News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

McMickeyWorld

Yes it would. This is a perfect idea! Easy retrofit with enough space for a M&G and shop.

A furries film festival. lol

That would be fun to incorporate. Do the seats currently feature a binaural speaker system? I haven't set foot in there since the days of Sounds Dangerous. Always seemed a waste of a building and time on our visits.

Quick someone get Mickey on the phone! Let's get this hail mary pitch a-rolling!
Furry?
07803b29ccacff662b7c98a37d27451e.jpg

Advisable Joseph

but I guess they could use it to educate about different habitats and how animals evolve to live in different environments...
That was pretty much the original blue sky idea. This is the first panel, with Moana:

I'd have to track down the more recent panel, but think more Ranger Rick than DuckTales.

The idea that it will be a book report attraction, or that you would need to see the movie first, is just an expression of frustration, I think.

Hey, at least Zootopians can strip, walk on all fours and look somewhat like their real counterparts, to an original Lion King degree, unlike A Bug's Life characters who often don't even have the correct number of limbs :p.

Advisable Joseph

doctornick

Late night musings about the Tree of Life:
If Disney gutted the Bugs theater space, could it fit a flat ride like the Poppins attraction?
I think having a teacup-esque ride through various biomes using projection mapping might be a better use for the space than another 3-D show.

IMHO continuous running shows (whether 4D movies or AA performances) are key parts of Disney parks by allowing for attractions you can do with smaller waits. ITTBAB is the only one of that sort in DAK and is way more beneficial than a flat ride that would have limited capacity. Its one of the things that makes MK so much easier to tour since every land there has a show you can easily jump into if lines are too long or you have limited time before a dinner reservation or you just want to get out of the sun/rain.

IMHO WDW needs more continuously running shows. DHS in particular could really benefit from them (as opposed to the live performance/fewer per day shows that it is heavy on, though it does have Muppets). But honestly some type of show like that would be useful in other parts of DAK too; in particular, it's the type of thing that would make Pandora work better.

PREMiERdrum

News this morning.

Approved, funded, and moving forward for AK:

- Conversion of Dinosaur to Indy. New storyline, ties will to AK.
- Encanto boat ride. Nothing firm on story, assuming the animal angle will be played up via Antonio.
- Coco-inspired carousel roughly on The Boneyard site. Should be visually stunning in Mexican folk art style, will add nice kinesis to the area.
- Small animal habitats scattered throughout gardens that bridge Encanto's facade to the town square hub.
- Re-theme and expansion of Restaurantosaurus, expecting somewhat-Americanized take on Mexican and Central American fare.
- Expecting minimal changes to the current Chester & Hesters shop, restroom facilities, and walk-up food options.
- Transition of the land will happen at the current Dinoland bridge to the west and after the Theater in the Wild to the east.
- No operational impacts to the Nemo show are expected.
- Access to the Theater in the Wild and the southern amphitheater will remain unobstructed.
- Work timeline will be staggered, but I'm still working for clarity. Earlier info suggested that work would start offstage first in the old PW site, keeping Dinosaur open for the first phase of construction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would have no problem with a boat ride for Encanto (I'm assuming something on the level of POTC/IASW) but seems lie an odd choice for the property. Especially if the conceit is that we are touring the casita itself.
Yeah, even tho some would think LPS 'trackless' rides are overused, it would have been perfect for a Mystic-Manor-like set up.

But if its more like Shanghai PotC and less like NRJ, that'd be fine.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
News this morning.

- Encanto boat ride. Nothing firm on story, assuming the animal angle will be played up via Antonio.
- Coco-inspired carousel roughly on The Boneyard site. Should be visually stunning in Mexican folk art style, will add nice kinesis to the area.
- Small animal habitats scattered throughout gardens that bridge Encanto's facade to the town square hub.
- Re-theme and expansion of Restaurantosaurus, expecting somewhat-Americanized take on Mexican and Central American fare.
- Expecting minimal changes to the current Chester & Hesters shop, restroom facilities, and walk-up food options.
- Transition of the land will happen at the current Dinoland bridge to the west and after the Theater in the Wild to the east.
- Access to the Theater in the Wild and the southern amphitheater will remain unobstructed.
- Work timeline will be staggered, but I'm still working for clarity. Earlier info suggested that work would start offstage first in the old PW site, keeping Dinosaur open for the first phase of construction.
@Moth Some updates for the Rumor Tracker!

PREMiERdrum

AFAIK, yes. Insiders were saying "dark ride" which could be many things.
That's how it has been classified thus far. I don't think that the plan has changed, I just think that the "Dark Ride" designation didn't mention the conveyance.

FWIW anyone I've talked to is tightlipped on the particular mechanics beyond "boat/water," so there are several different ways this could go. We should know in 4 months... hopefully.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's how it has been classified thus far. I don't think that the plan has changed, I just think that the "Dark Ride" designation didn't mention the conveyance.

FWIW anyone I've talked to is tightlipped on the particular mechanics beyond "boat/water," so there are several different ways this could go. We should know in 4 months... hopefully.

And if the LK ride is also a boat... that's a lot of boats.

Like adding a Moana boat ride next to JC and PotC.

boatsboatsboatsboatsboatsboats

ChewbaccaYourMum

News this morning.

WOW, what a news dump!

I'm very optimistic and excited for this. Could be because Indiana Jones is my favorite movie character of all time...

The confirmation of animal habitats throughout is awesome to hear!

Andrew25

Would imagine Dinosaur won't be touched until October 1st once Disney "frees" up cash... which means we should get a Dinosaur closure prior to D23 to give fans a decent amount of time to enjoy it prior to closure?

McMickeyWorld

News this morning.

I can't imagine what a boat ride for Encanto would be like; I feel like it would fit perfectly into the design of Mystic Manor. Now I'm more intrigued and the plot; I suspect we'll have to help Antonio search for his animals. I don't expect something very deep, to be honest. I like the idea that the Casita's gardens are enclosures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom