News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

doctornick

The train can't be used for any kind of expansion that will attract more people. They absolutely have to have walking access for any expansion.

If/when they do expand up there, it's more likely the train is removed entirely (I think insiders have even pointed this out).
Or the train could be complimented by a substantial walking path to said expanded areas (and Rafiki’s) so it wouldn’t have to transport everyone.

MrPromey

These forums are powered by hyperbole.
... and passion

tenor.gif

UNCgolf

Or the train could be complimented by a substantial walking path to said expanded areas (and Rafiki’s) so it wouldn’t have to transport everyone.

That's what I've said before, but at least one insider here (don't remember who) said they had potential plans to remove it entirely so that they can use some of that space for other things.

WaltWiz1901

We don't have to have everything the same at WDW and DL. Encanto at least looks new and fresh.
Word.

It's inevitable that there would be at least some overlap between the resorts, and I'm not against that at all, but as I said numerous pages back, clones of pre-existing attractions shouldn't be the only "new" attractions added to a park whenever it comes time to expand or fill in underutilized space. Bring on the uniquity

eddie104

I guess I'm the only one who is just tired of Indy? Like, maybe 20 years ago, but putting it in now is just lazy to me. We don't have to have everything the same at WDW and DL. Encanto at least looks new and fresh.
That’s what a lot of people fail to realize and it leads to these ridiculous competitions between the resorts.

We need to appreciate what each coast brings to the table in terms of experiences, food and other miscellaneous novelties.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

While I think the new Frozen ride in Tokyo looks spectacular, I have major issues with the boat just….floating through the hallways of the palace….huge waterfall elevation changes in the middle of a land based structure….not great, imho.

This is what worries me the most with an Encanto boat ride.

peter11435

While I think the new Frozen ride in Tokyo looks spectacular, I have major issues with the boat just….floating through the hallways of the palace….huge waterfall elevation changes in the middle of a land based structure….not great, imho.

This is what worries me the most with an Encanto boat ride.
In the context of the rides story you’re never physically riding through the castle.

Haymarket2008

Essentially, yes.

The Trolls are retelling the story of Anna and Elsa, and through Grand Pabbie's magic it appears to unfold around you.

Interesting. I can glean that from watching footage again. I’m not sure how well it holds up conceptually though.

Seeing this scary waterfall flooding the halls of the castle though is positively garish:

Attachments

• IMG_4698.png
    IMG_4698.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 97

yensidtlaw1969

Interesting. I can glean that from watching footage again. I’m not sure how well it holds up conceptually though.

Seeing this scary waterfall flooding the halls of the castle though is positively garish:
I agree that it's sort of weird. Feels like stretching the concept to the limit in the name of justifying its placement in Fantasy Springs. That they sort of try to wave it away within the story suggests the choice of ride system is a liability to be excused rather than an asset to be embraced.

I can't help but think that there was an interesting opportunity within the Frozen IP to offer TDL a port or attraction that offered an experience of the, *ahem*, frozen parts of the sea which aren't yet on display in the park. Riding across a frozen fjord on a sleigh would still have fit for TDS, been different from yet another boat ride, and could serve the Frozen narrative by moving more naturally through both outdoor and indoor locations without the need for rivers that seem to run through buildings that have no rivers in them (even if they're not literally, actually running through the buildings).

eddie104

I agree that it's sort of weird. Feels like stretching the concept to the limit in the name of justifying its placement in Fantasy Springs. That they sort of try to wave it away within the story suggests the choice of ride system is a liability to be excused rather than an asset to be embraced.

I can't help but think that there was an interesting opportunity within the Frozen IP to offer TDL a port or attraction that offered an experience of the, *ahem*, frozen parts of the sea which aren't yet on display in the park. Riding across a frozen fjord on a sleigh would still have fit for TDS, been different from yet another boat ride, and could serve the Frozen narrative by moving more naturally through both outdoor and indoor locations without the need for rivers that seem to run through buildings that have no rivers in them (even if they're not literally, actually running through the buildings).
Nobody talks about how technically Fantasy Springs is out of place in DisneySea and actually belongs at their castle park.

SplashJacket

I don’t think a boat ride is a bad choice honestly. Water provides good kinetics.

I just think the first scenes (memory scene, do you want to build a snowman, Anna in the halls, and the coronation scenes are sloppy and should’ve been cut.

Otherwise, I think the other moments are exceptional. They also should’ve cut out Hans entirely, he’s a twist villain, not a real villain, and you can’t capture a twist in a ride.

With the money from the cut scenes, they should’ve upgraded the final backwards drop/icy ship scene to be more Shanghai POTC ship scale, and added a scene after the trolls and changed the love is an open door scene to be Anna singing about the gates opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom