News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

SilentWindODoom

I forgot to mention as I focused on the archway to mention how disappointed I am that we're doing the Mansion-style entrance around Casita rather than entering through the front gates. While I expect to travel through it, I really was hoping to walk in and see the whole thing (the inner courtyard, at least) in 1:1 glory as part of the queue. It might happen with an indoor, air-conditioned version, but I doubt it. Probably just going to have the nearby town at night.

_caleb

AK already has the gorillas walk. Hopefully not another walk coming.

That said, it would be neat to walk around in the casita. But ideally as part of the queue before entering Antonio’s door.
This is exactly why I think it should be a walkthrough! In my opinion, walkthroughs are underutilized in the parks (glad to see Moana in Epcot!), and I like the ideas of walkthroughs being an Animal Kingdom thing. I think the casual nature of a go-at-your-own-pace attraction really fits the vibe of the park.

Also, I agree it would be neat to explore the house on our own a bit!

CJR

A Reptile House, with a nice themed South American ruin-esque building would be a wonderful side attraction to the Indy retheme. HELL - make something in the queue!

Snakes don’t need big enclosures. Maybe they can put some in the IJA queue. And some tarantulas (but they’re elsewhere in the park)?

My concern with a queue display has more to do with meal time for the snakes and spiders (not to mention, my DW would leave the queue if she had to stare at a live spider while waiting; maybe that'll qualify for the DAS return to queue option). In a zoo-like reptile house, people can leave at will vs standing in line for a ride.

Maybe it's possible they can cover the displays when an animal is feeding or something. I'm not sure if that's something the currently do or not, right now it's probably easy to feed animals after hours with a 6pm closure.

ToTBellHop

My concern with a queue display has more to do with meal time for the snakes and spiders (not to mention, my DW would leave the queue if she had to stare at a live spider while waiting; maybe that'll qualify for the DAS return to queue option). In a zoo-like reptile house, people can leave at will vs standing in line for a ride.

Maybe it's possible they can cover the displays when an animal is feeding or something. I'm not sure if that's something the currently do or not, right now it's probably easy to feed animals after hours with a 6pm closure.
You’re probably correct about those challenges being an issue. It’s a pity the last CFO left. She would’ve looked out for the snakes’ and tarantulas’ waistlines. No one would be shocked at a snake eating a carrot or a tarantula snacking on lettuce.

bpiper

Hyenas were brought on for the nighttime safaris but I presume they were dropped off at the humane society when that ended, so if you have a schnauzer-Labrador retriever mix, you may, in fact, have a hyena.

I thought it was the African Painted Dogs that were added to support the nighttime safari?

Karakasa

Oof, they're going to shut poor Dinosaur down quick huh?
Glad I went for my last ride recently, seems like they might just close it without fanfare. That'd be heartbreaking given the sendoffs both EEA and GMR got...

gerarar

Premium Member

Here we go!

Not seeing much a difference. You could always see the green show building through the tree/shrubs if you look hard enough.

2022:
1717638567165.png

2023 (my picture):
1000006305.jpg

2024 / Today (I presume):
1000012143.jpg

Karakasa

I saw comment saying it’s been that way for a while now.

Does anybody who visited AK recently noticed any changes to this attraction?
On the outside, not really, I didn't pay close enough attention to see if the foliage was like that before.
Inside, all the animatronics are up and running, even if two are in a sorta B-mode. Definitely different compared to the stretch of several of them being dead-still. Maybe they had turned them off thinking they might just refurbish and the ones that were off needed servicing for long-term care, and now that it's being shuttered, they're just letting them run?

eddie104

Work is not set to start at Dinosaur soon.

Trailers, then the PW spot, then CTX. She'll get a proper sendoff, best I've heard.
I know I’m always bothering you with questions but is Disney planning to expand Pandora with the new attraction that is slated for DL?

Just thinking that it would be cool if that land got more capacity and it would be another much needed addition to the park.

PREMiERdrum

I know I’m always bothering you with questions but is Disney planning to expand Pandora with the new attraction that is slated for DL?

Just thinking that it would be cool if that land got more capacity and it would be another much needed addition to the park.
I don't believe so at this time, but I guess that could depend on what they finalize and fund post-Tropical Americas.

I can't imagine getting TA plus Lion King and Pandora expansion at AK, plus 2 or 3 MK additions and 1 or 2 at DHS... at least not this cycle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom