Epcot Center lounges. Truth or fiction?

jcrb

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Here's pixie dust. It is not food. :animwink:

WoW - Was that given out to people that visited Horizon Pavilion?
That would be so cool! Griz- Do you own that?

Tink

Originally posted by bvolguards
unfortunatly...they just closed the lounge at the land.....and nestle is going to be using it as a cooperate lounge, similar to the one at the living seas (which is really nice by the way)

I wish they hadn't closed the AP Lounge in The Land - I was looking forward to using it NYE to escape all of the people! :) It really was a nice place to go and relax. When we went on July 4th, we were able to get priority seating for BLAST and wristbands for the AP fireworks area in Italy. Do you (or anyone else) know if they will continue to offer these perqs for APs somewhere else?

Is the AP Lounge in the AK still open?

isnet396

I remember reading that the MetLife lounge in the WoL pavilion was pretty n33t also. To get in, there's a blue metallic door with the metlife logo and verification stuff somewhere around Body Wars. Once you're inside, there's a private screening room, confrerence rooms, beverages, etc...... Anyone know what the one inside Imagination! or NRG Is like?

Ian

SirNim

I tried to get into ExxonMobil's lounge but we had a "somewhat inept" cast member and he couldn't find remember where it was. But he did lead us first into the empty Loading Area (Theater 1?) where the 3 large cars are. The cars wern't there. Then, in a small corridor offshoot on the rear of this large room, was a small series of hallways, all at original ground level. We finally got to a spot where there were some doors, and if I remember correctly, the ExxMob logo. But the cast member somehow wasn't able to get us in.

A Kind Of Magic

Original Poster
JUST LOUNGING AROUND THAT’S ALL

This is fantastic.

Some pics of this legendary lounges would be helpful like from the 80's.

I’m getting all sorts of information on the benefits and privileges of a selected few at the legendary lounges.

Like wow!

maelstrom

ah, i remember the horizons lounge. i was only a kid then, so my memories consist mostly of free soda, tangerine candy, a clean restroom, a huge tv screen, and a long hallway to cut everyone in line. i'm not quite sure why i had access to the lounge. my mother says that my grandpa got a letter at work (we have a family business, a hardware store and lumber yard, in addition to owning heaps of property) that said something about being a member of something or other and getting access to the lounge in epcot. since my grandparents never went to disney world, he passed it on to my dad. my dad signed up for it, and we had little membership cards. we'd probably spend an hour in the lounge each time we went to epcot. then, one day, we weren't allowed in anymore. i wish i could've spent more time taking in the lounge. it's all gone now. :( i remember waiting on line for horizons for the first time ever. i was quite annoyed that i had to wait in line with all the regular people (yes, i was a very stuck up.. 7 year old? i could've been older, i'm not sure). the horizons lounge was the best. we never recieved anything from exxon, at&t, or any of the other sponsors in epcot. so gone are the days of me sitting in the corporate lounge. :( and gone is horizons, the best ride ever! (once again, i was odd. i loved epcot entirely too much. i even miss communicore.) and i'm only 17. i grew up at disney world though (15 trips).

[end post that will never be seen because this thread is OLD!]

Timon

In World Showcase there is a lounge in Norway, Germany (really a private balcony in the Biergarten), American Adventure has the best and biggest with colonial furniture, fireplaces, dining room for 50 and a board room.

There are spaces for full size lounges in Germany, Italy, Japan and Canada. Some of these areas have elevators or just shafts but with cool views. Japan has the best space with an entrance on the left tower of the "castle". At the top is a nice big space with a wall of sliding glass doors looking out over a roof which was to be a huge Japanese rock garden. On the other tower is access to the restaurant kitchens and a break room. All of this space sits on top of the old "Meet the World then Mount Fuji" future attraction space currently used for maintenance work space.

Poncho1973

I've been in the McD's Dinosaur lounge, the Land lounge, the old Horizon's lounge, the Space Mountain lounge, the Compaq/HP lounge at M:S and the GM lounge in TT

All are exactly as described... just a nice place to relax with cold beverages, cool a/c and soft chairs.

DonickCo

AT&T VIP Lounge & Conference Center Pictures

Source: http://www.lammco.com/AT&T.htm
sorry about the size.

ATT1.jpg

ATT2.jpg

ATT.jpg

-DonickCo

i posted it in PML months ago...here is the link http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34379

lens300

I've been in the Kodak lounge. But that is now closed. From what i can remember we had some free cokes and got to miss the Kodak ad before the show. The lounge closed the middle of last year due to the cost of running it. At least thats what we were told.

Lens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom