EMH To Be Cut By An Hour?

the-reason14

Because some of us still enjoy WDW, we just see and are saddened by the faults ... and we realize that not going isn't going to make one bit of difference. So why should we not visit a place we still enjoy (albeit not like we once did)?

Giving up is not a 'tude I like. It's what is very prevalent in the USA today in much more serious things than Disney Parks.

And obviously going and complaining about every little thing isn't helping either or showing them that you want them to change. But everybody's different I guess, as I don't see it as giving up, I see it as if you're finding more fault then like in a place where you once saw very little fault then it makes little to no sense to keep going just to complain about every little thing.

YankeeMouse

Coming from someone who was upset that printed napkins are gone at WDW, the last hour going away is another small crack in the "magic". They add up. As an AP holder also, the bounceback offers are now better and general public codes are almost as good. I still like the magic of on-site but don't like the trend of little magical details going away.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And obviously going and complaining about every little thing isn't helping either or showing them that you want them to change. But everybody's different I guess, as I don't see it as giving up, I see it as if you're finding more fault then like in a place where you once saw very little fault then it makes little to no sense to keep going just to complain about every little thing.

If you saw people coming here with their daily rant and starting a new thread.. then I'd say 'complaining'

But what you see is people engaging in ongoing DISCUSSIONS about the product.. on a site dedicated to DISCUSSION and NEWS about the product. When someone adds something of a negative view to a discussion about that topic - it's not 'complaining' - it's part of the discussion. Now if it's just throwing hand grenades and running.. that would be something different. But these are people actually engaging in the conversation. Problem is some wish they could steer the discussion only to happy things all the time and prefer to not be reminded of things they chose to turn away from.

the-reason14

If you saw people coming here with their daily rant and starting a new thread.. then I'd say 'complaining'

But what you see is people engaging in ongoing DISCUSSIONS about the product.. on a site dedicated to DISCUSSION and NEWS about the product. When someone adds something of a negative view to a discussion about that topic - it's not 'complaining' - it's part of the discussion. Now if it's just throwing hand grenades and running.. that would be something different. But these are people actually engaging in the conversation. Problem is some wish they could steer the discussion only to happy things all the time and prefer to not be reminded of things they chose to turn away from.

Yes, I guess when the 'discussions' are 99.9% negative then that either means somethings really wrong with WDW or them for even debating whether they should press 'book now' or examine what's really going on and spend their money elsewhere. I think at this point we all know that WDW is doomed, or at least that's what I gather from all the recycled complai..er discussions on this board. Maybe there's something in the food at the sit down restaurants that I've never attended that numbs the logic part of people's brains and their destined to be prisoners of WDW for eternity. Who knows *shrugs*

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes, I guess when the 'discussions' are 99.9% negative then that either means somethings really wrong with WDW or them for even debating whether they should press 'book now' or examine what's really going on and spend their money elsewhere. I think at this point we all know that WDW is doomed, or at least that's what I gather from all the recycled complai..er discussions on this board. Maybe there's something in the food at the sit down restaurants that I've never attended that numbs the logic part of people's brains and their destined to be prisoners of WDW for eternity. Who knows *shrugs*

Like I said from the beginning of this thread the move is really not defensible. I consider myself a card carrying member of the pixie dust snorting group, but I can't come up with even a half decent defense of this move. Unless it is followed up with another perk being offered (highly unlikely) It's just cost cutting pure and simple. It is no shock that this thread is 99.9% negative. It is about a negative topic. That being said I still don't think there is enough wrong with WDW to stop going. Not even close. This was a nice perk that is reduced 1/3 not gone (i never really used it anyway). People have a right to react negatively to it but still want to go to the parks.

the-reason14

Like I said from the beginning of this thread the move is really not defensible. I consider myself a card carrying member of the pixie dust snorting group, but I can't come up with even a half decent defense of this move. Unless it is followed up with another perk being offered (highly unlikely) It's just cost cutting pure and simple. It is no shock that this thread is 99.9% negative. It is about a negative topic. That being said I still don't think there is enough wrong with WDW to stop going. Not even close. This was a nice perk that is reduced 1/3 not gone (i never really used it anyway). People have a right to react negatively to it but still want to go to the parks.

I agree this is negative and there really is no defense. However since this is one of many cutbacks, at what point do all negative things add up and make you say, this isn't worth it? Im sure if Disney knows this change among the others that have happened this year and just this year will not effect your decision to come, then what else can they get away with? With the overall tone here is as negative as it is, then I can't believe most people here think its still worth the money to go. And yet there we are, booking trips left and right.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree this is negative and there really is no defense. However since this is one of many cutbacks, at what point do all negative things add up and make you say, this isn't worth it? Im sure if Disney knows this change among the others that have happened this year and just this year will not effect your decision to come, then what else can they get away with? With the overall tone here is as negative as it is, then I can't believe most people here think its still worth the money to go. And yet there we are, booking trips left and right.

If you are out that's your decision. I'm not going to try to talk you out of it. I can't speak for everyone else, but for me personally, the negatives talked about on here don't come close to adding up to me not going. Maybe some day they might, but not today. I often disagree with a lot of the negatives brought up, but this particular one is inexcusable. I will grant you there are some other people on here who seem so down on WDW that I often wonder why they still go, but I think the majority are just expressing displeasure over the loss of a perk.

ewensell3

Sorry if I'm repeating what has already been said, but...

I for one am ok with this. I'm not much of a fan of EMH. It is neat in concept, but in practice not so much. At least by my impressions over the years.

A very limited set of attractions are operating. Usually it is just the coasters, and I'm not a coaster fan. I'm not exactly a morning person so early EMH is usually pretty hard. By the time late EMH rolls around I've pretty much had all I can stand. During busy times when late EMH might be useful, the general closing time tends to get extended anyway. I've gotten to the point where I do not bother factoring EMH into my plans.

Perhaps resort guests would be better served by some advanced fast passes? Allow a resort guest to choose fastpasses for one or two rides per park per day. Just a thought.

bubbles1812

Sorry if I'm repeating what has already been said, but...

I for one am ok with this. I'm not much of a fan of EMH. It is neat in concept, but in practice not so much. At least by my impressions over the years.

A very limited set of attractions are operating. Usually it is just the coasters, and I'm not a coaster fan. I'm not exactly a morning person so early EMH is usually pretty hard. By the time late EMH rolls around I've pretty much had all I can stand. During busy times when late EMH might be useful, the general closing time tends to get extended anyway. I've gotten to the point where I do not bother factoring EMH into my plans.

Perhaps resort guests would be better served by some advanced fast passes? Allow a resort guest to choose fastpasses for one or two rides per park per day. Just a thought.

You haven't read much on the nextgen fast pass system, have you.. I'd suggest looking at the 6 new FPs coming to MK thread. What you are describing is sort of the same concept except lucky you, you get to attempt to micro manage your vacation by being forced to choose which FPs you want 6 months in advance. I know that's exactly what I've always wanted to do...plan every step of my vacation months in advance.

Cosmic Commando

It isn't advertised like this at all. Its advertised as "exclusive to resort guests" and people then assume "well that's barely anyone compared to the rest of the crowds!" But when you condense 24 resorts into one theme park and also don't offer everything, the result is the park is busier than it would have been otherwise until people start giving up and going home, which results in that last hour of "quiet" time.
The thing that hasn't been getting any traction in the fan community is that EMH has already been declining by degrees for years now... every time a new resort opens (Kidani, BLT and Art of Animation most recently with Grand Flo and Poly DVC's coming soon), there are more people eligible for EMH and the parks haven't been adding capacity to keep up. That was declining by degrees. Now, just lopping off 1/3 of evening EMH altogether, that's declining by whatever's bigger than degrees... declining by arc segments?

Ex-Floridian

I love EMH when its late. While people watch fireworks, I start heading closer and closer to Liberty Square. Then slowly I am on the outskirts of Adventureland. Hit Pirates, Splash, Thunder, and round to Haunted and Fansatyland. Very small lines and we get through a lot! Oh well...

WDW1974

I wonder how many people in the 'booking trips left and right' dept have visited WDW pre-2000 or really pre-DAK ... I wonder how many of them have visited DLR ... how many have visited UNI and SW ... how many have gone abroad ... how many have visited Disney's international resorts or taken a DCL voyage?

I, for one, have long (likely 2005 or 06 was it) since stopped my every other month jaunt up FLA's Turnpike ... WDW Co gets about 15% of what they earned from my business in say 1999. I was a Pixie Dusted whale ... now, I'm just a plush loving manatee!:eek:

By that line of thinking, Disney should have minimum requirements for even opening a park. You don't have 15K at the MK, then you close it for the day.

You do realize how ridiculous both above statements are.

I was at the mall earlier this week and it was dead. They probably should have just closed. That's your argument, right there.

Ridiculous, no. You just admitted that if something is dead, the logical response is to close it. Disney is being logical. I'm still at a loss to why this hour matters so much. I mean if you're paying loads of money to stay at these resorts then go stay at them!

Partially. One of the perks they use to sell staying onsite is EMH. Those EMH are dwindling away, while the resort rate goes up. Is it the only reason one chooses to stay onsite? No, but it's a big part of it, and as it disappears, the rates should reflect the loss of that perk (of course, they won't).

And yes, I am losing something. At least 3 hours a week in the parks.

You do know that you don't have to stay at a Disney resort right? You're choosing to. If you think the price is too high, don't go. If you don't feel the perks you're getting are worth the price, don't go.

the-reason14

I wonder how many people in the 'booking trips left and right' dept have visited WDW pre-2000 or really pre-DAK ... I wonder how many of them have visited DLR ... how many have visited UNI and SW ... how many have gone abroad ... how many have visited Disney's international resorts or taken a DCL voyage?

I, for one, have long (likely 2005 or 06 was it) since stopped my every other month jaunt up FLA's Turnpike ... WDW Co gets about 15% of what they earned from my business in say 1999. I was a Pixie Dusted whale ... now, I'm just a plush loving manatee!:eek:

I'm sure some have, and some haven't. The point is if you have gone during the 'glory days' and are still going now after not only reading about negative change upon negative change but have seen it as well and are still going then you can't really want WDW to change back or for the better if you're still supporting them when they're clearly "wrong."

lebeau

By that line of thinking, Disney should have minimum requirements for even opening a park. You don't have 15K at the MK, then you close it for the day.

You do realize how ridiculous both above statements are.

I was at the mall earlier this week and it was dead. They probably should have just closed. That's your argument, right there.

This is common practice for open mic nights at comedy clubs. Of course, there is also a two drink minimum. Maybe Disney should adopt both policies.

scottnj1966

You do know that you don't have to stay at a Disney resort right? You're choosing to. If you think the price is too high, don't go. If you don't feel the perks you're getting are worth the price, don't go.

You do realize one of the reasons it cost more to stay at a Disney resort is because they factor in costs for things like transportaion and extra magic hours. When you start removing these things but keep the cost to stay at Disney either the same or raise it, well you start looking greedy or WDW is being mismanaged. Either way something has to be done. Your answer, dont go does not help. Everyone should contact the executive offices and ask what is going on.
I believe Walt Disney World, and Disney itself is an American icon and institution and when I see it being handled so poorly I want someone to look into it. Remember in the 80's they almost lost themselves because of stupitidy. I dont want them going down another wrong path.

Contact them and voice your concerns.

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom