EMH change

threvester

Anybody notice that they changed the Extra Magic Hour days at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom?
Looks like they went from Sunday to Saturday at the Magic Kingdom and Monday to Sunday at Animal Kingdom starting in mid-July. I cant believe they want us to book our rides and restaurants so far out, then change the hours starting in just 3 weeks..sorry if this is posted elsewhere..didnt see anything

ezralou

I must be in the minority- we stay on disney and avoid EMH (in particular mornings) like the plague...

still, changing them is a huge impact but since our next rip is not til Feb. it is less painful.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I must be in the minority- we stay on disney and avoid EMH (in particular mornings) like the plague...

still, changing them is a huge impact but since our next rip is not til Feb. it is less painful.

EMHs at AK is amazing - it is empty. I have not did Epcot morning hours in a few years but I have always been able to knock out Soarin, TT, MS by official opening. HS is the worst (but that holds true on non early hours) - but I have been able to knock out TsMM, ToT by official opening. I have never went to Magic Kingdom for morning hours - but I going in August for 2 reasons (to see the Welcome Show - I think it is shown on morning hours); and I am going to knock out a few rides in the early morning then go to BoG for lunch.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

Question.. On September 22, the disney website says the km closes at 10pm, wishes at 9 with the electrical parade at 8 & 10.. Would this be correct to have a parade at closing time?

Upvote 0
As stated previously in the thread, they should not change anything to do with hours within the next 180 days. ADRs hard enough to make at the 180 day window and impossible to change later. You can see where I am by my signature line. I just tried to adjust 50's PT and Sci Fi and couldn't do it to match EMH.

Upvote 0

MissAndroid

Ugh this really sucks! I have a trip planned for 12/13 - 12/16 and I was really looking forward to being in MK at midnight on Monday, because how cool would it be to leave cinderella's castle at midnight. My traveling companions don't arrive until Saturday afternoon and we were planning on going to HS since it has the least to do followed by DD and DQ, but now I don't know what to do. MK has so much more to offer than HS and if we change to sat for the EMHs we will really miss out. This would be so much worse if I had BOG ressies, but I'm hoping for fp+ lunch, but like I said they don't get there until the afternoon so we wouldn't be able to do lunch and then I would have to try for dinner ressies. I guess I will just wait and see. Again, ugh!

Upvote 0

bhg469

Does anyone still think that WDW management is doing whats best for its guests? Do you think that it would have been such a big deal to make their changes 180 days out instead of messing with people's plans that are only weeks away? I can't Imagine why they didn't...

Upvote 0

PrincessMia

I am a huge Disney fan but it is a business. And a publicly owned one, at that. They are making these changes because there is a financial upside, pure and simple. I can imagine no other reason why such a change would be made, after people (like me) have already made their reservations for upcoming trips. I chose parks based on expected crowds and now will need to re-evaluate my plans. Boo.

Upvote 0

lazyboy97o

I am a huge Disney fan but it is a business. And a publicly owned one, at that. They are making these changes because there is a financial upside, pure and simple. I can imagine no other reason why such a change would be made, after people (like me) have already made their reservations for upcoming trips. I chose parks based on expected crowds and now will need to re-evaluate my plans. Boo.
There is a financially upside to treating your customers with respect. That is not demonstrated when you push for more and more pre-planning and then make shifts on people at what is in practice the last minute.

Upvote 0

AmongMadPeople

Have Epcot's PM EMH always been on Wednesday starting mid-September? I don't recall noticing this before. Looks like it corresponds pretty closely to Food & Wine Festival, but I just don't know if this is another change or was always like this.

Upvote 0

draybook

Have Epcot's PM EMH always been on Wednesday starting mid-September? I don't recall noticing this before. Looks like it corresponds pretty closely to Food & Wine Festival, but I just don't know if this is another change or was always like this.

I'm pretty sure it was last year but before that my memory is a little foggy.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

This causes a problem for those (like me) that usually stay Sunday - Thursday (when the value prices are much cheaper than (Friday and Saturday) because I could always count on arriving Sunday and going to MK Monday evenings for EMHs. Luckily for August I added the extra day of arriving on Saturday but that will not always be th case

Upvote 0

SHORTY

I'm hoping they're still updating their schedule because both of our MK days in Nov no longer has Wishes. One of our days lost PM EMHs while another gained which I can accept but no wishes might be a deal breaker.

Upvote 0

ezralou

Follow-up question here- I notice on the wdwagic calendar the AK morning hours flip-flop in alternate weeks in January, and the MK evening EMHs move around between Sat. and Sun. Are these the actual plans or just best guesses? I am going in Feb. and wonder when the park and EMH hours will be announced!

Upvote 0

Mawg

I wonder if this is a result of FastPass+. Prior Disney had no way of knowing how many people would be in any given park. Now with FastPass+ reservations they can estimate if a park will be more busy on particular days. They would also know who is a resort guest and not. They might have looked and saw, hey there is a low number of resort guests in this park on this day with Fast Pass reservations, let's add EMH and try to increase it.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

I wonder if this is a result of FastPass+. Prior Disney had no way of knowing how many people would be in any given park. Now with FastPass+ reservations they can estimate if a park will be more busy on particular days. They would also know who is a resort guest and not. They might have looked and saw, hey there is a low number of resort guests in this park on this day with Fast Pass reservations, let's add EMH and try to increase it.
I dont think so because more than half of those dates still weren't in their fp window.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

I dont think so because more than half of those dates still weren't in their fp window.

I think its more of a reason for them to reduce park hours and add in premium "ticket" events.

Upvote 0

PARichards

EMHs at AK is amazing - it is empty

Curious here, how does AK EMH affect park crowds later in the day? It is our arrival day, but won't be in the park til at least noon, depending on traffic, etc. We chose AK before the changes, when it was most recommended, have ADRs scheduled around a pretty short trip, so no room for changes. Every other day still works in our favor, so not gonna mess around with the rest of our vacay over 1 day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom