Epcot busy tonight (9/14)

TimeTrip

Original Poster
Showed up at 7:30pm. Had to park in Discover 23. This is the lines at the turnstyles at 7:50pm. Just about an hour to park close.

ETA: close is 10pm.. so just over 2 hours to close.

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_194854.jpg
    IMG_20190914_194854.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

spacemtnfanatic

It’s a nice weekend, the temps were slightly tolerable this evening, it’s a Food and Wine Saturday and Illuminations closes forever in two weeks. Nothing surprising here. I’d expect almost New Years Eve level crowds the 27th-30th.

PSM

Man I wish I was in a position (and location) to be able to just casually head to Epcot to watch Illuminations... Color me envious!
Just remember: if you were, you MAY not appreciate it as much as you do being someone who can't just casually show up to check it out an hour or two before close!

A bunch of my family moved to Florida and the Orlando area over the past five years and, while Disney World is still my favorite place in the world and I still have to fly there to visit, I've been able to go a LOT more the past few years than I had in the previous decade and a half. And now that that's the case, the more casual short visits (two days, for example) aren't necessarily as "magical" as my once every few years, week-long vacations were.

Don't get me wrong, though; ANY chance to visit - even for a very short time - is still better than being anywhere else haha.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Just remember: if you were, you MAY not appreciate it as much as you do being someone who can't just casually show up to check it out an hour or two before close!

A bunch of my family moved to Florida and the Orlando area over the past five years and, while Disney World is still my favorite place in the world and I still have to fly there to visit, I've been able to go a LOT more the past few years than I had in the previous decade and a half. And now that that's the case, the more casual short visits (two days, for example) aren't necessarily as "magical" as my once every few years, week-long vacations were.

Don't get me wrong, though; ANY chance to visit - even for a very short time - is still better than being anywhere else haha.

It's really not. It becomes increadibly boring. Don't get me wrong it's nice that on the fly I can do anything I want at Disney or any of the Orlando attractions for that matter. But it's only so much of Disney you can take. You realize that it's all so standardized. And when you start seeing cast members on apps, publix and every where else it's not a good thing lol.

dreamfinder912

Please don't think I'm targeting you OP, but Epcot tonight was...pretty quiet for a Saturday during F&W. The disastrous, perpetually short-staffed turnstiles aside, it was more a regular Saturday than a busy F&W Saturday. We even manged to get good spots to watch the fireworks in Italy which almost never happens. Hope you have better luck next time :)

TimeTrip

Original Poster
Please don't think I'm targeting you OP, but Epcot tonight was...pretty quiet for a Saturday during F&W. The disastrous, perpetually short-staffed turnstiles aside, it was more a regular Saturday than a busy F&W Saturday. We even manged to get good spots to watch the fireworks in Italy which almost never happens. Hope you have better luck next time :)
It did feel not too bad inside.. but we only made it to the Land before deciding to head to DHS. Still I was super shocked to have to park so far out that late.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It did feel not too bad inside.. but we only made it to the Land before deciding to head to DHS. Still I was super shocked to have to park so far out that late.
As you know, generally once a parking aisle is full traffic is diverted away from it until the cones are removed for the following day.

Here’s a nice shot from 4pm last year. Another reason to hate food and whine.

6F8AB235-9DF0-401D-99A2-D5152AB61797.jpeg

(We normally avoid it like the plague but I had to meet a man about a dog that evening)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom