Epcot 25 SSE Details: Spill it CMs!

Jerm

As a CM (far removed from WDW) that reads every issue of Eye & Ears I can tell you there has been no talk about anything for the 25th in any issue. Could you also send me the link, I would love to read it also.

J

Katya

As far as I know, being a SSE CM....well, we haven't been told anything anyway. There's obviously new things in the works back where Global Neighborhood was at the end of the ride due to open. And rumor is there's going to be changes to the ride what with the new sponsor and all. But nothing about the wand or any details of anything announced.

Imaginationeer

As far as the 25th aniversary and all the fixings that were to be assembled, forget about it. You may not see more than a pin and a polo shirt in december, and consider yourself lucky if imagination actually closes.

CJR

If they do anything, I'd like to see them reopen Wonders of Life after a nice renovation. Then maybe something with Universe of Energy, Upgrades to Spaceship Earth, the Brainstorm Coaster Idea (It was just mention back during the Time Racers debate and I loved the idea) for Imagination, and then focus on adding new countries and attractions to The World Showcase. I would be happy with that. Then again, if they pause Epcot this December (When Wonders of Life is open) I'll be just as happy with that :) .

MickeyTigg

I will probably be lynched for saying this...but...I LOVE THE WAND!!! there, I said it...let the lynching begin! :sohappy: I'll gladly be a martyr for the wand!

It doesn't bother me all that much either. I would be fine without it, but I'm okay with it too.

:cool:

Mansion Butler

We know you've got details CMs!

I'm only slightly-not-above walking my happy butt out through the TT or Mexico gate and to the Cast Services building to pick up a copy of Eyes and Ears. (disclaimer: the merf would never violate Disney policy in his quest for knowledge).

So, pray tell, what's the story?

Why do you want us fired?:lol:

Gorjus

I think you would be surprised at how little cast members know. What gets printed in eyes and ears is usually public knowlege or rather internet fan knowlege. I get more scoops from this website than from anything that Disney tells its cast members. By the time I read it in eyes and ears, it is simply confirmation of something you all have already been saying.

In fact one of my managers who likes to keep his ear to the ground was surprised when I showed him the article in Allears.net where Brad said there would be no Epcot 25th celebration. He was waiting to hear what they would do and is very disappointed in the news.

DisneyMusician2

How come we can celebrate Disneyland's 50th around the world, but we can't even get a banner or a fireworks show commemorating Epcot's 25th? Someone needs to put together an Epcot tribute video! 25 Years of history and semi-futuristic concepts!

Katya

I think you would be surprised at how little cast members know. What gets printed in eyes and ears is usually public knowlege or rather internet fan knowlege. I get more scoops from this website than from anything that Disney tells its cast members. By the time I read it in eyes and ears, it is simply confirmation of something you all have already been saying.

In fact one of my managers who likes to keep his ear to the ground was surprised when I showed him the article in Allears.net where Brad said there would be no Epcot 25th celebration. He was waiting to hear what they would do and is very disappointed in the news.

For some reason I never really manage to get my hands on an Eyes and Ears, but I never discovered anything amazing in them. And even then, I didn't know there wasn't going to be any type of anniversary kind of celebration. That really is extremely disappointing.

ToTBellHop

How come we can celebrate Disneyland's 50th around the world, but we can't even get a banner or a fireworks show commemorating Epcot's 25th? Someone needs to put together an Epcot tribute video! 25 Years of history and semi-futuristic concepts!
The first Disney park turning 50 is a little bit more important than Epcot turning 25...honestly when the Year of a Million Dreams was announced, any celebration of Epcot's 25th was killed. Why are we still discussing this?

Horizons1

The first Disney park turning 50 is a little bit more important than Epcot turning 25...honestly when the Year of a Million Dreams was announced, any celebration of Epcot's 25th was killed. Why are we still discussing this?

Because its something we see as important and want to happen. And it will happen, even if we have to do it ourselves (which is what its looking like right now)...

XS-Spence

I will probably be lynched for saying this...but...I LOVE THE WAND!!! there, I said it...let the lynching begin! :sohappy: I'll gladly be a martyr for the wand!

We're not going to lynch you, but we'll be installing at your house as soon as it comes down. ;)

DVCconvert

I've been contacted by several people with access to the information you are talking about, and they tell me that the original link is just fiction. Which is why I removed it.

Other CMs in this thread are also confirming there is nothing in E&E about the wand.

"shocking!"

:ROFLOL:

Xadllas

Well its not like he said we should celebrate it around the world too. And as said before people are still discussing it because people actually care about it. And I think Epcot's 25th is just as important as Disneyland's 50th.

DisneyMusician2

Well its not like he said we should celebrate it around the world too. And as said before people are still discussing it because people actually care about it. And I think Epcot's 25th is just as important as Disneyland's 50th.

I centainly think it was just as important! It was a big project with big ideas and theming that had never been attempted. A walk-through set-up would certainly be warranted, IMHO. :confused:

jakeman

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with those who say the 25th of Epcot is as important as the 50th of Disneyland.

Disneyland was the first of its kind. Epcot is a theme park with some clever marketing that makes it seem more than it is. Of course, this is my opinion.

Now if the original visions of Epcot had come to pass and was still succeding today then there would be something to celebrate.

The 25th aniversary of anything is important, just some more so than others. You may call me an apologist if you like, but I have faith that the Disney company looked at the marketing potential of celebrating Epcot's 25th at all levels (park, resort, global) and is making the best use of their resources.

Bluewaves

Tear down the wand, I would like something done for Epcot's 25th as well not that I think its as important as Disneyland's 50th but its a milestone none the less. One of the reasons for the start of the Florida Project was to explore the idea of EPCOT so its a shame that it will probably go unnoticed by the general public.

Some general upkeep and removal of something hidious like that wand would make me happy, also some grease on the tracks at SSE would also make me giddy, maybe some padding on the headrest as well for that backwards part fo the trip, sorry us tall people get out heads smashed into the corners of those things enough, lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom