epcot alcohol help???

Sil

Original Poster
hello, i was wondering if anybody would be able to help me?? well...basically i like the soarin ride!! and only managed to get on it once on my last trip (the only time since its been open!!). im off again in 6 days!! :fork: i do not drink beer, wine or most other alcoholic drinks!! :hurl: but i dont mind cocktails!! i have tried the margaritas at mexico and i did not like them, i think it was the tequila?? i was wondering if any of the worlds have any vodka based drinks?? like a vodka red bull?? i just want to have one of these then use my fastpass on soarin lol!! or maybe some other cocktail drink?? thanks in advance for any help!!!:hammer:

The French Pavilion outside has frozen mixed drinks, not sure how many to choose from but there is one Grapfruit Grand Marnier drink that is delicious. I don't drink much but that one is really good! :wave:
Tinkerchelli

toystory 3

Alright, as an experienced Epcot drinker, I would say that France would be your best bet. They have a frozen lemonade that has Grey Goose Vodka in it that is AMAZING!!!

sjead

The joy of Tea in China has a yummy peach tea with Schnapps. It is pretty sweet and very refreshing. :p I think there is a plum tea that is alcholic as well. Not Vodka-based but pretty darn delicious!

sarah91182

The French Pavilion outside has frozen mixed drinks, not sure how many to choose from but there is one Grapfruit Grand Marnier drink that is delicious. I don't drink much but that one is really good! :wave:
Tinkerchelli

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Les Vins des Chefs de France France serves a [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grand Mariner Orange (not grapefruit) Slush and a [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grey Goose Citron Lemonade Slush. [/FONT]Both are VERY tasty! (Grand Marnier is a triple sec, and has an orange essence). Just want to clarify! :wave:

The slushes are a lot less brutal than the tequila flavor in the margaritas, and are smaller (served in a plastic martini glass).

Saturday my boyfriend got the green apple flavored margarita there since it was new (I usually get strawberry, my favorite), and it tasted more like honeydew. I don't know if the mix was off or not blending well with the tequila flavor, but :hurl:!​

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Yeah, I'll concur...France or the UK will be your best bet. I'm a beer guy, so I like Germany and UK the best.

Never be afraid to ask a CM for a recommendation, as they are always trying new things, as well.

NiarrNDisney

Here is a list of things you may enjoy...

China - Green Tea Lychee cocktail w/Melon liquor and something else or the Ginger Citrus Slush which I know had Triple Sec and I think Teuila (Tea Cart)

Italy - Limoncello and Grappe slushies

Japan - Sake

Morocco - Tangerine Cocktail they also have Strawberry & Tangierine Daiquiri's and Pina Colada's (Tangierine Cafe)

France - Grand Marnier (Orange Flavored Martini Slush) & Grey Goose Lemon Slush

Uk - Welsh Dragon

Hope you like them! :slurp:

sarah91182

Japan - Sake

Yes, and you can buy a variety in the back of Mitsukoshi, where they have all the snacks (may I suggest the Tomato Pretz :slurp:). Ozeki "One Cup" is about $3 or so for a single serving, and it is a common 'go-to sake' over in Japan, but they have such a large variety. But unless you like sake, this might not be the best bet.

I'm a beer girl, but at Rose & Crown pub you could get a mixed drink. Well, 2 per ID. :)

Sil

Original Poster
hi, thanks for all of your advice!! much appreciated!! in reply to niarrndisney, are you sure the uk sells welsh dragons?? if so... i take it they do other british based cocktails?

sarah91182

According to a quick google search:

English Rose - Beefeater Gin, Apricot Brandy, Vermouth, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice and Cranberry Juice

Welsh Dragon: Peach schnapps, Melon liqueur, créme de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice

Dooley's Coke Float - Dooley's Cream Liqueur and a splash of Coke

Smooth Mint Drop- Skyy Vodka, Crème de Menthe, Dooley's Cream Liquor blended with Vanilla Ice Cream

plaz10

i agree with the masses.

FRANCE - Grand Marnier Orange Slush & Grey Goose Lemon Slush

very delicious and cools you down. and has just the right amount of booze so that you don't be pursing your lips after sipping this slush.

and if you grab your fastpass first and then grab the drink, it should last you your walk to the land to visit Soarin'

have a good trip!

Rob562

And if you're not into beer, I'd suggest trying the Strongbow at the Rose & Crown, which is a hard cider.

-Rob

NiarrNDisney

hi, thanks for all of your advice!! much appreciated!! in reply to niarrndisney, are you sure the uk sells welsh dragons?? if so... i take it they do other british based cocktails?

Yes the Rose and Crown Pub has both the English Rose and the Welsh Dragon listed on the menu. The recipe's have been mentioned above in a previous post, I had never tried a Welsh Dragon before until my last trip. That being said the R&C's version is the only version I know but it is really good.

sarah91182

And if you're not into beer, I'd suggest trying the Strongbow at the Rose & Crown, which is a hard cider.

-Rob

Ooh... Might I add, as tasty as it is, that my BF, on what I believe was our first real date (yeah, I'm a chick but don't really keep up with that malarkey), ordered one there. He was promptly informed that Strongbow was the drink for the 'ladies of the night'! :lookaroun He hasn't had one since, although. I know it kills him! He's asked me to order one, and I've declined. Oh well... DRINK BEER LIKE THE REST OF US! :D ...and then he does. :lol:

Phonedave

Saturday my boyfriend got the green apple flavored margarita there since it was new (I usually get strawberry, my favorite), and it tasted more like honeydew. I don't know if the mix was off or not blending well with the tequila flavor, but :hurl:!​

I think most of the margarita's made with pre-mix are :hurl:

I tend to stay away from the giant "slurpee" machines full of mararitas.

Its about the same for any drink made with "green" or "red bar mix" bleah.

-dave

Pioneer Hall

Ooh... Might I add, as tasty as it is, that my BF, on what I believe was our first real date (yeah, I'm a chick but don't really keep up with that malarkey), ordered one there. He was promptly informed that Strongbow was the drink for the 'ladies of the night'! :lookaroun He hasn't had one since, although. I know it kills him! He's asked me to order one, and I've declined. Oh well... DRINK BEER LIKE THE REST OF US! :D ...and then he does. :lol:

Ehh..it isn't beer so it can be construed as "less-manly". But men in England do drink them as well.

Rob562

I can safely say that I have absolutely no hesitation walking in and ordering myself a Strongbow. :D
I'll let those who've met me in person judge my level of "manliness". ;)

-Rob

sarah91182

I can safely say that I have absolutely no hesitation walking in and ordering myself a Strongbow. :D
I'll let those who've met me in person judge my level of "manliness". ;)

I just get a kick out of it because I like to tease him, especially since he tried to trade me for my Boddington's. Rose & Crown is the first stop when we get into the park, so I'll ask, 'Would you like a Strongbow... milady?' Then he says he'll get one right after he throws me into the Lagoon, or says that it's more apt for ME to drink a Strongbow :eek::ROFLOL: But instead we just grab some beers and listen to Carol Stein play a few tunes. :sohappy: It's all in good fun, and we've usually had a few Backscratchers over at the Tambu Lounge by then! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom