News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Captain Barbossa

If they go with Indy for Dinosaur, I hope it’s not an exact copy of Disneyland. I get the ride system will be, but fingers crossed for a new/different story and effects/elements……..but I know even that is a long shot with today’s standards/status of WDI.

Surferboy567

If they go with Indy for Dinosaur, I hope it’s not an exact copy of Disneyland. I get the ride system will be, but fingers crossed for a new/different story and effects/elements……..but I know even that is a long shot with today’s standards/status of WDI.
The long running rumor I heard (I can’t remember where I heard it) was that it was an entirely new “not cheap” attraction.

gerarar

Premium Member

Really sad about this. However am glad I got to have some closure and say my goodbyes this past October.
Was always one of my favorite rides at WDW since a child. Rode it 30+ times over my five day trip.

Right...left...right...left..
1000006305.jpg

AK deserves some true "expansions" and capacity increases. Not a retheme to a unique ride.

Last edited:

J4546

I too love dinosaurs (not the IP but DInosaurs in general) and am sad to see the land go but right now if you like Dinosaurs Universals IoA is hard to beat cause they got 2 good major attractions, a couple small ones, and a bunch of cool stuff to see walking around.

I will also say I am optimistic about the changes and like the concept art a lot.

FigmentJedi

The long running rumor I heard (I can’t remember where I heard it) was that it was an entirely new “not cheap” attraction.
This is the one time I wish they'd go the cheap route and just have a "Indiana Jones vs Dinosaurs" ride that actually fills in the dark spaces with foliage.

Brer Oswald

Isn’t there a possibility it’s not the same plans from last D23 in September. Things could’ve slightly changed and they could’ve went with the Moana plans instead… or something else entirely.
I’d hope something else entirely cause the two concepts they’ve shown look bland and terrible, without adding much capacity to the park.

Dizknee_Phreek

While I agree Dinoland USA needs serious attention and while I love the Indy attraction at DL, I don't love these Blue Sky plans. Out of alllll the animal related IP they have, Indiana Jones and Encanto is what they go with? Or Moana? NONE of the plans they've currently shown us have enough tie-in to AK. But I know that is, sadly, how modern Disney operates. Cohesive theming? What's that? 🙄
Personally what I'd love to see is an Australian outback area here, since that region isn't represented in any park. Keep the Dinosaur ride system and turn it into a jeep driving you on a nighttime adventure through the outback. Need an IP tie-in? Rescuers Down Under would be a perfect fit (it's probably not current enough to even be considered...but still, if Disney just HAS to have an IP, it writes itself). The look of Restaurantosaurus and Chester and Hester's wouldn't even have to change that much. It would be cool and different, imo, and would allow them to bring in some new animals.

FigmentJedi

I too love dinosaurs (not the IP but DInosaurs in general) and am sad to see the land go but right now if you like Dinosaurs Universals IoA is hard to beat cause they got 2 good major attractions, a couple small ones, and a bunch of cool stuff to see walking around.

I will also say I am optimistic about the changes and like the concept art a lot.
"We can't compete with Jurassic Park, let's just give up on making anything else with dinosaurs and let Universal have a monopoly on them" thinking has been a plague on Hollywood. Like I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to take the Simpsons bit seriously.

Cmdr_Crimson

"We can't compete with Jurassic Park, let's just give up on making anything else with dinosaurs and let Universal have a monopoly on them" thinking has been a plague on Hollywood. Like I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to take the Simpsons bit seriously.

Hey, when they found out that the Velociraptor encounter was doing well out at Universal. Disney too wanted a piece of the Raptor pie when they had a land roaming Raptor named ...Val for some reason..And it was the same branded costume Universal was first using but painted differently before they upgraded their versions..
Disney version.
DaIzGq3UwAAsYzs.jpg

Universal version
image-jpg.93879

KDM31091

It seems absolutely ridiculous to me to remove dinosaurs entirely from the park, when it is one of the cornerstones of the park. Disney doesn't care about thematic integrity anymore. It's just whatever they think will sell more merch at the end of the day, and Encanto is a currently popular IP, so throw it in...

Hopefully, they have decided on something else and even more hopefully, this is an actual addition to the park and not just a retheme that doesn't add capacity. I don't know why Disney is always so intent on replacing and not adding new attractions.

Was looking forward to riding Dinosaur one last time during our late April/early May trip. May not get that chance now.
I feel like you will be able to then. More than likely at least some amount of notice will be given before it closes, and I also feel like they will close Dinoland in phases if that is what they have decided they are doing. The DinoRama area would require full demolition, whereas the Dinosaur ride is a retheme of an existing system, so IMO they would probably close the carnival area first, clear it, and close Dinosaur later. Of course, I could be wrong. The park really can't afford to lose the entirety of Dinoland at once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom