Enchanted Tiki Room?!

DisneyNut2007

From Imagineer Kevin Rafferty who helped create "new management"

"Some guests really really like it"
*yes, sweatshirt moms, and some kids*

"and some guests don't like the change at all"
*Merf, Expo, Epcot Explorer, and any other 1970s polyester record playing rewind the clock streotyped fanboys

"but you know, Walt Disney...himself....I wonder, if he were still alive today"
*OH BOY GUESS WHERE THIS IS GOING....

"if the original tiki show were going on exactly as it was in 1963."
*the one in Disneyland hasn't quite gone on exactly as it was in 1963, and this is more than just the removal of the offenbauch number

"walt was all about change"
*change for the sake of change?, change for exploitation?, change for commercialization?, or change to come up with new concepts and ideas especially in WDW when "there's enough land here.......?"

"he was all about telling new stories."
*Yes he was, so much that he came up with new rides and shows that had very little to do with the movie you saw in the theater, film or video you purchased, item you bought in the giftshop, character you saw outside, the one you saw in the parade, or the select FEW that already had their own ride

"you know when you consider......the first 8 years tomorrowland was open there were many many changes"
*yes....a mound of dirt became the matterhorn, the old skyway buckets became new ones, the viewliner and phantom boats become submarine voyage with sexy mermaids, a stage became space mountain *based from when walt was alive and john hench did the space port proposal*, the 20k exhibit and pots of plants become hall of chemistry and later adventure thru inner space, the peoplemover and rocket jets came about, and circlevision was an improvement over circarama,etc

with the exception of a goofy and mickey mouse space costume walk around characters in the 70s, it seems tomorowland was doing fine without alot of other movie refreneces, though star tours was a nice addition that even fanboys will agree on

"and um, these wonderful new films came along, these new stories, aladdin and the lion king with some amazing new characters, and we had the cast of new disney birds and we had this marriage made in heaven were the new birds meet the old birds and the feathers fly and the flowers croon, and everybody lives happily every after"

I can see it right now "Hey Mr. Disney, since folks loved Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty, why not make a few sequals or even a Princess Party movie we could do where the Princesses all get together?"

"Are you serious Kevin? Those two movies in and of themselves are succesful and famous and precious as they are. I have enough projects ahead of us such as taking a boat ride into the days of pirates and wenches, a haunted mansion, a theater that can revolve around a stage, a rollercoaster ride in the dark, a show where guests can actually see my hero Abraham Lincoln talk in "person", I'm trying to come up with some new parades, and Monsanto wants us to work on a ride that takes you into a Micrscope, and you want me to have my staff spend time and fall back on an already succesful idea and do something I already did when we have years and years ahead to create new rides, experiences, and shows so people can enter new stories and destinations without constantly falling back on the same characters over and over again?!"

Hey! Be nicer to Kevin Rafferty! He's a great and very talented guy, you know! And he IS right! :mad:

Also, Disney has every right to poke fun at themselves! Everyone else takes stabs at Disney constantly, so Disney taking some time out to laugh at themselves is basically a requirement.

The old version had a timeless element to it, like watching a good movie.
Yeah the cars are old in the movie, but the story, writing, acting, directing and music are great.

WDW's is now a "straight to video" version.

Talk about an unfair comparison... :mad:

KingStefan

Hey! Be nicer to Kevin Rafferty! He's a great and very talented guy, you know! And he IS right! :mad:

Also, Disney has every right to poke fun at themselves! Everyone else takes stabs at Disney constantly, so Disney taking some time out to laugh at themselves is basically a requirement.

That's true - that is a positive aspect to this version!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom