Emporium to get new store layout in early June

I'm interested to see what they do since I like the Emporium as it. Not sure they need a princess section since the store next door is girl oriented already. More Vinylmation? Sigh...

Yeah, the Vinylmation is getting just a little old. I mean I'm fine with it being sold everywhere, just like the pins. But I'm not liking all of the sloganing for it everywhere I look!

MillerPoppins

I like the Emporium as it is. But why oh why do the girls always have to have Princess stuff??? I despise the Pirates stuff in pink but all I would like would be Pixar and Pirate stuff in girl sizes! Not all girls are the "princessey" type.

tink@heart

And.....not all boys want just pirate and pixar. My 5 year old would die for a prince charming costume or even Aladdin, Prince Eric, Phillip etc..... But....nowhere to be found!!!!

MissM

Wow. Walked through the Emporium today and everything is in a different place. The only things unchanged are the Women's apparel section and the men's/sports section. Everything else is in very different places.

Even the giant Cinderella Castle display that used to be in the girls/toy section is completely gone.

Mugs and housewares are where the 2010 dated stuff used to be in the back corner of the Emporium. Plush are where the mugs/kitchen stuff used to be. Boys clothes are where the scrapbooking/dvd's used to be. The monorail items and other toys are on the side wall where plush used to be.

Moving into the second store - the white one where the princess stuff used to be are dated 2010 collection, additional clothes and a sort of general assortment of items. The displays are gone. The mouse ears are still in the back of that store however.

It's really, really different. I'm not sure yet if it's better or not. It's still just as crowded as ever of course but it's so strange having things in such vastly different places. Especially the main Emporium and the second shop. Those are the most different at this time.

Next Big Thing

Wow. Walked through the Emporium today and everything is in a different place. The only things unchanged are the Women's apparel section and the men's/sports section. Everything else is in very different places.

Even the giant Cinderella Castle display that used to be in the girls/toy section is completely gone.

Mugs and housewares are where the 2010 dated stuff used to be in the back corner of the Emporium. Plush are where the mugs/kitchen stuff used to be. Boys clothes are where the scrapbooking/dvd's used to be. The monorail items and other toys are on the side wall where plush used to be.

Moving into the second store - the white one where the princess stuff used to be are dated 2010 collection, additional clothes and a sort of general assortment of items. The displays are gone. The mouse ears are still in the back of that store however.

It's really, really different. I'm not sure yet if it's better or not. It's still just as crowded as ever of course but it's so strange having things in such vastly different places. Especially the main Emporium and the second shop. Those are the most different at this time.
Was it at least on par with how it used to be would you say? I'm probably heading there this weekend so i'll see for myself, but just trying to see what you think. It doesn't seem like you think it's terrible at least so that's good.

MissM

It seems like the same basic items - just vastly moved around. It's hard to really absorb it all though on a quick walk through since I'm so used to it being the other way! :lol: I just cut through to avoid congestion on Main Street and walk through the AC so I didn't really study the differences too closely but it doesn't seem like a huge difference in items from first glance.

aladdin2007

Yeah its really no big change. Was in there yesterday (for the AC too:wave:) and all they did was just move products around to different shelves. The layout is the same.

emporiumgirl06

Majorly DISLIKE! This was a terrible idea!!! They took out the Castle several months ago last year, which personal opinion was a huge mistake and ultra depressing!!! This news makes me very sad! Having worked many hours in the Emporium, I liked the way it was, it flowed well (when it wasnt after wishes or the parades) and was easy to find things in the right area...

raven

I don't know why this was called a "new layout" when all it is is just moving merchandise from one area to another. In the Disney Store we call that a Stage Set and it happens a couple of times a month. Not sure what the big hype is about because I went through there tonight and it looks the same.

optjay

I don't know why this was called a "new layout" when all it is is just moving merchandise from one area to another. In the Disney Store we call that a Stage Set and it happens a couple of times a month. Not sure what the big hype is about because I went through there tonight and it looks the same.

Well, maybe Disney realizes that an anouncement of anything will get alot of people talking about it and hyping it up on the web?

wolf359

Well, maybe Disney realizes that an anouncement of anything will get alot of people talking about it and hyping it up on the web?

Even if the actual result is everyone declaring it a failure and condemning it without even having seen it?

'Cause I see that SO much more around here...

PeoplemoverTTA

Majorly DISLIKE! This was a terrible idea!!! They took out the Castle several months ago last year, which personal opinion was a huge mistake and ultra depressing!!!.

I'm actually glad they took out the castle...if I'm shopping in the Emporium and want to see Cinderella Castle.....

I'll step outside and look ;)

Plus, that thing was a major traffic flow-killer!

mgf

I overheard some "suits" (my code word for the business dress CMs) talking in the Emporium today. They were discussing the pro's and con's of the four proposals for redesigning the layout. During the course of the discussion, one of them mentioned a new sign package will hopefully be installed inside the store by the end of the month. Specifically, she mentioned a new hanging glass sign to indicate the big bank of registers nearest the fire station (on the wall shared by the barber shop). Some additional lighting may be installed in this area also because one of the "con's" was this area was a little dark and tucked away. Finally, apparently the wiring for the registers (as well as the countertops) have been designed designed so that the computers can be removed and replaced with notebooks or tablets, quote "if we ever come into the 21st century."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom