News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
After speaking with Jim Shull, I also believe this is not going to be a trackless ride. Each train of cars should be two connected vehicles. Each vehicle with two rows of three. (So each train will be 12 people.)

On a related note: Does anyone know how long the Kali River Rapids queue length is, in feet?

What's that mean for capacity and wait times when it's opened and slammed? Journey into Imagination "benefits" from both low demand and trains with 2x maximum capacity than the Encanto cars. All else equal, Encanto will have multiples of increased demand but only send off half the people compared to Journey into Imagination?

Toy Story Mania sends off fewer people with each load (8) but has multiple tracks to absorb high demand. Is Encanto only going to have one track?

Test Track also has 2 rows of 3 buy has a single rider line to fill vehicles. But a single rider line for a family ride doesn't seem like it would be as acceptable. Maybe a question for Jim Schull is how Disney decides between single rider queues and even-odd separations and neither.

Or is an anticipated long Encanto line what you're talking with Kali question? 🤔

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member
What's that mean for capacity and wait times when it's opened and slammed? Journey into Imagination "benefits" from both low demand and trains with 2x maximum capacity than the Encanto cars. All else equal, Encanto will have multiples of increased demand but only send off half the people compared to Journey into Imagination?

Toy Story Mania sends off fewer people with each load (8) but has multiple tracks to absorb high demand. Is Encanto only going to have one track?

Test Track also has 2 rows of 3 buy has a single rider line to fill vehicles. But a single rider line for a family ride doesn't seem like it would be as acceptable. Maybe a question for Jim Schull is how Disney decides between single rider queues and even-odd separations and neither.

Or is an anticipated long Encanto line what you're talking with Kali question? 🤔

We can make some assumptions about ride capacity with a bit of math. I think we start with 3 feet/second for ride speed. Give it a week or two.

WorldExplorer

Never knew about this, TIL!

I'm not sure about this one being intentional, but it's a cute idea even if it's accidental. I'll have to look at it in-person tomorrow.

Dinoland is a ridiculously dense cluster of details that go unnoticed. I've been in there a ton and I'm still seeing new things. At this point I'm convinced when it goes away there will be at least one thing in there no one ever saw and only the creator will ever know it existed.

Chester and Hester's Dino-Treasures is the only place in Disney World where, if you linger too long, a cast member might offer you an I Spy game.

Gusey

I'm not sure about this one being intentional, but it's a cute idea even if it's accidental. I'll have to look at it in-person tomorrow.

Dinoland is a ridiculously dense cluster of details that go unnoticed. I've been in there a ton and I'm still seeing new things. At this point I'm convinced when it goes away there will be at least one thing in there no one ever saw and only the creator will ever know it existed.

Chester and Hester's Dino-Treasures is the only place in Disney World where, if you linger too long, a cast member might offer you an I Spy game.
One of my favourites is the Boneyard sign being the same shape as Animal Kingdom's map when the park opened

WorldExplorer

One of my favourites is the Boneyard sign being the same shape as Animal Kingdom's map when the park opened

I didn't know that one! One of my favorites is a water fountain in the Boneyard that's made to look like it's hooked up to a portable water cooler.

1725542626632.png

Purduevian

We can make some assumptions about ride capacity with a bit of math. I think we start with 3 feet/second for ride speed. Give it a week or two.

I'll take a crack at it. Lets say each row is 35" with 5" between each row and 18" between the 2 cars.
Total car length is 75" and each train is 168" or ~14 feet long. Now assuming ~4 train lengths (56') between ride vehicles during show scenes so everyone has their own story. The effective length of the train is now 70' of dedicated track space per train. Assuming 3ft/second a new train can be dispatched every 23.3 seconds. This gives ~154 dispatches per hour. For a 12 person train this gives a theoretical capacity of ~1,851 people per hour.

A ton of assumptions in here, but a high capacity slow moving, 12-person train, with 23 second dedicated show scenes is certainly possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom