Ellen's Energy Adventure refurbishment in 2009

EPCOT Explorer

Damn!:eek::lol: I thought this was gonna be some great new info about a new show!:(:lol:

Still good to know and hear that UoE is getting TLC! It needs it!:)

diddy_mouse

Well I'm glad some attention is going toward this attraction. I was bummed that it was down when we were there in December. Look forward to seeing it again this May :)

Hrudey3032

Do maintenance refurbs usually take that long, or is there a change they might be doing more?

Generally refurbs times can vary based on what needs done.It could be simple as paint and upkeep to replacing parts of a ride to changing out the whole ride.

jt04

This is the perfect chance for them to say, "gee once we started the refurb we found the ride was beyond repair and we have decided to do a refurb that actually has a theme that deals with the concept of ENERGY instead of the current incoherent mess that is beyond boring and pointless."

Disney_Freak429

Are they adding the Obama dance-off videos to the ride? :lol:

*crosses fingers* please be true :D

But really I could care less but my friend is coming the end of Jan. & he hasn't been to the parks in some 20 odd years good thing they have not changed it much since then or it would be a downer its closed. Philharmagic on the other hand grrr :fork:

TheDisneyMagic

It is good news to hear that Ellen's Energy Adventure is getting some TLC, hopefully they will fix those curtains that have just stayed opened for a good few years now!

I love this attraction and to be honest I loved it back when it was even lamer and more boring than it's current state. The animatronics are awesome and it's an enjoyable ride even with a cheesy pre-show.

raven

Maybe they will actually dust the place! When you go through the jungle they have green lights to make the leaves look green. They didn't need this before but since the leaves turned grey with all of the dust that's been collected they've had to change the gels to make them look real. :lol:

Mr.EPCOT

Feel the glow...

here we go...

through the UNIVERSE OF ENERGY!!!

Maybe they'll fix the darned curtains in Theater 2.

And get the lava going again...

And make the ending more climatic and exciting...

And reinstall the Kinetic Mosaic...

And bring back the awesome theme song...

*sigh*
u

kcnole

And here I got all excited for a moment. Since I don't ride the current version of a ride (since its a waste of a perfectly good hour unless you want a nice nap in air conditioning) this doesn't really excite me at all. I actually liked the previous version with the radok blocks (well when they worked).

EPCOT Explorer

This is the perfect chance for them to say, "gee once we started the refurb we found the ride was beyond repair and we have decided to do a refurb that actually has a theme that deals with the concept of ENERGY instead of the current incoherent mess that is beyond boring and pointless."
:D

Twould be nice.

Scar

This is one our daughter's (8 years old) favorite attractions in ALL of WDW. We have to go on it at least once each time we are there.

The pre-show and show does give us quite a bit of chuckles each time and some decent lines (yeah, they're lame and cheesy, but they're delivered well):

'Well, I'm sure there's lots of places you'ld be surprised to see me."
"You. You're late. Where've you been?"
"And you think about that next time."
"Zip it, Judy."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom