Entertainment News

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Meet and greets return to the Imagination pavilion and Mexico at EPCOT​

Mexico_Full_46116.jpg

CaptainAmerica

I'd love to hear from people who are into this whole "meet and greet but no touching" thing. We've never been a HUGE M&G family, but there were always a handful that my kids liked to do. That said, neither they nor I see any appeal to them while social distancing is being enforced. Yet Disney seems to have this in front of other priorities on the timeline, so it must be appealing to someone out there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'd love to hear from people who are into this whole "meet and greet but no touching" thing. We've never been a HUGE M&G family, but there were always a handful that my kids liked to do. That said, neither they nor I see any appeal to them while social distancing is being enforced. Yet Disney seems to have this in front of other priorities on the timeline, so it must be appealing to someone out there.
They all have a line if that means anything.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
No doubt, this isn't me saying "what the heck, nobody wants this." It's me saying "wow, everyone seems to want this, what am I missing?"
I think it is really just a case of people going with what is on offer. Lots of families want to see characters, and these modified meet and greets are as good as it gets right now. Families with young kids who are just at the right age are also probably recognizing that the window to do these is small, and they can't wait around for however long it takes for the full experience to come back.

Then there are also those that actually prefer the slight distance. Lots of kids are scared to go up to a giant mouse, but they can handle walking up to a barrier.

dreday3

I think it is really just a case of people going with what is on offer. Lots of families want to see characters, and these modified meet and greets are as good as it gets right now. Families with young kids who are just at the right age are also probably recognizing that the window to do these is small, and they can't wait around for however long it takes for the full experience to come back.

Then there are also those that actually prefer the slight distance. Lots of kids are scared to go up to a giant mouse, but they can handle walking up to a barrier.

I don't even have kids and that just made me sad. :(

tpoly88

I don't even have kids and that just made me sad. :(
yes it does. My wife and i were there the other weekend and they had Winne the pooh 100 yards away from anyone back by the trees waving... you think they could design those character costumes to be like hazmat suits!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom