Entrance Permits

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought this was interesting enough to warrant a thread. There were three permits filed today for work on the main entrances of Epcot and Animal Kingdom, and Epcot's International Gateway. The contractor is Barton Mallow who does some big projects for Disney. Currently they are doing Pizza Rizzo, but they were also one of the two main contractors on the Fantasyland Expansion. The expiration dates are all July 28th, 2017. If I had to guess I would say this is security related.

Epcot
upload_2016-9-8_13-50-31.png

Animal Kingdom
upload_2016-9-8_13-51-18.png

Epcot International Gateway

upload_2016-9-8_13-51-59.png

Last edited:

peter11435

I thought this was interesting enough to warrant a thread. There were three permits filed today for work on the main entrances of Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, and Epcot's International Gateway. The contractor is Barton Mallow who does some big projects for Disney. Currently they are doing Pizza Rizzo, but they were also one of the two main contractors on the Fantasyland Expansion. The expiration dates are all July 28th, 2017. If I had to guess I would say this is security related.

Magic Kingdom
View attachment 160097

Animal Kingdom
View attachment 160098

Epcot International Gateway

View attachment 160099
First image is Epcot.

NowInc

Someday. The clock is ticking down on the monu-slabs.

Judging by how similar to the bricks of TTC/MK, the LoL was marketed as a permanent installation (thus the word legacy), going to say that clock ticking has an infinite battery.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Judging by how similar to the bricks of TTC/MK, the LoL was marketed as a permanent installation (thus the word legacy), going to say that clock ticking has an infinite battery.

The agreement for these is that you name would be on display for at least 20 years, and we are coming pretty close the 20th anniversary of when the last one was sold.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The agreement for these is that you name would be on display for at least 20 years, and we are coming pretty close the 20th anniversary of when the last one was sold.

That would be June 16th, 2027 not 2017 :( The terms state that “the sculpture may be replaced or relocated within Walt Disney World at any time, and that the image may be permanently removed on or after the 20th anniversary of its installation.”

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
That would be June 16th, 2027 not 2017 :( The terms state that “the sculpture may be replaced or relocated within Walt Disney World at any time, and that the image may be permanently removed on or after the 20th anniversary of its installation.”

You are correct, I didn't realize they were sold into the 2000's, so further away then I thought. But as you say, they can move the names somewhere else.

OvertheHorizon

I have a great idea for the "Leave a Legacy" monuments:

Keep them in Epcot and place them at the entry to a NEW Legacy Pavilion. That pavilion would be a walk-through experience, and filled with exhibits/videos from former attractions at Epcot. Imagine being able to walk past a mock-up of the desert farm from Horizons and smell the oranges again, or to walk past Horizons' Omnimax movie (once at the core of that attraction), see the creative wall from the original Imaginations which changed colors, walk past mock-ups of a couple of the vignettes from World of Motion, or watch the Veggies and Fruits do their stuff from Kitchen Kabaret. Wouldn't it be great to board hydrolators once again and see that opening movie from The Living Seas, or pass through that rainbow light corridor that was once a part of Imagination. The opportunity for videos from attractions would be limitless - we could continue to see Ellen, Bill Nye and Alex Trebek, and watch HD presentations from other former shows. In addition, the pavilion could include models from the original Epcot Center designs. In short, a great place to spend a few hours and relive memories of the Epcot we all loved.

Rob562

You are correct, I didn't realize they were sold into the 2000's, so further away then I thought. But as you say, they can move the names somewhere else.

They were installed until the Millennium Celebration, which started in 1999...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom