Entertainment News

mattpeto

So MNSSHP starts in June this year?

Joking, of course.
You’d think Villains After Hours would be back before MNSSHP, but looks like they decided to create and budget the new Epcot AH party instead. Sure that costs less to run (no entertainment)and they maybe they don’t want to cut any MK hours in the summer.

Disone

Nope, neither is the Pixar orchestra which was the only good thing to come out of Pixar Pier (other than the cute little AA of Luxor!).

But citizens and five and dime are still 2 more entertainment options than we have at the entrance / Hollywood area of DHS. (Which is 0).
Bummer about the Newsies.... If not by now then probably not ever and they were my favorite. I always made it a point to find out when their shows were and to take time to watch them. Usually more than once in every trip that I went to Disneyland resort. But also correct on them having two more than DHS and it's big count of zero. Sigh. I am going to go sulk in the corner now.

gerarar

Premium Member
But citizens and five and dime are still 2 more entertainment options than we have at the entrance / Hollywood area of DHS. (Which is 0).
It seems like they directed (some of) the budgets for it to random character encounters/sightings. Like for example Stitch can be spotted on a balcony waving to guests throughout the day and at night when guests leave. Donald and Daisy could be spotted playing, having a picnic, dancing, etc. in the area near the Chinese Theater. Goofy and Max could be spotted spooking guests in the ToT queue. Frozone and Edna (used to) were spotted also near the Chinese Theater.

These were things I don't recall occurring before the 2020 closures, afaik.

TrainsOfDisney

It seems like they directed (some of) the budgets for it to random character encounters/sightings. Like for example Stitch can be spotted on a balcony waving to guests throughout the day and at night when guests leave. Donald and Daisy could be spotted playing, having a picnic, dancing, etc. in the area near the Chinese Theater. Goofy and Max could be spotted spooking guests in the ToT queue. Frozone and Edna (used to) were spotted also near the Chinese Theater.

These were things I don't recall occurring before the 2020 closures, afaik.
Well…. There is a lack of characters at WDW parks compared to DL as well.

I don’t think characters and live entertainment share a budget but I’m not entirely sure.

mm52200

Nope, neither is the Pixar orchestra which was the only good thing to come out of Pixar Pier (other than the cute little AA of Luxor!).

The Newsies and Pixar orchestra shows at DCA were closed pre pandemic so those offerings haven’t returned purely for that reason. Nothing pandemic related.

Comped

I don’t think characters and live entertainment share a budget but I’m not entirely sure.
Not in a couple of decades, as far as I know. That ended with Walt Disney Entertainment's reorganization in 2001, or so I'm pretty sure. And they only had control of characters for maybe 10-20 years - before that they were separate as well (fairly sure, sources from the early decade or so of Disneyland are hard to find, and that even extends to opening years of MK).

DCBaker

Premium Member
Walt Disney World has a new casting call out for a Bruno Character Look-ALike.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 2.39.34 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom