Epcot busy tonight (9/14)

Stripes

As you know, generally once a parking aisle is full traffic is diverted away from it until the cones are removed for the following day.

Here’s a nice shot from 4pm last year. Another reason to hate food and whine.

View attachment 410347

(We normally avoid it like the plague but I had to meet a man about a dog that evening)
Ohhh so that's what they are calling it these days...

;)
It's apparently an English idiom. I'm familiar with most British phrases and terminology, but that one was unknown to me.

Movielover

It's apparently an English idiom.

"No sir, it is you who is the idiom!"

BelovedFrailGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

;)

draybook

The wait times were great last week. They’ve been ok the last few days but the crowds are definitely making their way back.

mouseadvisor

Please don't think I'm targeting you OP, but Epcot tonight was...pretty quiet for a Saturday during F&W. The disastrous, perpetually short-staffed turnstiles aside, it was more a regular Saturday than a busy F&W Saturday. We even manged to get good spots to watch the fireworks in Italy which almost never happens. Hope you have better luck next time :)
Assuming this Saturday has the same crowd levels, what time would you recommend finding a spot to guarantee prime illuminations viewing?

dreamfinder912

Assuming this Saturday has the same crowd levels, what time would you recommend finding a spot to guarantee prime illuminations viewing?

This weekend or next? This weekend I'd say 7, 6 if it seems more crowded, with the fireworks at 10 for like a REALLY good spot. Next Saturday? Well...I set up for NYE around 3pm and I imagine next weekend will be...packed. But I'm kinda crazy and if I'm not already in my Good Spot I can't enjoy the park anyway worrying that someone will take my Good Spot, so I may as well sit down. If you're local or if you don't mind spending oodles of time waiting, wait. Epcot will (sort of) still be there next time, Illuminations wont.

I'm going today and hope I get a prime spot in the south /east side of the lagoon. It's sounding like 7pm from what I read should guarantee a good spot. Maybe I can push 8?

I kinda went ahead of myself and made a separate thread in the wrong place, don’t mind that lol.

Park busy today, I like the crowd lots of locals . Barges still not out as of 5:30. Gonna scope my spot around 7:30. Making it count!

aladdin2007

I had not seen Epcot so crowded in a long time as I had today. Parking lot looked like it was overflowing into lines of cars along the sides of the perimeters and inside the park it felt/looked near max capacity, though it probably wasn't but sure felt like it. And noticed plenty of drinking behavior issues before twelve noon. Can not imagine it tonight, no thanks. Left at 3 when world showcase was gridlocked.

I had not seen Epcot so crowded in a long time as I had today. Parking lot looked like it was overflowing into lines of cars along the sides of the perimeters and inside the park it felt/looked near max capacity, though it probably wasn't but sure felt like it. And noticed plenty of drinking behavior issues before twelve noon. Can not imagine it tonight, no thanks. Left at 3 when world showcase was gridlocked.
You’re right, 5-7pm it became hard to navigate the wsl. I staked my spot and wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom