Epcot 40 Fan Meet-Up

Figments Friend

I thought I booked Epcot and apparently did not. 🙄 Gotta park hop, but I guess either way the best I can do is like four o'clock. Don't know if there's still a point to showing up at that point?

Go for it.
As Martin noted, the Park will indeed be full of Epcot fans.
Between the just announced D23 'event' (laughs) to the two other fan gathering events I'm aware of, the place will have plenty of hard core fans about.

I would not come expecting anything special as far as Disney doing anything that evening, but it can be kinda fun to be there with the place full of Epcot enthusiests who have a deeper appreciation for this Park.
Plus, the living Legend Tony Baxter is going to be about....so you may have a chance at bumping into him amongst the crowd!

Who knows, you might just meet some fellow fans and enjoy the experience of the evening just making your own memories.
Happened to me.....twice!
:)

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

All Go on living with the land! It will be ANARCHY!

During our Epcot 25th Anniversry rally, we did a 'group ride' on JIIwF and it was the first time in ten years that Attraction had a '45 minute wait' listed.
I kid you not!

😆

-

In all seriousness though -
I highly recommend everyone experience 'LwTL' on Oct 1st.
It is one of the few remaining experiences left from EPCOT Center's prime....and still captures that spirit of yore.

If @Epcot82Guy shows up that day and jumps over the turnstiles, he can give everyone a fantastic live-speil version of the greenhouse tour!
🙂

-

trainplane3

While it isn't an official event, Disboards is having an afterhours event on the 40th. It has character M&Gs, desserts, Test Track, Mission: Space, and GotG for rides. I bought a ticket a few days ago. Seems like a much better event then whatever the D23 thing is.

UNCgolf

While it isn't an official event, Disboards is having an afterhours event on the 40th. It has character M&Gs, desserts, Test Track, Mission: Space, and GotG for rides. I bought a ticket a few days ago. Seems like a much better event then whatever the D23 thing is.

Weird to have a 40th event that only includes rides that replaced original classics. Admittedly that's most of the park at this point, and there are probably reasons Living with the Land can't run late (both from the greenhouses and the fact that it requires keeping the whole Land pavilion open, even if everything else inside is closed), but Spaceship Earth is still there!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I can't justify the $99 for D23 or $199 for DisCon but I hope those who are going have fun. I may actually pick up a shift next Saturday night so I can "attend" and get paid :)

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay everyone, today the group of us planning our get together have some good and bad news.

Obviously, we're looking at Hurricane Ian's impact on Florida in the coming days, and obserbong what that means for those of you flying in to visit us. Flights and roads are going to be crazy, as an unpredictable mess comes our way.

We have decided to approach the day of the 40th with no formal RSVP system. The idea for name badges and the Google doc did  not work well, as we only had 4 responses.

HOWEVER, this is not a discouraging message. We are celebrating a park that has persevered, survived, and grown beyond all odds. It's a place that has given all of us hope, comfort, and excitement for 4 decades. That's something in need of celebration.

AS SUCH,
we will still be gathering together in Imagination Gardens. I know some of us have plans for the day, so we will begin mingling at our originally planned time of 10 AM. We will collectively take a picture in front of Imagination Gardens, and plan our day. The idea is to host group rides of select attractions, and gather together for a meal in Connections Cafe.

Then, as day turns to night, we will be hosting a group viewing of Harmonious, as well as the 40th Anniversary fireworks tag. We will be meeting between Japan's Tori Gate and America Gardens Theater, positioned around one of the Lagoon's torches. Here, we will gather around the fire, 'to share the light, and to share a story' of our individual experiences and love for the park.

We hope all of you can join us on this special day, celebrating a park near and dear to us all. Mother Nature may have thrown us a curveball, but we're still going to party!

muddyrivers

During our Epcot 25th Anniversry rally, we did a 'group ride' on JIIwF and it was the first time in ten years that Attraction had a '45 minute wait' listed.
I kid you not!

😆

-

In all seriousness though -
I highly recommend everyone experience 'LwTL' on Oct 1st.
It is one of the few remaining experiences left from EPCOT Center's prime....and still captures that spirit of yore.

If @Epcot82Guy shows up that day and jumps over the turnstiles, he can give everyone a fantastic live-speil version of the greenhouse tour!
🙂

-

I would also recommend doing a group viewing of Impressions de France in the evening as that is truly an EPCOT original (and probably the most original to when it opened in 82).

Figments Friend

Okay everyone, today the group of us planning our get together have some good and bad news.

Obviously, we're looking at Hurricane Ian's impact on Florida in the coming days, and obserbong what that means for those of you flying in to visit us. Flights and roads are going to be crazy, as an unpredictable mess comes our way.

We have decided to approach the day of the 40th with no formal RSVP system. The idea for name badges and the Google doc did  not work well, as we only had 4 responses.

HOWEVER, this is not a discouraging message. We are celebrating a park that has persevered, survived, and grown beyond all odds. It's a place that has given all of us hope, comfort, and excitement for 4 decades. That's something in need of celebration.

AS SUCH, we will still be gathering together in Imagination Gardens. I know some of us have plans for the day, so we will begin mingling at our originally planned time of 10 AM. We will collectively take a picture in front of Imagination Gardens, and plan our day. The idea is to host group rides of select attractions, and gather together for a meal in Connections Cafe.

Then, as day turns to night, we will be hosting a group viewing of Harmonious, as well as the 40th Anniversary fireworks tag. We will be meeting between Japan's Tori Gate and America Gardens Theater, positioned around one of the Lagoon's torches. Here, we will gather around the fire, 'to share the light, and to share a story' of our individual experiences and love for the park.

We hope all of you can join us on this special day, celebrating a park near and dear to us all. Mother Nature may have thrown us a curveball, but we're still going to party!

Has it been confirmed that there is actually going to be a '40th Anniversary fireworks tag'?
Last I was aware, it was not planned.

Perhaps the folks operating the Park that night will surprise us.
😉

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom