secretary and she would lead you down to a loading area right before the general public loading area (I believe it was also the handicapped visitors loading area) and you were able to go on the ride with no wait. (I loved that ;) )

Did guests in the lounges get to make free telephone calls and order free take out - like all day? I don't know about that. Like I said, the GM one was a glorified office lounge.

Where VIP, CEO and CFO lounges open to the public? As far as I know, the one lounge "served" everyone as long as they were an employee of GM(or a guest of the employee)-from a line worker to the CEO.

Did these lounges ever exist or should they belong to Epcot and Disney lore? They did exist but they weren't as glamorous as you have described-again at least the GM one wasn;t. It was nice to go to on a hot August day and you didn't feel like waiting on line (sorry guys!). So it definately was a great perk, just not as glitzy as I guess legend makes them. I do not have any pictures of the lounge itself-only of Spaceship earth looking out the windows of the lounge.

I remember when my mom was laid off from GM and started working at Exxon, I was like "OO! another Lounge to rest at!" but she said she didn;t think they had a lounge and we never went back together again to find out :(

I hope this helps at least a little!

Donna

wahooskipper

I have been in the lounge at Living Seas. My friend had his rehearsal dinner there for his wedding. It was nice in that there were big windows to look in on the tanks, like they have in the restaurant.

bvolguards

unfortunatly...they just closed the lounge at the land.....and nestle is going to be using it as a cooperate lounge, similar to the one at the living seas (which is really nice by the way)

mbro2002

McDonald's has a lounge in Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. It is nice, but nothing special. Just a room full of brightly colored sofas, with a free soft drink dispenser. They usually give away dinosaur happy meal toys to anybody who wants one in the lounge. They also have a fairly large TV that can show either regular channels or feeds from a few of the in-ride cameras.

jah4955

I have an uncle who was an employee of GE around 1989. In the Horizons lounge, he and his family enjoyed free donuts, extra hospitality, and the privilege of "cutting" everyone in line.

SirNim

I had the good fortune of being granted admission into two of the corporate lounges in Epcot - AT&T's Spaceship Earth and GM's Test Track. The entrance to the Test Track lounge is just off to the right of the main entrance of the pavilion, almost hidden in a concrete alcove. There is the usual photo-ID/speakerphone/videocamera electronic equipment set up. Once you enter through the door, there is a long narrow passageway with, if I remember correctly, doors on either side. Anyway, the hallway leads straight to an elevator, and you take the elevator up to the lounge which is situated beyond the glass windows at the very top and front of the pavilion. Inside, the coloration is, if I remember, white. A small room off the main desk area is situated with large glass windows that look down into the TT attraction (when on TT, look up and you'll see windows, I think during the brake tests) Anyway, inside this room is, of course, the windows, and the usual Coca-Cola soda dispensaries with some disposable cups. Hot beverages like coffee and tea are also available. The room area, believe it or not, is actually circular shaped, just like the building itself. Numerous conference rooms and offices can be found in the large interior.
The Spaceship Earth lounge can be accessed inside Global Neighborhood, where a nondescripit elevator (with the verification electronics) takes you up NOTt into the geosphere itself, but in the large, futuristic offshoot just behind of SE and right in front of Innoventions Plaza. The area here is rather dark, in color, compared with the bright lighting in TT. Dark wood paneling and dark marble abounds.A small receptionist desk sits in front of the elevator. A small seating area is found to the right of the desk, with the most comfortable chairs in WDW (big, soft, cushioned and on wheels!) and right in front of this area is the beverage dispensaries, with soft drinks from Coke and hot tea and coffee. The bathrooms are right here, also, luxurious with fresh flowers and cotton tissues. Immediately to the right of the seating area and the beverages is a small glass display with some AT&T logo SE merchandise, like hats, sweaters, t-shirsts, coffee mugs, etc. (unfortunately, I didn't purcahse any of it). And right to the right of the merchandise were the conference rooms, from which I believ extended all the way to the back of the building and look upon the fountain. All the conference rooms were connected by a small hallway on the right side of them, and were all dark and presumably unused. Right near the receptionist desk is a small passageway that smells like the fall of rome. Going down a narrow staircase, you would end up in the unloading area of SE, right as where you would get out to go into the Glob. Neigh.

A Kind Of Magic

Original Poster
Dear GrizzlyHall:

Therefore, the legend and myth is true. There was "pixie dust" in Horizons. My next question is this. What is "pixie dust"? Perhaps it was Kane candy in form of a powder. Could it have been a gimmick?

Grizzly Hall tell, do tell, so the truth to all the masses can finally be told.

Thank you everybody for reply about the lounges I learned a great deal.

Totally cool stuff here!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I've been in the FedEx lounge in Space Mountain, and all they had there were free cokes and VIP lounge pins

General Grizz

Originally posted by A Kind Of Magic
Dear GrizzlyHall:

Therefore, the legend and myth is true. There was "pixie dust" in Horizons. My next question is this. What is "pixie dust"? Perhaps it was Kane candy in form of a powder. Could it have been a gimmick?

Grizzly Hall tell, do tell, so the truth to all the masses can finally be told.

Thank you everybody for reply about the lounges I learned a great deal.

Totally cool stuff here!

I'll post a pic of it. It's a glittery substance in a velvet pouch.

north

I had the chance to visit my companies lounge American Express. The lounge was at the American Pavilion at Epcot. It was nicely decorated since I was there at Christmas. They did give us VIP passes to other rides that had lounges. Space Mountain-fed ex and Test Trak ... this allowed us to go to the front of the line. It was great having them even though the normal line when we were there was no wait.

A Kind Of Magic

Original Poster
Who Knew Horizons was so "dusty"

Grizzly that is fantastic.

The "Pixy Dust" on Horizons was just powdered gold dust?

Grizzly you are saying that it was not candy at all just a gimmick?

Report back please.

Who knew Epcot Center had so much hidden lounges with so many hidden privileges-WOW!

I am calling my travel agent and demanding my money back for not mentioning lounges.

Just think of how much lines I could have avoided.

Grizzlies also, please email me thanks.
:)

General Grizz

Here's pixie dust. It is not food. :animwink:

Attachments

• horizons pixie dust attachment.jpg
    horizons pixie dust attachment.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 277

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by animegirllover
I couldn't find a lounge when I went to FedEx's Space Mountain, but I love the lounges in Epcot.

it's off to the right of Space Mountain, in what appears to be a walkway to a backstage area

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom