EPCOT 25th RUMORS

jcc0621

Original Poster
I just received my 2007 passporter. On Page 191 it says "There's another celebration on the horizon, although Disney had not announced it by the time we went to press. EPCOT will be 25 years old on 10/1/07, right after the year of a million dreams ends. Disney has been silent, but the rumor mill is filled with park lovers hopes and dreams. This celebration will most likely be low-key and limited to EPCOT itself. We're guessing there will be an update to the Illuminations fireworks and music show, the possible return of a parade of some sort, and an announcement of one or more new or rehabilitated attractions (something to replace Wonders of Life, an update to Ellen's Energy Adventure, perhaps a new pavilion for Worldshowcase) There is also a good chance that the glittery Epcot sign atop spaceship earth will have a 25 or some such added to it, to mark the special occasion.

OK, let the party begin. Just remember DON"T SHOOT THE MESSENGER:D

darthjohnny

I just received my 2007 passporter. On Page 191 it says "There's another celebration on the horizon, although Disney had not announced it by the time we went to press. EPCOT will be 25 years old on 10/1/07, right after the year of a million dreams ends. Disney has been silent, but the rumor mill is filled with park lovers hopes and dreams. This celebration will most likely be low-key and limited to EPCOT itself. We're guessing there will be an update to the Illuminations fireworks and music show, the possible return of a parade of some sort, and an announcement of one or more new or rehabilitated attractions (something to replace Wonders of Life, an update to Ellen's Energy Adventure, perhaps a new pavilion for Worldshowcase) There is also a good chance that the glittery Epcot sign atop spaceship earth will have a 25 or some such added to it, to mark the special occasion.

I hope they do have a 25 Anniversary.

Some say that the Vice President of Epcot, or someone high in the ranks, said that there will be no actual celebration, but who know's? :shrug:

I wish they do celebrate it thought. :)

WDWFigment

Interesting. I don't see Disney really thinking they can not at least acknowledge Epcot's 25th; if they don't, the fans crowding the park (see the 20+ page thread on these boards) will make the company look foolish...

DisneyDellsDude

I hope it happens. But I have no clue if it will or not. It's still more than a half a year away, which leaves hope! Disney didn't announce HM going down for a refurb until just a bit ago, which is 3.5 months away.

Champion

Interesting. I don't see Disney really thinking they can not at least acknowledge Epcot's 25th; if they don't, the fans crowding the park (see the 20+ page thread on these boards) will make the company look foolish...

A 20 page thread on a Disney fan site hardly makes the place crowded. Even if every post was a different person, and every single person went, thats only 200 people.

If you think the casual guest really cares about being there on the (day of the) 25th anniversary of Epcot, you're mistaken (sadly).

EpcotServo

Those guides always say those things. I always love reading them and picking out the mistakes, and things that are just rumors. I'd like to think they will, but by now it's pretty much confirmed nothing is going on. (Except our event!)
:D

jedimaster1227

Is the passporter even official? :rolleyes:

Can we get the exact text as it is shown on the page? I have heard certain things about Epcot's 25th but most of them I would be shot for revealing this early on... :shrug:

EpcotMark

Scan the page and paste it on here. Then I'll believe it.:wave:

Astro_Digital

Can we get the exact text as it is shown on the page? I have heard certain things about Epcot's 25th but most of them I would be shot for revealing this early on... :shrug:

Not really ... Fireworks, parade and Sign does not sound like much it is still 6 1/2 months to Oct.

The other things can happen next year or two.

autumndawn1006

Actually, after reading the post I realized I would be happy to forego the celebration as long as they really don't add anything else to the top of SE!

jasondiff

The Year of a Million Dreams ends on Dec 31 2007, NOT Sept 30. So a 25th celebration for Epcot will have nothing to do with the ending of the YoaMD.

SewIn2Disney

You started off with a quotation mark, but never closed the quotation. Where exactly does the exact quote end and your thoughts begin?

jcc0621

Original Poster
Oops, sorry. My only comments were OK, let the party begin and DOn't shoot the messenger. Every thing from page 191 ends with special occassion.

I agree with what someone else said and that they DON'T add something else to the wand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figments Friend

Thanks for the nod!

:wave:

Yes folks...come party with the EPCOT fans on October 1st!

( click the link below in my sig to learn all about it, if you don't already! :D )

Jerm

No it is not. The passporter is written by someone that runs a unoffical website. So if they hear a rumor that is what they put it in there. I would say that the fact that the head of Epcot said it is not happening is more then a small HINT that it is not happening!!!

So yes in fact this is a BIG rumor!

J

goofyfan13

I would love to see a return of Tapestry of Dreams! That was always one of my "Disney dream jobs"

ToD paled in comparison to ToN. However, while I would love to see ToN return, it more than likely is not coming back, unless they can figure out a way to create puppets that don't beat the crap out of the performers.

frank4369

It would make sense if they did do something starting then since Disney likes to have a different theme each year to give you a reason to go back. I personally hope they do something. EPCOT is my favorite park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom