EPCOT 25th Gallery was CLOSED today - what's up?

EPCOT Explorer

I'm glad we were standing inside of it yesterday for such a special occasion as WDWCelebrations, World Wide Weekend. It seems fitting that we all met there one last time :)

Yeah...But what about the people that only got to see it once...And wanted to see it again.:confused:

No offense or anything...:kiss::eek:

UGH...I am so mad right now...:cry:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I'm glad we were standing inside of it yesterday for such a special occasion as WDWCelebrations, World Wide Weekend. It seems fitting that we all met there one last time :)

Yeah we got that epic picture that will be a memory forever. I have your address and Jackie's - I need to get everyone elses address. I will have the pics printed and mail them to everyone.

EPCOT Explorer

I have this desire to clobber you Travis. :lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

Really, it is such a simple thing to keep open. I know you and I go all the time but there are people who do not and there's so much in there that people should learn about EPCOT. So many clueless people go there - you know, you ride the monorail and the tram with them while they talk about riding Fast Track - so any little bastion of information and history is greatly needed.

Yep...Disney USED to care about it's past.Now...Just $$$$.:zipit::zipit:

Evo

It is officially closed. Yesterday was the last day it was open. I too was suprised as I went into work today. I saw it was not open, I called the manager, and they said yesterday was the last day. :(

Are you KIDDING?

WALT DISNEY WORLD CAN'T KEEP A MUSEUM OPEN?!?

That is complete and utter nonsense.Does it really cost them THAT much to close down a room with a few lighting rigs, retro BGM and a TV?

Disney...COME ON.Acknowledge your history.Build on it.Don't just shove it into a room for a year and then forget about it.

Seriously...
I wanted to visit the 25th Gallery when I'm there in November - guess that's not happening.. Maybe we should complain to guest relations about it, it's not like there really going to use the space for anything..

Ev

EPCOT Explorer

I didn't mean that it was ok that it was closing, I only meant that I was glad we were there yesterday :)
Ah.

Sowwy.:kiss::wave:

I wanted to visit the 25th Gallery when I'm there in November - guess that's not happening.. Maybe we should complain to guest relations about it, it's not like there realyl going to use the space for anything..

Ev
They better use it for something good...If that stays empty...?It's the new SSE.

:lol:/:fork:

EpcotServo

Quote:
Fry: This can't be happening!
Bender: It can and, for all you know, it is!

:lol::sohappy:

Why not?It was just a room...Is there a reason for closing somehting that did not effect the bottom line?It makes no sense.

Because showing you how cool it WAS made the stuff that's there now look bad?
:lol:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I know. I don't want to go crazy get upset until we hear confirmation. :lookaroun That would be really jerky of me. :lol:

It's hard for me to not go crazy thinking about this though. I'm seriously wondering what kind of money it cost to keep it open and running... Not much? :shrug:

The only way I'd be somewhat okay with the closure is if WDW put the items on display on eBay for little to no money and I was able to buy most of it. :lookaroun

HMF

I wish they'd keep it open as a Blue Sky Cellar like the one coming to DCA. A lot of you guys know Jim Macphee right?

kingslyZISSOU

Bender: Oh... Your... god...

dang, I wish I had gotten to see this. I totally forgot it was there my last trip. Maybe they'll open it up for the candle light crowds....?

haveyoumetmark

WOW.... I saw it once. Mangement is asinine. It boggles the mind, not just this, but recently what I've been reading and experiencing... I almost regret renewing my AP. This was such a nice touch and much-needed nod to the past. Closing it just because.... that's asinine.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I didn't mean that it was ok that it was closing, I only meant that I was glad we were there yesterday :)

*raises eyebrow*

:lol::lol::lol:

We were so freaking lucky to have been there. All of us with the love and passion for all that era of EPCOT, standing there together.

I hope this is false news, though. We don't have official confirmation.

It's hard for me to not go crazy thinking about this though. I'm seriously wondering what kind of money it cost to keep it open and running... Not much? :shrug:

The only way I'd be somewhat okay with the closure is if WDW put the items on display on eBay for little to no money and I was able to buy most of it. :lookaroun

You are so silly! HAHAHA! Our ebay thread would be pretty freaking killer, though!

haveyoumetmark

I kind of doubt that there ever will be an "official confirmation." Perhaps when they start to take the sinage down...

I'll be there with my picthfork! :lol:

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
I kind of doubt that there ever will be an "official confirmation." Perhaps when they start to take the sinage down...

I'll be there with my picthfork! :lol:

I can see that getting through security....:lol:....but I have recently gotten through security with some pretty random stuff....:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Quote:
Fry: This can't be happening!
Bender: It can and, for all you know, it is!

:lol::sohappy:

Because showing you how cool it WAS made the stuff that's there now look bad?
:lol:

It was a nod to the past. This just shows that Disney is only concerned with the present. If they were to see the problems and solutions of the post, maybe some of their current blunder's would not be so...bad.

This Gallery showed us that they COULD look back and COULD make a park like that again.

"The answers lie in our past" -SSE'82

That would be a slight concession, yes...But, I REALLLY wish it will reopen.
WOW.... I saw it once. Mangement is asinine. It boggles the mind, not just this, but recently what I've been reading and experiencing... I almost regret renewing my AP. This was such a nice touch and much-needed nod to the past. Closing it just because.... that's asinine.

Yep.

I fully agree with you.

goofyfan13

I see the penny pinchers are at in again...unbelievable.

I mean, do they honestly have anything better planned to put in this room, if anything? If not, why not keep it open, instead of turning it into a vacant room. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom