Epcot 30th Merchandise

Texas84

images.jpg

blm07

Seems a bit too 80s to me. While Epcot's past few years have been rather lackluster and depressing, I would rather have merchandise based around Epcot's entire history Now AND Then not just "Then". Plus it reeks of Disney trying to cash in on fan nostalgia for attractions that no longer exist (Horizons, WOM) and attractions they ruined (Imagination, The Living Seas) and of course an Attraction that recently closed for rather stupid reasons and turned into a special events only center.(WOL)

I'm GLAD they are finally tapping into the retro market. I'm glad they are starting to see that fans WANT Horizons and Imagination merchandise. Even though I won't be buying pins, I'd like to see more retro merchandise. If they can sell all the cheap plastic toys, why not something that us older fans can enjoy? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't buy a Nigel Channing and Figment shirt, or how about Ellen Save Our Energy shirt?

hpyhnt 1000

Some good looking stuff there! Definitely wouldn't mind owning a few of those items. :)

As an aside, am I the only one who finds the Disney Parks Blog's gushing words of EPCOT Center and how it was so inspiring in 1982 to be kind of ironic? Its spoken of as if present day Epcot just suddenly became reality, as if this change was out of the control of Disney. Epcot could inspire like EPCOT Center once did if Disney wants it to. But alas, all current management sees when it comes to Epcot is $$$, and unfortunately, these pins and merchandise are more evidence of that.

scbb11Sketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbb11Sketch View Post
Wow. Could they have blatantly copied me anymore?
I noticed that too.

Was there an old piece of Disney art that you based your idea off of, or was the "pavilion logos inside the EPCOT logo" thing your original creation?

Pretty sure that was my original idea. And the image they have with the acrylic towers in front of the monorail is pretty much a line for line copy.

Epcot.jpg

430ep123234SMALL.jpg

230ep123234LARGE.jpg

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Sorry man I hate they may have copied you but I do like theirs better. Brighter colors more optimistic look at the past

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom