News EPCOT 2020 reopening reports

Thelazer

Mask compliance has gotten progressively worse with each park visit I’ve made starting with the previews. I don’t know if it’s Disney and CMs losing the will to enforce or if more guests that don’t care are showing up as we get farther from reopening. Either way, it doesn’t bode well for the increases in visitation/capacity that Disney is going to need sooner rather than later. I worry for the CMs, especially those indoors.

Not unexpected, you can only keep people in a state of panic for a set amount of time, before they just give up and stop caring.

jt04

Not unexpected, you can only keep people in a state of panic for a set amount of time, before they just give up and stop caring.

Good luck to them for getting on any attractions of picking up or ordering food. Or shopping.

Besides, nobody wants to bring home an unwanted gift for others when a mask can help prevent it. But people can be people I guess.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1595721015962.png

Piebald

I found Epcot to be really disappointing. The walls make maneuvering the front a bit annoying and in this heat there is very little shade. From walking from the parking lot to either Living Seas or Mousgear/M:S it's a lot of direct sun just roasting you.

The lack of international CMs makes it a weird experience although there are some vets from what I saw so it wasn't entirely devoid of people from the respective countries. Lots of shops closed too. I know people complain about the overabundance of shops but when they're closed its noticeable too.

The food and wine stuff just didnt feel great either. The indoor area between Canada and UK is nice but you can only spend so much time there before you're bored.

I know they dont want to open up Rat during this hellhole but honestly with how long the line was at Frozen (the wait was only like 30 min but the socially distant line extended almost put to the China food both) it just shows Epcot is sorely missing things to do. Animal Kingdom was enjoyable relative to the situation. Epcot was...depressing.

SoFloMagic

Every time I watch a live stream I see 100% compliance. Perhaps at the end of the day when parks empty people think it is safe to remove their masks.
It really depends on the day. MK seems to be the best at enforcement. Epcot I haven't seen any issues personally, so I've never seen them address it.
AK I've seen cast straight up ignore it though. To be fair, it's a lot to put on regular CMs.

They really hyped up this mask squad, but they just aren't enough of a presence. I watched a woman drinking a Starbucks drink, mask fully off standing within a foot of the exit of a store at HS the other day. There was a mask squad woman within 2 feet of her checking to make sure no masks came off for photopass who said nothing.

SoFloMagic

It really depends on the day. MK seems to be the best at enforcement. Epcot I haven't seen any issues personally, so I've never seen them address it.
AK I've seen cast straight up ignore it though. To be fair, it's a lot to put on regular CMs.

They really hyped up this mask squad, but they just aren't enough of a presence. I watched a woman drinking a Starbucks drink, mask fully off standing within a foot of the exit of a store at HS the other day. There was a mask squad woman within 2 feet of her checking to make sure no masks came off for photopass who said nothing.
Replying to myself to give an update. Was at epcot today and saw lots of enforcement. For instance, I saw a man walking with his nose uncovered and a cm working at a kiosk stepped out and asked him to lift it.

TrainsOfDisney

I wish at night around an hour before closing time they would turn on the torches and maybe alternate between the Illuminations loop and the Epcot Forever loop, and then the Tapestry music around 915ish for the walk out of World Showcase. The night time ambiance is definitely missing.

That illuminations loop at night with the torches was just perfection. That really defined Epcot for me I think.

Mikey73181

That illuminations loop at night with the torches was just perfection. That really defined Epcot for me I think.

When I was here the other night, I actually played the tapestry music on my phone as we exited towards the Skyliner. Definitely had a few people looking in my area like they knew what it was and we’re trying to figure out where it was coming from.

SoFloMagic

But to reply to a post a skimmed past earlier, at the IG entrance on Sunday they were using the new security scanner. Just a one day in the moment report, no indication of anything permanent.
Interesting given the incident there last week. Probably just a ramp up in the test and unrelated though.

Thelazer

I've never seen this park so dead in the 12 years I've been visiting. Itll always be a favorite of mine but seeing it in the state I saw Sunday was sad. They really should have left it closed for the time being.

If they would lift the main gate passes, and offer a Florida resident deal that isn't a insult.. they would do better.

JimW

Premium Member
When I was here the other night, I actually played the tapestry music on my phone as we exited towards the Skyliner. Definitely had a few people looking in my area like they knew what it was and we’re trying to figure out where it was coming from.
Or maybe they were looking around to see who was being inconsiderate enough to play music from their phone walking around inside and outside of a park. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Mikey73181

Or maybe they were looking around to see who was being inconsiderate enough to play music from their phone walking around inside and outside of a park. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

I think they knew what it was and were trying to place where it was coming from. Phone was in my pocket and it wasn’t obnoxiously loud, just enough for myself to hear it really. I was surprised other people could here it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom