EMH change

threvester

Anybody notice that they changed the Extra Magic Hour days at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom?
Looks like they went from Sunday to Saturday at the Magic Kingdom and Monday to Sunday at Animal Kingdom starting in mid-July. I cant believe they want us to book our rides and restaurants so far out, then change the hours starting in just 3 weeks..sorry if this is posted elsewhere..didnt see anything

disney4life2008

After a brief meltdown and panic attack - thanks to McDonalds for helping me overcome this I was able to make my first 2 days a little less crowded and add in another ADR :)

My first day: I arrive at 745am at MCO. I now have made an ADR for The Plaza for early lunch (1120). Hopefully my room will be ready and I can freshen up then head to MK for my ADR. Then I have my 3 FP+ for 7DMT, Splash and BTMR. Then leave after the parade and rest in my room for a few hours. Then head to HS for 9pm showing of Fantasmic then take the bus to MK for evening EMHs. whew :joyfull:

I moved Trail's End dinner buffet to my second day - more food :rolleyes:

50s Prime Time Cafe is now my 4th night and I will be able to enjoy evening EMHs afterward :oops: Sans RnRC and ToT, lol

And Ohana is still on the 8/13 at 925 in time for Wishes :cat:

Outliers is still Rainforest Cafe (I may try the one at AK this time- but I always worry that its empty, silly)? Or T-Rex at DD.

Upvote 0

LAM378

Outliers is still Rainforest Cafe (I may try the one at AK this time- but I always worry that its empty, silly)? Or T-Rex at DD.

Ha! We have all the same ADRs between Aug 10-13, just different days and times.

Have you ever been to a Rainforest Cafe before? I'm have one 20 min away from home and the only things I like about it are the appetizers, and the fact that it smells like Disney World ;).

Upvote 0

rob0519

We've never counted on EMH and never used early ones. We would use the late hours. Especially at MK. Still ad ad earlier poster wrote, I wonder why so many changes and why now? More cost cutting? Fewer hours for CPs? More layoffs? With the summer crowds, there would always be people in the parks for EMH.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Ha! We have all the same ADRs between Aug 10-13, just different days and times.

Have you ever been to a Rainforest Cafe before? I'm have one 20 min away from home and the only things I like about it are the appetizers, and the fact that it smells like Disney World ;).

Spot on - I think that is a good sign :) I have been to Rainforest Cafe a few times at DTD and Las Vegas. It is very overpriced but I do enjoy the ambiance, lol. I am thinking about joining the landrys club where I pay $25 then get $25 and its almost my birthday month so I will get another $25 so I could have $50 to spend there. We will see but Rainforest is not at the top of my list

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Anyone notice the Festival of Fantasy parade missing for the whole month of Aug 2014? anyone know why?

I am assuming they are updating the page. August 11 has no EMHs listed at all I am thinking that will change. But why the Parade is missing is questionable as its a constant. They better not mess with my Fantasmic or there will be some fighting going on.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

We've never counted on EMH and never used early ones. We would use the late hours. Especially at MK. Still ad ad earlier poster wrote, I wonder why so many changes and why now? More cost cutting? Fewer hours for CPs? More layoffs? With the summer crowds, there would always be people in the parks for EMH.

I honestly think they are preparing to eliminate EMHs or decrease them more substantially. The premium of staying at a disney resort in the past was EMHs. But with FP+/MM+ the premium is to stay at a disney resort and reserve 60 days out (vs 30 days or day of for everyone else). And we would be crazy to think any changes to EMHs is not in direct correlation to MM+ and the billions spent: which is also a reason for entertainment cuts and CM cuts.

While I appreciate that I can reserve 3 attractions 60 days in advance by staying at a disney resort - that is not enough to keep me coming back. I can stay off site for substantially less. What keeps me on disney site is EMHs morning and evening.

Upvote 0

draybook

We were able to adapt but the only real hit we took was having to change our AK RFC ADR over to DtD for much later AND we lost a couple of hours at DHS. But since we're upgrading to APs this year, we're getting a few extra days on the end of the vacation!

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

We were able to adapt but the only real hit we took was having to change our AK RFC ADR over to DtD for much later AND we lost a couple of hours at DHS. But since we're upgrading to APs this year, we're getting a few extra days on the end of the vacation!

I was lost for about a minute trying to figure out the acronyms :) It seems it works out for most of us and having a AP is a blessing. I will have one open day in August where I plan to hit all 4 theme parks and do all the headline attractions. We will see how that turns out, lol

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I am not impacted by this and I am still angry. This just stinks. I will say we use Morning EMH's at every park and evening EMHs as well. If they end up eliminating them all together with the only benefit being the 60 day FP window we too will be off site guests in the future. We are already planning on skipping a year.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I am not impacted by this and I am still angry. This just stinks. I will say we use Morning EMH's at every park and evening EMHs as well. If they end up eliminating them all together with the only benefit being the 60 day FP window we too will be off site guests in the future. We are already planning on skipping a year.

It is hard to say what they are doing. I think morning hours will stay and be renamed. Evening hours are the ones at risk of being cut within the next 2 years. As others have mentioned - with the emphasis on late night event ticket events - they would need to cut evening hours anyway. But its another way they are making money off us - I for one have no interest in paying for a special event ticket (only MVMCP and Halloween). But if EMHs are cut - I will go back to using my timeshare and staying at the Marriott Grande Vista for $275 for a week.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

My husband and I were talking about the old days of the E-Ride Nights...bought bracelets for $12 and practically had the parks to ourselves.....back then we would take the little ones back to nap then head back in to the E - Ride nights and get so much done. But now these late night event tickets are way more $$$$ vs. the E-Ride nights...not worth it to us. We have done the special events (MVMCP, P&P) but don't need them.n

Upvote 0

Brian & Jill

Just found out about the changes. Not happy at all about this bomb that Disney decided to drop on all of us!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:. We are going to be at the parks the week of 10/26 -11/1 and now the latest night is 10:00 for MK. Now we have to possibly add a day to our park tickets so we can go into the MK during the day before we go back into the MK for the Halloween party. Disney is taking away the perks of staying on the property. They need to get back to business basics and keep their returning guests happy,so that those guests will keep spreading the good word about Disney Parks and more people will be willing to stay on property for these perks.

Upvote 0

KingdomofDreams

Well... hmmmmm.... this is kind of unprecedented isn't it? I kind of freaked a bit when I saw this, but after checking the calendar on the official Disney site, it looks like EMH's were actually added the week we're there. The only one we planned to take advantage of is still there and the ones added might work in our favor to draw crowds away from the park we had in our plans. Fingers crossed they don't change things up any more than this.

I understand that technically they can change park hours without notice, but they really need to understand that with guests booking ADR's and advance FastPasses, a lot of time and effort goes into planning and they're really screwing with their guests big time making a bunch of changes late in the game. Adding more EMH's is good, taking them away/switching days or times is a complication.

As far as someone commenting about them eliminating night EMH's at some point in the near future, it really wouldn't surprise me. I might be mistaken, but I believe Disneyland and DCA only do morning hours, not evening, so that might not be too far-fetched.

Upvote 0

note2001

They canceled the morning MK EMH next Saturday :( Well, I suppose this could work in my sister's favor, she's checking out that morning, and maybe the lack of an EMH will keep the morning crowd lower for her.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom