News EPCOT 2020 reopening reports

ElvisMickey

Can anyone speak to the “crowd” currently at Epcot? Is it Saturday Night Fever? Quiet?

Posted this in the Magic Kingdom one earlier...whoops 😃

So I’m just getting home from EPCOT. Still low crowds, most attractions were walk ons early but the one thing I did notice that there was a LOT less mask compliance and enforcement than there was at the MK last week for the AP previews. I saw obnoxious kids walking around with their masks half off in Future World, people strolling mask free with their alcohol in World Showcase, some woman walking into the caramel store (whatever it’s called) in Germany with no mask on, even some dude smoking IN the park. Now, I know that Disney set forth an updated policy today in regards to where/when you have to wear your mask, but word must have been slow to get around or it just wasn’t being enforced.

Lilofan

Posted this in the Magic Kingdom one earlier...whoops 😃

So I’m just getting home from EPCOT. Still low crowds, most attractions were walk ons early but the one thing I did notice that there was a LOT less mask compliance and enforcement than there was at the MK last week for the AP previews. I saw obnoxious kids walking around with their masks half off in Future World, people strolling mask free with their alcohol in World Showcase, some woman walking into the caramel store (whatever it’s called) in Germany with no mask on, even some dude smoking IN the park. Now, I know that Disney set forth an updated policy today in regards to where/when you have to wear your mask, but word must have been slow to get around or it just wasn’t being enforced.
In Epcot where lots of alcohol are consumed could add to the effect. For the kids, they are just acting stupid.

ElvisMickey

In Epcot where lots of alcohol are consumed could add to the effect. For the kids, they are just acting stupid.

Epcot is a tough one to keep in check in general. But they’re going to need to figure it out. Especially if they start to increase attendance.

TrainsOfDisney

Who gets more aggressive... a guest with alcohol in Epcot or a guest with Dole Whip in MK?

(Alcoholic dole whip in Epcot / DAK should be an entire page to itself in cast member enforcement playbook!)

joup7

Who gets more aggressive... a guest with alcohol in Epcot or a guest with Dole Whip in MK?

(Alcoholic dole whip in Epcot / DAK should be an entire page to itself in cast member enforcement playbook!)

I got my dole whip and sat down and watched the magic carpets fly. So I’m going. With alcohol at Epcot!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1595244255815.png

SoFloMagic

Yup. Makes sense. If by lets say noon, the parks are not "at cap" for the day, then open up park hoping and post a message thru the MDE app.. Or even something like a virtual fast pass, that lets you "pass" to the next park.
I like your fastpass idea better. But for any of this they'd likely need to restrict re-entry so they'd know they had a spot.
Edit - Or they could just not worry about it since distancing isn't gonna be an issue at epcot.

Rider

New signs are up-
View attachment 485137
Extremely low crowds in the showcase this evening. It’s the lightest I’ve ever seen and that includes the day before Irma. Every food stand is a walk up.
Weekday Food and Wine was always walk up even before limited attendance.

I imagine now weekdays are practically empty. Even if they let more locals in how many would show up on a Monday afternoon?

Epcot has reservations available for almost every day for all tickets. The tourists are the missing. Not locals who want to go but can't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom