Epcot 40 Fan Meet-Up

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Okay so, I'm sorry I've been away, but I've been super busy organizing. I know The DIS is doing an after party to benefit GKTW. As for us, we will be meeting at the Imagination Gardens (near the leaping fountains) at 10 am. In a few short days I will send a collaborative Google doc with time slots, so we can each denote what we would like to plan. I have also contacted the Orlando Sentinel.

Epcot82Guy

I actually just had a thought that is 100% not possible. But how amazing would a sing along to old Epcot pavilion music at Jellyrolls be...

Figment82

I will definitely be there in some capacity on the 1st, but I’m afraid to commit to anything definite. It’ll be me, my parents, my husband, and my daughter (her first Epcot anniversary celebration!). I’d love to be there most of the day, but I’m sure at least my husband will bail and head home early. 😂

I’ve been completely heads-down into making my daughter’s Tiki Bird costume for MNSSHP coming up in a couple weeks, but I really want to make new 40th patches for my SSE Mickey ear hats. Hope I have time!

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Good to see this moving forward.

And glad to see my suggestion for meeting up at the Gardens over at the Imagination Pavillion being forwarded.
It is a great spot to gather folks and have some space without being in the way of crowd flow or other Guests' trying to enjoy the Park.
And benches....and shade......and the other things I mentioned.

🙂

-

tparris

Seeing as I’m a new local to Orlando, this will be the first fan meetup event I’ll be able to go to, so I’m super excited! I may not be the same age as probably most of the people attending this (I’m 20), but thanks to @marni1971 and his brilliant tribute videos(as well as many others on these forums) I’d like to say I’m a about as big a fan of EPCOT Center as someone my age and demographic could be. Anyways, you can count on me being there come October 1st!

Mickeynerd17

I may not be the same age as probably most of the people attending this (I’m 20), but thanks to @marni1971 and his brilliant tribute videos(as well as many others on these forums) I’d like to say I’m a about as big a fan of EPCOT Center as someone my age and demographic could be.
Ditto!

Glad to see more people in my age group passionate about this place. :D

TheEPCOTHistorian

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey everyone! Exciting update on our meetup! Attached below is the Google RSVP form! If you are attending our get together, please fill it out at your earliest convenience, so we can get the ball rolling!

https://forms.gle/Yucejvst1z66JWAZ8

I am working on shirts for us, this would 100% be totally optional and cost about $13 per person, which would be the only paid thing for the day besides a group lunch. I will be releasing more info on that soon.

Each of us are getting our own badges, which I am paying for, to help remember the occasion and identify ourselves with one another to spur conversation! A sample is included below.

40TH Badge Temp.png

If you have any ideas or contributions you'd like to offer. I'd appreciate it endlessly. I really want this to be something we do as a community. This park has brought us together for 40 years. It's once again time we come together to celebrate.

Figments Friend

I was over at Epcot yesterday and caught a showing of Mariachi Cobre.
During the performance, it is mentioned by one of the musicians that they have been there since EPCOT Center's Opening Day and both themselves and the Park will be celebrating their 40th Anniversary come October.

Hearing this, and the hearty applause afterwards, made me smile.
Somebody remembers.

:)

-

trainplane3

Hey everyone! Exciting update on our meetup! Attached below is the Google RSVP form! If you are attending our get together, please fill it out at your earliest convenience, so we can get the ball rolling!

https://forms.gle/Yucejvst1z66JWAZ8

I am working on shirts for us, this would 100% be totally optional and cost about $13 per person, which would be the only paid thing for the day besides a group lunch. I will be releasing more info on that soon.

Each of us are getting our own badges, which I am paying for, to help remember the occasion and identify ourselves with one another to spur conversation! A sample is included below.

View attachment 664272

If you have any ideas or contributions you'd like to offer. I'd appreciate it endlessly. I really want this to be something we do as a community. This park has brought us together for 40 years. It's once again time we come together to celebrate.
Aside from my own late lunch, I should be good for this. My schedule is open especially since it's really looking like it's up to the fans to carry the celebration.

WorldExplorer

I thought I booked Epcot and apparently did not. 🙄 Gotta park hop, but I guess either way the best I can do is like four o'clock. Don't know if there's still a point to showing up at that point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom