Entertainment cuts

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I have nothing to do with it.

You're the one ignoring the reality of how much more successful the business is now than twenty or thirty years ago, in a vain attempt to rationalize trying to present your own dissatisfaction as something more important than it is. Who's being ignorant?
When did I ever say TWDC wasn’t successful? Please, do try to keep up as you’re tossing insults around. But, when you have precious little else....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Kudos for a reasonable response to the news amid all the inanely self-ratifying nonsense that others disappointed have posted.

So basically you're looking in the mirror?

How about you give up with the personal insults? Coming from someone who disagrees with me means that they just look like a desperate attempt to have something to say despite not actually having a legitimate response to what I posted.

Funny I see people trolling a message board in a desperate attempt to be noticed.

Hint: Insiders can give you insight into what the status of work in progress. They can't tell you anything about what anyone else is feeling and any who claim to are just messing with you.

One would hope folks would want to aspire to something better than a vapid echo chamber.
Yes, it’s called discussion. Only when the tone doesn’t reflect your point of view does it becomes “putrid,” or an “echo chamber.” Convenient that....

VaderTron

Funny I see people trolling a message board in a desperate attempt to be noticed.

WOW. Just wow. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...Your hypocrisy is only outmatched by your hubris.

The troll has awakened from his den. Beware everyone. If you have shared an opinion it's about to get attacked. Best not to answer back unless you want to see hundreds more nonsensical posts.

Lilofan

WOW. Just wow. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...Your hypocrisy is only outmatched by your hubris.

The troll has awakened from his den. Beware everyone. If you have shared an opinion it's about to get attacked. Best not to answer back unless you want to see hundreds more nonsensical posts.
Free speech. Get used to it.

smile

Free speech. Get used to it.

giphy.gif

Kingtut

The entire land is a mess. That ride and it's stunningly bad upkeep are just the worst offender. Like I said, it would barely make the grade at a Six Flags park.

Also, it's not about what I or anyone else specifically enjoys. It's a land and a ride that simply do not live up to Disney's Legacy.

This is your fundamental misunderstanding. And you persist with it past all reason.

Kid's love cardboard boxes. They simply adore them. Should there be a cardboard box land at Epcot? After all, kids will enjoy it. Surveys say, kids like cardboard boxes after all.
Disney could sell a cardboard box that follows you home! Kids would love it.

Another original idea from a failing mind.....

TrainsOfDisney

For those who haven’t been following the Disneyland thread... they have announced a replacement for Golden Horseshoe entertainment. A roving magician and a dueling piano show. The piano players will be cast members, and at least one of the magicians is a former WDW cast member.

I liked the current horseshoe show, but I know I will like both of these offerings as well.

There are still many things that have gotten cut and not replaced entertainment wise in California and I somewhat wonder if this wasn’t a last minute reaction to complaints... not like hiring a magician and some piano players requires a whole lot of planning as compared to something like the muppets.

TDogg76

I did enjoy the Muppet show but the three times I watched it there were small crowds (and I always go during the busy seasons). Maybe having little seating options came into play with the small crowds. I also feel that the show was never planned to be permanent. Just something to place into LS when the HoP was down for an extended period of time. Still sad to see it go! I thought it was very well done and themed nicely!

Disneyson

The interesting thing to think about is that usually, these cuts correlate to an end of a fiscal year, and when entertainment gets their new budget in the next section of the year, they usually put new events on — the “Summer Magic” that attracts guests to less populated areas of the park.

I’ll be looking for a blog post either sometime in November or after the Christmas season. The new shows will likely feature cast from MISI, Majesty, Muppets, and the Incredibles... and have they cut the Hakuna Matata Dance Party yet? So, subtract about 25% of the cast... I’d say the new entertainment offerings will have about 15-20 CMs, with one or two equity roles.

If I had to stab a guess, the bulk will go to SW:GE, especially the cut puppeteers and stilt walkers in order to make for tall aliens and articulated costumes. I imagine some of the equity cast will be placed as residents of Discovery Island for Christmas, and four of the equity paychecks will probably go for hazard pay for the jet ski riders in the new fireworks show. Something small will probably go into Animal Kingdom, like a Jungle Book Amazing Hindi Dance Party... or something... which will probably tout the fact that we get some re-used costumes from Rivers of Light and the previously cut Jungle Book Greeting.

Lilofan

Everyone needs to pray Disney+ is successful. Disney essentially bet the company on this upcoming product. The amount of debt accumulation over the last 2 years is staggering. $80B in liabilities, $44B due over the next year & a measly $6B in cash reserve LOL - Expect a massive liquidation sale in the not too distant future if Disney+ fails. The freakout over SWGE is real! It was suppose to drive a lot more $$$. Pressure is on Disney+ now.

The suits in Burbank really screwed the pooch on this one.
Iger and his lieutenants will figure out a way to get the debt down. If not they are going to cash out with a lot of shareholders to follow.

Sonconato

We just got back from spending another night watching Burudika and the dancers and as usual, they drew a huge crowd. Everybody was super happy and enjoyed participating in dancing! One family said they were having way too much fun and were overjoyed! It's so very hard to understand how anybody that has a functioning brain could make a decision to cut this fantastic group that creates such an energetic atmosphere as Burudika does. It just doesn't make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom