Epcot Center Drive closed due to major accident

Mukta

That is just terrible. That photo made me gasp out loud. What a horrible thing to happen to all people involved.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
It's my understanding that the fatality was the driver of blue car. I do not have an official narrative.

However it appears as tho the blue car was rear ended by the bus.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
That is just terrible. That photo made me gasp out loud. What a horrible thing to happen to all people involved.

Terrible? On the horrific scale, this ranks a 1 out of 10. Not to be cold and callous but I've seen much worse.

My personal speculation based on the photos and looking at the scene twice is that the blue Buick was traveling westbound, stopped for reasons unknown and got rear-ended by the bus.

The victim is reportedly in their 60s.

Marc Gil

This just goes to show you how much your life could change in a matter of seconds. This is just tragic. So sad that this happened in the Happiest Place on Earth. :(

Gringrinngghost

From Orlando Sentinel:
According to FHP spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Montes, the crash was reported about 3:25 p.m. A Disney's Magical Express bus collided with the rear of a passenger vehicle on Epcot Center Drive, Montes said.

A woman in her 60s was taken to Celebration Health in Kissimmee and later was pronounced dead, Montes said.

Marc Gil

Simply speculating here but stopping your car In a 50mph speed limit zone in front of heavy bus traffic is not tragic, rather its avoidable.
Well it's tragic when someone's life ends while visiting what's supposed to be a happiest place on earth. Just imagine how his/her family is going through it now. It's pretty sad, no?

luv

Terrible? On the horrific scale, this ranks a 1 out of 10. Not to be cold and callous but I've seen much worse.
You have to remember that most of us have not witnessed many accidents, so the natural reaction is shock and horror.

And we should all remember that Dave has covered many a violent scene, accident and non-accident. When taking into account all possible horror, this may be low on the scale.

It is still exceptionally sad any time anyone dies.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Simply speculating here but stopping your car In a 50mph speed limit zone in front of heavy bus traffic is not tragic, rather its avoidable.
Given the location (right next to the exit) I am wondering if that is exactly what happened. I have seen countless people who will just lock their breaks up in the middle of an interstate because they missed their exit.

Black Pearl

So sorry for all involved in this horrible accident. This would be horrible anywhere and makes you shiver to see the photos.

Last year we were on a highway and saw a car bowed around a poll on the side of the road and on fire. I pulled over, along with many others to try to see if anyone was there. I won't get into details but someone that was on the scene faster was unable to save the woman and child in the car. It was caused by a semitruck running the car off the road carelessly. The truck never stopped or turned around. That was a day I will probably never forget, and saw how people came together on a stretch of highway to be real humans instead of facades of who we want to appear as. Prayers for these people and anyone else that experiences anything like this.

Epicpilot

I would say that the Buick was in the middle or left lane and tried to cutover to the right lane or exit and the bus was out of view of the driver causing the Buick to crossover and be rear end at a high speed.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I would say that the Buick was in the middle or left lane and tried to cutover to the right lane or exit and the bus was out of view of the driver causing the Buick to crossover and be rear end at a high speed.

I'm waiting for the narrative from FHP. We'll find out.

Short version, never try to stop on a major road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom