Epcot 25th - what changes do you want/expect ?

KevinPage

Original Poster
We have a little over 2 years to go, so I figued that Disney may start putting some of its "wheels" into motion, assuming they plan to spruce things up for the 25th.

Let's talk about REALISTIC expectations & wants. You may want an E ticket in every country but it's not happening. My guesses/hopes are:

- rehab of Spaceship Earth with a good/above average post show
- finishing The Living Seas rehab
- overhaul of Wonders of Life (no idea what but it will be open)
- new fireworks show (even thouh I love Illuminations)
- special show in American Gardens theater celebrating world
diversity/achievements
- a few new performances at some of the countries

I don't really see them rehabbing UoE since WoL needs the attention or adding any attractions to World Showcase, as we have heard ZERO about it so far. Also, would they have enough time to add a boat ride or any of signifigance to one of the countries in 2 years?

DarkImage4

KevinPage said:
- rehab of Spaceship Earth with a good/above average post show
- finishing The Living Seas rehab
- overhaul of Wonders of Life (no idea what but it will be open)
- new fireworks show (even thouh I love Illuminations)
- special show in American Gardens theater celebrating world
diversity/achievements
- a few new performances at some of the countries

maybe...

-retro costuming
-"something" at the Odyssey
-perhsp fireworks "best of" - call it "Reflections Of Epcot"
-wand gone

Since1976

It's unlikely we'll get anything more than a special pin and some T-shirts. The Happiest Celebration on Earth is a really big deal, and it's unlikely they'll put something else together so soon after it.

bhg469

good question, seriously a parade should help. i would love to see want gone and maybe open the oddesy again.

KevinPage

Original Poster
Since1976 said:
It's unlikely we'll get anything more than a special pin and some T-shirts. The Happiest Celebration on Earth is a really big deal, and it's unlikely they'll put something else together so soon after it.

I tend to agree with you somewhat. I don't think it's going to be a HUGE she-bang, like the Magic Kingdom's 25th, but I don't see them ignoring it (like they did for the 20th).

Hence why I felt we'd only get some upgrades and a few new things, nothing MAJOR.

But I'd be more than happy to be wrong on every count. :D :D :D

PaisleyMF

Epcot 25

First i would move the Leave a Legacy from the front of the entrace to somewhere else. Not the concrete plates but the bronze plaques, and create a new entrance like the original one but with newer primz (remember they were sold) something like a Black monolith but with the edges in fiberoptics and the original Epcot Center logo and the Original Epcot Center letter in a changing between the newer Epcot logo. even so a plasma display with images of the World Showcase / Future World.

Second, a newer version of SSE most of it an update. Universe of Energy, i know Ellen is a ood comediane and a great show host, but is time to say Bye bye, so lets think that the newer Universe Of Energy with the monsters overlay may work and can be done in time. WoL create a newer areas, upgrade BodyWars, have it more, much more interactive. JIyI, lets face it i would bring a newer version based on the original version with Dreamfinder (who doesn't love an old chubby almost like a Santa Clause / Grandparent character). Imageworks and the labs upstair bring a new and interactive exibit: The Epcot that Never Was / the Epcot we remember. that way you can have some ideas that didn't make it, some that did and even some video / sound bites and maybe some props from the Original rides. Finish LSeas.

As for the World Showcase, in a next post.

Parade / IllumiNations:

there was a show with Mickey kinda like Fantasmic! over the WS fountain. maybe bring something like that over.

why not create a espectacular show, a Big Bang Show that celebrates what Epcot was and Epcot is. why not celebrate the triumps of the Human race, in Communications, Discovery, Space, Earth and Imagination. Maybe the earth barge can be redone and instead of the world it can be a huge display that can be used to recreate some of the original epcot logos, and earth and maybe use SpaceShip Earth as part of the experince.

awallaceunc

I think Kevin & Todd are about right. My list of expectations are...

-Major rehab for SSE
-Finishing the Living Seas
-*Something* new going on with WoL, Innoventions, and maybe HIStA
-The wand gone (hopefully)... and some sort of 25th display near the front of the park
-Maybe an exhibit on Epcot in the Odyssey center
-A new parade
-Maaaaybe new fireworks, or perhaps just some minor change/new addition
-Club Cool (but we already know about that and it will be done early)
-Paint jobs and landscaping all spruced up
-Heavier character/"streetmosphere" presence
-A new Canada film
-Some other attention will be given to the World Showcase, be it small refurbs or a new gimmick or something
-Kidcot updates
-Maybe some new performances at the countries
-Maybe a show at the American Gardens Theatre
-New merchandise

I seriously doubt there will be any changes to UoE, given the amount of time that would take (they'd probably need to start within the next 6 months) and the other things that they'll want to do in that time.

What, if anything, was done for Epcot's 10th and/or 20th anniversaries? I've never seen a park-specific anniversary observance (just resort-wide, like WDW and DLR).

Great thread!

-Aaron

Bluewaves

No More Wand then I would be very happy they could make it part of the fireworks show and blow the wand, I know that would never happen but I would sure pay to see that, woohoo.

MichelleBelle

I hightly doubt they would re-vamp JII again... it's fun to dream though. I don't think they'd do UoE either.

I would hope they replace HISTA and maybe add a new country to the WS.

Also, decide what the heck to do with WoL instead of just having be basically a waste of space.

SSE needs a refurb. It would be really cool so see a totally updated version with more technologies of today and what not... but even if they just give it a touch up/tune up for the AA's I think that would be fine too.

Skippy

- Finish re-theming the living seas.
- A rehab if not update of SSE + a post show actually.
- Wonders of Life filled, updated. If they don't change anything, at least the color scheme so it doesn't look like the 1980s. Good then, not now.
- Possibly fill in some empty space around the park, like suggested earlier. Odyssey, and the place across from innoventions west.
- In the World Showplace, have a tribute to Epcot type exhibit.

- *sigh* New Illluminations, I like the idea of kind of a medley of illuminations past.
- And DEFINATELY bring back tapestry of nations. I'm not that big about parades, but that was definately my favorite disney parade.

And maybe have a week, or specail nights or days, or whatever - where they bring back the original epcot theming across the entire park.

Chape19714

I have been thinking greatly on the idea of a new Illuminations. I even have some music picked out for it. lol. Now if I could just become a pryotechic instead of a pryomaniac! Anyhow, the Name Reflections of Epcot is very close to Reflections of Earth, and There has already been an Illumanations 25. So, I say a new era of Epcot Fireworks, with a new title. I still don't know. For my idea, I took a lot of inspiration from Remember at DL. Putting classic tunes that have helped the park into the sky. It can most definately be done. That's what I would like to see. I have also thought of the possibility of centering the fireworks around future world instead of world showcase, but this brings up crowd control and operating hour issues.

A new Parade (well, ToD or ToN just re-done, and enhanced with the latest in lighting, sound, etc.)

A Golden Boat on living with the land. lol. kidding

The Return of Dreamfinder to Journey into your Imaganaion, it could be a new ride, just with the dreamfinder back in action!

Figment fan

Here are my ideas for this (possible) celebration:

• Sapceship Earth loses the wand.
  • Wonders of Life is open full time.
  • The original Journey into Imagination comes back just for this celebration and a new for voice for Figment is cast.
  • The Land is extended with Horizons making a return.
  • Universe of Energy has a complete rehab, starring Mickey and Donald and someone else.
  • The Living Seas is completed.
For World Showcase:
  • The River of Time at Mexico has a rehab with a minor drop for the climax.
  • Maelstrom at the Norway in World Showcase is removed and replaced by something else.
  • China has a new attraction which has veichles suspended from cables like Peter Pan's Flight.
  • Germany has a rehab with at least a show.
  • Italy has a nice Gondola ride which takes you around the pavilion.
  • American Adventure is removed and have another show take it's place.
  • Japan has an attraction where you go in a veichle which takes you around Japan amongst time.
  • United Kingdom has a new resteraunt.
  • O'Canada re-opens as a 3-D show.

KevinPage

Original Poster
Figment fan said:
Here are my ideas for this (possible) celebration:

• Sapceship Earth loses the wand.
  • Wonders of Life is open full time.
  • The original Journey into Imagination comes back just for this celebration and a new for voice for Figment is cast.
  • The Land is extended with Horizons making a return.
  • The River of Time at Mexico has a rehab with a minor drop for the climax.
  • Maelstrom at the Norway in World Showcase is removed and replaced by something else.
  • China has a new attraction which has veichles suspended from cables like Peter Pan's Flight.
  • American Adventure is removed and have another show take it's place.
  • Japan has an attraction where you go in a veichle which takes you around Japan amongst time.
  • United Kingdom has a new resteraunt.

You can file all those under "don't hold your breathe". :lol:

And get rid of the American Adventure? It is arguably the greatest show that Disney has ever done, period.

While I like some of your other ideas, they are more "pie in the sky" than reality with only 2 years time before the 25th.

:D :D :D

xtimMOOthyx

This just in...

Spaceship Earth will be magically transformed into a giant BIRTHDAY CAKE, and the wand will be turned into a giant candle!! Happy 25th Epcot!:rolleyes:

surfsupdon

Even though the park is large and absorbs crowds nicely, I'd like to see all of the closed areas open again and fully functional to full capacity, and the removal or refurb of Odyssey.

And a revitilization process in World Showcase as opposed to the current trend in only Future World. Maybe an attraction on the backside of the Lagoon that is an original, non Disney inspired attraction (think Maelstrom's uniqueness) or perhaps another country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom