Enchanted Tiki Room?!

isuanastasia

Original Poster
Is this place an actual ride or is it a show? I vaguely remember walking by it...I think...and it was during a storm? I could be mistaken. So what exactly is the tiki room and is it worth seeing? And is this around the area where I here that the infamous Dole Whips are sold? I want to get one when I go there in three weeks!

PoohBear119

It is a show that uses annimatronic birds that sing (Iago and ZaZu are the two mains). I think it is worth seeing at least once if you have not seen it. Also a nice place to take a break and sit down for while. And yes it is near the dole whips, Jungle Cruise and PoTC.

Fun2BFree

The original was a true Walt classic and the Disneyland incarnation was the first attraction to use AAs. While the original is still at Disneyland, MK's one got refurbished into Under New Management, an updated show that ruined the spirit of the original by inserting movie characters, parodying the previous show (by calling it boring) and using rap music and other nonsensical genres instead of relaxing tropical music.

Avoid at all costs unless it's raining heavily, or you need AC and don't want to walk down the road to Pirates.

aladdin2007

yeah that red eyed demon that comes up in the middle needs to go!!! Along with the outdated music. I really hope its restored back to the original for the 40th anniversary, but I doubt they will do it. Upper management at WDW doesnt have much sentimental values and views I dont think like Disneyland has.

jbulkley78

I think "avoid it at all costs" is a bit silly. See it and form your own opinion. I personally think it's very good, I like it much better than the original which I found terribly boring.

EPCOT Explorer

The original was a true Walt classic and the Disneyland incarnation was the first attraction to use AAs. While the original is still at Disneyland, MK's one got refurbished into Under New Management, an updated show that ruined the spirit of the original by inserting movie characters, parodying the previous show (by calling it boring) and using rap music and other nonsensical genres instead of relaxing tropical music.

Avoid at all costs unless it's raining heavily, or you need AC and don't want to walk down the road to Pirates.

Point blank correct.

its an ideal place to show kids where they will go if they are naughty

That's IASW.:king:

cptwife80

I agree with you 100%. After they destroyed it with the new birds the show is not worth the time. I loved the classic one and now that it has changed I will never go back in. Why can't they just leave the classics alone? :shrug:

Philo

I didn't realise the disneyland version was the original - glad to hear it as I'll be there next year. I never really liked Under New Management

Spike-in-Berlin

Everything important you could write about was already written by Fun2Bfree.
A ruined classic with the most annoying and obnoxious Disney-character EVER shown in a show. I loved the Tiki-Room until they took the Tiki out of it.
Go there and complain to the CMs about the "new management". I did.

Expo_Seeker40

I always find it interesting that whenever I go in the enchanted tiki room under new management(yes I know, I still go in there :drevil:) that the people I find enjoying it, are usually little kids (except for the ones that are scared like crap), and women particularly in their 30s or 40s wearing mickey mouse ears and oversized swearshirts who are bee-bopping and jibbity jopping to the bopping of the groove to the tiki room.

It seems they (these women) are the ones that are obsessed with disney magic and "oh my gawd how can you say there's something wrong with disney, they can't do anything wrong it's soooo magical *giggle*" it seems they are the ones that enjoy the show, and I also find the fanboys wearing their EPCOT Center shirts look disgusted, as do men, and teenagers who roll their eyes and are thinking "Like OMFG my bff Jill and I have better things to do than watch this show"

:rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

Right...

*Checks Dubbz' meds* :lookaroun
What meds?

*freaks out*
I always find it interesting that whenever I go in the enchanted tiki room under new management(yes I know, I still go in there :drevil:) that the people I find enjoying it, are usually little kids (except for the ones that are scared like crap), and women particularly in their 30s or 40s wearing mickey mouse ears and oversized swearshirts who are bee-bopping and jibbity jopping to the bopping of the groove to the tiki room.

It seems they (these women) are the ones that are obsessed with disney magic and "oh my gawd how can you say there's something wrong with disney, they can't do anything wrong it's soooo magical *giggle*" it seems they are the ones that enjoy the show, and I also find the fanboys wearing their EPCOT Center shirts look disgusted, as do men, and teenagers who roll their eyes and are thinking "Like OMFG my bff Jill and I have better things to do than watch this show"

:rolleyes:
:lol:

*Hides EPCOT Center shirt*

Expo_Seeker40

but its true!!!! and then they leave and go ride pirates of the commercializedbean and then its the teenage girls who are drooling and texting their bff Jill and saying "LIKE OMG JILL I'M GOING TO TAG YOU IN 50 FACEBOOK PHOTOS WITH JOHNNY DEPP" while the guys are like "YEAH PIRATES AND FIRE!!!" and the fanboys are like "YEAH AWESOME NEW EFFECTS.......WAIT .....THEY TOOK OUT THE TREASURE ROOM?!!!!" while the kids are once again scared

what made the magic kingdom special and old school disney was the variety of character and non character interactions and experiences guests were offered

it wasn't the polyester, the mediocre costumes, simple fireworks, or parades, or noisy projections for "if you had wings", it was being placed into unique and different experiences, and not being bombarded with riding a prequel or sequel to a movie you just saw, bought to watch, and have merchandise for.

"but that's what people want, thats why they come there....to see rides based on their favorite movies."

are we sure, or will they come no matter what, even if they were still more unique rides than character based?

"no, because attendance saw a drop in the late 70s early 80s and EPCOT Center proved to be dismal"

and alot had to do with the energy crisis, and none of the "EPCOT Center was doomed" folks have ever been able to provide any evidence that the park had horrible attendance after the early 80s, when evidence provided here a few years ago showed that, while people found it boring, they still came to see what it was, and since many only go to WDW once, maybe two or three times in their life, EPCOT Center still got more attendance even with MGM open, and even in the mid 1990s with tower of terror open, and still in 1998 and 1999 with Islands of Adventure Open

oh my I was on a rant.......

now multiple generations are spoon-fed into thinking disney is nothing more than kids stuff and movie characters

there is no room to sit at the tahitian terrace for a polynesian dinner, no time to see the swiss family treehouse, every land must have a movie reference, and every store in that land must as well

and yet we saw that disneyland by refurbing their tiki room with new 21st century technology still gets people in, and even more people in, same thing with disney world's small world 2005 refurb and HM 07 refurb

it doesn't have to be obnoxious to get people to come back to see it or gain new interest, and it certainly is a nice breathe of fresh air from woody, buzz, stitch, and cinderella
oy vey :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom