News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

SpectreJordan

If they're going all in on Tropical Americas it'd be nice if they included Paradise Falls from Pixar's UP. Plus it can tie-in with the dinosaur angle.
It's crazy that Up isn't being considered for this yet. They already use that movie in the park with the walk around Kevin. Up is still really popular & has a conservation message too.
Just saw a video of Shanghai's Zootopia Land. We need it here. It's gorgeous, and the "Hot Pursuit" ride looks awesome. Even the merch is awesome. Nuts to Indiana Jones (it's dead) and Encanto (the kid who can talk to animals is no justification for an otherwise-irrelevant ride to be built in AK). Zootopia would be a great fit in AK. AK was supposed to be about real animals and fantasy animals. If we can't have dragons and unicorns, then Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde will do just fine. Won't happen, of course. That would cost money that the American Disney parks never get unless it's aimed at one of Iger's acquisitions. Frustrating.
The Zootopia land looks fantastic but it doesn't belong in DAK. It would fit the best in DHS anyway, they could really use something like that land.

bmr1591

It's crazy that Up isn't being considered for this yet. They already use that movie in the park with the walk around Kevin. Up is still really popular & has a conservation message too.

The Zootopia land looks fantastic but it doesn't belong in DAK. It would fit the best in DHS anyway, they could really use something like that land.

It does look good, but I'd much rather them not copy a land and bring it over. WDW deserves its own unique land and Hollywood Studios is the perfect backdrop for it. There are so many great ideas of what could be.

The surprising thing to me is that HS seems so neglected. There's talk of expansion at AK and MK and we're about to finish EPCOT (and have already announced the Test Track rework to come), but HS is just there. I understand Galaxy's Edge came out a relatively short time ago as well as Runaway Railway, but they really do need to get plans going for Animation Courtyard besides a revamped stage show.

SpectreJordan

It does look good, but I'd much rather them not copy a land and bring it over. WDW deserves its own unique land and Hollywood Studios is the perfect backdrop for it. There are so many great ideas of what could be.

The surprising thing to me is that HS seems so neglected. There's talk of expansion at AK and MK and we're about to finish EPCOT (and have already announced the Test Track rework to come), but HS is just there. I understand Galaxy's Edge came out a relatively short time ago as well as Runaway Railway, but they really do need to get plans going for Animation Courtyard besides a revamped stage show.
I'd like to see something new too, but I'd also like to visit this Zootopia land & idk if I'll ever be fortunate enough to go to Shanghai. So I'm a bit torn there lol. I do think they could potentially emphasize the glitz & glamour of that city to have it align with Hollywood, that could be a fun twist on it.

But yeah, the neglect for DHS is something else. They seem to think Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story & Mickey is all the park needed; it seemed to help with attendance but everything is so crowded now, they need to address that. New expansions could make DHS an even bigger draw but hopefully it'd spread everyone out too.

JMcMahonEsq

How would zootopia land not be new? There is nothing like it in Orlando, or in North America. Do you honestly think the people visiting WDW every year overlaps the people going to China? It’s the same thinking I never understood about Tron. For all intents and purposes it’s a brand new ride to what, 80-90%+ of WDW visitors?

I also don’t get how anyone could say HS is neglected. I mean looking at total new spends/additions across Florida, HS with Toy Story land, galaxies are edge, and MMRR probably has the highest percentage of recent new additions over the other 3 Florida parks

rd805

How would zootopia land not be new? There is nothing like it in Orlando, or in North America. Do you honestly think the people visiting WDW every year overlaps the people going to China? It’s the same thinking I never understood about Tron. For all intents and purposes it’s a brand new ride to what, 80-90%+ of WDW visitors?

I also don’t get how anyone could say HS is neglected. I mean looking at total new spends/additions across Florida, HS with Toy Story land, galaxies are edge, and MMRR probably has the highest percentage of recent new additions over the other 3 Florida parks

Neglected may not be the best word for HS; but it certainly is lacking attractions. The stage shows have been around forever (like literally since park existence). Bringing back something in the Little Mermaid Theatre is a plus, but it needs another ride or 2 and definitely has space to do it.

bmr1591

Because it's not unique. I'd prefer a unique land you can only find at WDW. It's the Imagineers jobs to come up with creative additions to the parks, not copy and paste. That's lame, imo.

All those lands took over areas that were already in use. They weren't expansions. HS is desperately in need of expansion for the amount of visitors it gets.

UNCgolf

having only ridden BatB via youtube (but i do have experience with rise and MMRR) there's something to be said for tracked vehicles that allow the environments to be up close and personal (mr. toad, HM, pirates). in my opinion the ride vehicles are to blame b/c they are so massive. and then they want them to interact within each vehicle group, and that requires a lot of floor space. poohs hunny hunt gets the scale right and adds interest to its scenes by not having the rooms be so boxy.

I think even Pooh's Hunny Hunt falls victim to the general issue in the Heffalumps and Woozles scene, but it does seem better overall.

Brer Panther

Neglected may not be the best word for HS; but it certainly is lacking attractions. The stage shows have been around forever (like literally since park existence). Bringing back something in the Little Mermaid Theatre is a plus, but it needs another ride or 2 and definitely has space to do it.
How much wasted space is there in that park? Let's see... there's the Beauty and the Beast show, the Frozen Sing-Along, Launch Bay, the Mickey Shorts Theater, what was once PIXAR Place, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, whatever's in the Sounds Dangerous theater... did I forget anything?

maybe a combined toontown with zootopia area in DHS would be cool. mauybe have other characters from cars universe or watever pop in from time to time. Just a massive animation based land to take over animation courtyard building/expansion pad
Toontown is just an awful theme in my opinion. It’s cheap, nasty and will always just look like plastic. It looked terrible in MK during Mickey’s house era, it looked awful in Disneyland and Paris’ studios elements were/are just as bad. Colours fade, and overly rounded shapes look incredibly artificial juxtaposed next to richly themed, emersive environments. I for one, never want to see anything like a toontown ever again. 90s local amusement park/seaside playground is not the theme I’m after. Bubblegum pink, baby blues and yellow can get in the bin.

JMcMahonEsq

Because it's not unique. I'd prefer a unique land you can only find at WDW. It's the Imagineers jobs to come up with creative additions to the parks, not copy and paste. That's lame, imo.

All those lands took over areas that were already in use. They weren't expansions. HS is desperately in need of expansion for the amount of visitors it gets.
What world does that make any sense? WDW comes up with a great and popular idea for a ride/land, and they should restrict it to only one location? Why would a business do that? Especially when 80-90 (and I am being conservative here I believe) of your customers attending US parks are never going to go to China. So you’re making horrible business decisions and drastically reducing the ability of customers to experience great attractions because…..why? So by that reasoning there should only be 1 space mountain? 1 haunted mansion or pirates of the Caribbean? Hell should Mickey only be allowed to appear at one park, and which one should it be?

As to you HS point, who cares? You tried to say HS had been neglected. Spending millions and millions of dollars and creating 2 brand new lands, even if they weren’t on virgin ground is not neglecting a park. If anything it would be more accurate to say over the past several years Hs got the most focus. No other park since Pandora in AK had gotten an entire new land, HS got 2, and a new major attaction in addition to them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom