News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Mr. Sullivan

I thought I had heard that but then more recent posts made it sound like it would be a clone. If it’s a different (ideally localized to Tropical Americas) version, I’ll be much less disappointed—and more likely to trek over to ride it once a trip.
What you may be hearing is people comparing Dino and Indy because they have the same track layout but offer a different experience. We’re also talking about DL’s Indy as a litmus test for the IP’s popularity when placed in a theme park, not insinuating it’ll be the same ride. I can see the confusion though.

Marc Davis Fan

The main thing that makes me optimistic for this is our insiders’ suggestion that it’ll be “plussed” compared to the existing versions.

Since the track layout is essentially the same, I’m wondering if this could also mean one or more compelling pre-shows that make it more of a multi-part experience per the current trend…

C33Mom

The main thing that makes me optimistic for this is our insiders’ suggestion that it’ll be “plussed” compared to the existing versions.

Since the track layout is essentially the same, I’m wondering if this could also mean one or more compelling pre-shows that make it more of a multi-part experience per the current trend…
Maybe unpopular opinion to find it compelling (I love it) but Dinosaur does have a pre-show where they can force people who pay for LL’s to stand through and watch, then queue for another 5-20m after, depending on how the ride is operating. I would be surprised if Disney builds any more D/E tickets without pre shows, because it does help absorb capacity and get people less angry about waiting even after buying LL… I guess they built 7DMT without one and Tron’s is like 30 seconds…but it does get people into that second line.

abaker1975

Hadn't realized there was a suggestion that AK's Indy ride will be "plussed" when compared to DL and DS. It is great news to hear.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The museum setting of the current dino ride would bode well for Indy's "it belongs in a museum" mantra..

I feel like the museum setting of the current queue will need to be more or less gutted and rebuilt. It seems that the plan (based on the artwork) is that you will be entering an Aztec temple in Tropical America and the current aesthetic doesn't align with that at all. It would be nice to see the Exhibit Hall area of the queue (with the Carnosaur skeleton) converted to look like a temple anti-chamber with a collapsed roof (with an artificial [screen based] ceiling designed to make it look like you are looking out into the open sky).

Timothy_Q

It would be nice to see the Exhibit Hall area of the queue (with the Carnosaur skeleton) converted to look like a temple anti-chamber with a collapsed roof (with an artificial [screen based] ceiling designed to make it look like you are looking out into the open sky).
Similar idea in SDL's Soaring queue

1727115724578.png

Is there any chance that some of the Dinosaurs will be featured in the new Indy ride? It wouldn't be much of a stretch if he's already looking for a "mythical beast", and it would save the company money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom