Epcot 25th - what changes do you want/expect ?

MKCP 1985

For the 25th anniversary, here's my wish list:

1. EPCOT parade with tribute to the past and present including floats themed to Horizons, Motion, and Imagination with Figment and Dreamfinder, plus whatever they would like to put in for the present.

2. Updated Seacabs for Living Seas

3. Removal/relocation of the tombstone "Leave a Legacy" and replacement with new entrance to main park entrance.

and

4. A serious new attraction of any kind in one of the Country pavilions.

RoninHood

Every Country in World Showcase should have some sort of ride,cause right now its sort of blah.
Here are some ideas.

Germany- A big bad wolf coaster,that takes you through the black forest and an erie dark castle

Japan- Mount fuji ride kind of like the matterhorn.

Morrocco-Aladdin magic carpet simulator ,simuliar to body wars and star tours.

China-A spiralling dragon coaster ride with a mulan theme.

France-a TOT eifel tower theme.

UK-another soaring type attraction but with a mary poppins theme

Itlay-a venice boat ride

Tim G

RoninHood said:
Every Country in World Showcase should have some sort of ride,cause right now its sort of blah.
Here are some ideas.

Germany- A big bad wolf coaster,that takes you through the black forest and an erie dark castle

Japan- Mount fuji ride kind of like the matterhorn.

Morrocco-Aladdin magic carpet simulator ,simuliar to body wars and star tours.

China-A spiralling dragon coaster ride with a mulan theme.

France-a TOT eifel tower theme.

UK-another soaring type attraction but with a mary poppins theme

Itlay-a venice boat ride

So it's going to be World Coastercase...
Better sell the whole joint to 6flags...

Bad idea...

Tara Mae

No more ugly and stupid and pointless wand!!!

Here's some other suggestions:
*An update of Spaceship Earth, maybe add cell-phones and all the other technology that has been introduced, but don't change anything, just additions.
*Repaint Maelstrom...the trolls are turning white.
*Make "River through time" a bit more interesting, no drops, just thrills by special effects
*At the end of "American Adventure" show how this "dream" has come to truth in the world today
*DO NOT PUT ANY KIND OF THEMED ROLLERCOASTER/FAST RIDE IN, THAT WOULD BE POINTLESS AND WOULD RUIN WHAT EPCOT WAS MADE FOR!!
*Bring back the original "Figment"....hey, one can dream!

And the two that would never happen:
*Return Horizons
*Return "World of Motion".

Or maybe have a "trip through time" theme in Innoventions...

Epcot82Guy

Realistically, I think Epcot will only get one major rennovation/addition project. With sponsor help, maybe two. Everything else will be minor.

-Small World-style rehab of SSE with a new ending
-Re-working of the leave a Legacy area to be more of a hybrid of the old (add some water, plant life, lighting effects, etc.) including a new pillar statute OR "Tomorrow's Child" statute in the central fountain
-Redo WOL or change the pavilion out completely. I don't think any pavilion should be closed during the celebration.
-Bring back a version of Tapestry
-Re-work Odyssey into "Nations." An international eating destination that is buffet in style, but with high quality international fusion cuisine. In the center is a show kitchen where chefs come up and create a dish that then appears in the buffet itself. This is broadcast on screens throughout the restaurant. Guests can reserve the "chef's table" and interact directly with the chef. (Eventually, this could evolve into a cooking series on ABC featuring guest chefs on the restaurant).

KevinPage

Original Poster
I hardly remember what Epcot looked like before Leave a Legacy, does anyone have a photo?

Also I see it mentioned how there was a "different" park entrance?

sheryl2007

I haven't been to Epcot in a few years, if they did put in a new country in WS, where would it go? Is there an obvious spot for new places? I can't remember noticing one.:confused:

gsimpson

Leave a legacy should just leave

While I am not a great fan of the ever-unpopular wand I find the tombstones, I mean headstones, I mean leave a legacy monuments to be far uglier and in fact down right depressing. I have to question the taste and possibly intelligence of whom ever thought something that has a stiking resemblance to a cemetary would be a good way to decorate the entry esplanade to Epcot.

Turn Odessy into something, even if it is just a meet and greet or pin stations.

Redo/update SSE, since AT&T is long gone it does not need to be communications centric anymore, change the scenes to be perhaps more of a history of mankind.

Add something ANYTHING to world showcase, that section has been static way too long. Preferably add a new country but at the very least upgrade some existing countries. Perhaps create the Rhine river in Germany, Mount Fuji in Japan?

** By the way, since this is only the 25th anniversary the boat needs to be silver.

mkepcotmgmak

i hope to see a parade!

i would LOVE to see the "All Around the World Parade" from Paris... it would fit so nicely to the themeing of World Showcase! (I think the actual name of the parade is "ImagiNations Parade". ToD and ToN was a GREAT addition to WS... parades are always nice!

I would also like to see SE get a lot of work! New paint, new finale scene, new sound...

WOL - DO SOMETHING!

Can we get another QSF&B in WS and Discover/Future World?

Speed up the turntable on the Garden Grill to about 10 times faster, and make it an e-ticket dining experience! (with provided seat belts and puke bags!)

netenyahoo

I would expect a new parade and either new fireworks show or at least a change to IllumiNations. SSE will get a rehab and new post show. Living Seas makeover will be finished.

I don't see anything else really happening other than maybe some exhibits and other little things. I would hope the entrance area would get a redo too. WOL probably won't have anything done to it for at least a few more years. I would like to see a ride or 2 opened in World Showcase, but doubt it will happen anytime soon.

manny8979@yahoo

mkepcotmgmak said:
i hope to see a parade!

i would LOVE to see the "All Around the World Parade" from Paris... it would fit so nicely to the themeing of World Showcase! (I think the actual name of the parade is "ImagiNations Parade". ToD and ToN was a GREAT addition to WS... parades are always nice!

I would also like to see SE get a lot of work! New paint, new finale scene, new sound...

WOL - DO SOMETHING!

Can we get another QSF&B in WS and Discover/Future World?

Speed up the turntable on the Garden Grill to about 10 times faster, and make it an e-ticket dining experience! (with provided seat belts and puke bags!)
The Reason Tapestry Of Dreams And Nations Where such a great addition was because you never see parades like this that interact with the guests and it really makes world showcase come alive.

mkepcotmgmak

tk421-sw said:
How about making it the way Walt wanted it.....:lookaroun

i've thought about that too... but i don't think there are enough clown schools left in the world... :lookaroun :hammer:

seriously though, could you imagine if people actually lived there, and epcot was a city?

mkepcotmgmak

MKCP 1985 said:
For the 25th anniversary, here's my wish list:

1. EPCOT parade with tribute to the past and present including floats themed to Horizons, Motion, and Imagination with Figment and Dreamfinder, plus whatever they would like to put in for the present.

2. Updated Seacabs for Living Seas

3. Removal/relocation of the tombstone "Leave a Legacy" and replacement with new entrance to main park entrance.

and

4. A serious new attraction of any kind in one of the Country pavilions.

great idea on a 'retro' parade!

i never really cared for the leave a legacy out front either, but don't they HAVE to have them there, like when you get your picture on one, don't they guarantee it there for so many years?

WDWHeadBanger

Im all about the little things...ya know making everything look nice for the celebration. Which would include minor rehabs for everything that hasnt had it in a while, some new paint jobs etc. and of course maybe a couple of other changes here and there. And it would also be nice for them to unveil something at the 25th anniversary so they arent confined by time. And finally I wouldn't cry too hard if they took that wand down....maybe....a little tear.....nope sorry
lol

MKCP 1985

mkepcotmgmak said:
great idea on a 'retro' parade!

i never really cared for the leave a legacy out front either, but don't they HAVE to have them there, like when you get your picture on one, don't they guarantee it there for so many years?
Thanks! As for the legacy, you are correct in that when you buy one, it is guaranteed for a number of years, but I don't believe they are guaranteed to be located in one particular location or to be in a butt-ugly display format either. :lol: Some have suggested moving the whole thing to someplace less conspicuous, like the entrance at World Showcase. How about putting them inside the Wonders of Life pavilion? Nobody'd see them in there! (J/K!)

aeillill

I'd like to see the world showcase get a little work done on it, a few new rides maybe a new country. I'm not greedy, I'd be happy with one new country and one new ride :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom