News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

trainplane3

I agree with the notion of ending pre-planned FP. I am a pro. I benefit from the system. But it is SO. MUCH. WORK. And it’s stressful. You could hybridize Maxpass with virtual queues to largely avoid super long lines. Return most rides to Stand-By only (looking at you, HM and POTC). At the big tickets, once lines reach some level (an hour?) activate BGs for just those big tickets. End the misery of planning months out AND the misery of arriving at 9 am to a 240-min wait.

If there needs to be a perk for resorts, perhaps you can build in special hints-from-Genie for the most-valued-guests—imagine you get a push notification from Genie to use one of your 3 per day “Wishes”: “Hi there! I see you’re enjoying Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Want to use a wish and have me add you to a Space Mountain or Splash Mountain virtual queue? I will let you know when it’s time to ride!”

All you’d have to do is let Disney know your favorites ahead of time. No scheduling.
I just wish this could've happened under better circumstances. But overall, I'm looking forward to the ditching of FP+ system even if it may only be temporary. My December trip could possibly be the best one in years or the worst one yet. It'll be interesting.

Also, a chuckle at this:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If there needs to be a perk for resorts, perhaps you can build in special hints-from-Genie for the most-valued-guests—imagine you get a push notification from Genie to use one of your 3 per day “Wishes”: “Hi there! I see you’re enjoying Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Want to use a wish and have me add you to a Space Mountain or Splash Mountain virtual queue? I will let you know when it’s time to ride!”

All you’d have to do is let Disney know your favorites ahead of time. No scheduling.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to pay extra for your wishes? (Well at least the good ones)

Mem11

I agree but people have gotten used to the current system and the additional benefit to staying onsite. Also, we know (and there have been countless posts about it) that the cost of Disney hotels have gone way up over time. If it is going to be cheaper to stay at the Ritz Carlton than a moderate, that could eventually be an issue.
I agree, resort pricing is and has been out of control for years.

I just don't find being forced to schedule Fastpasses 60 days before arriving, along with the tier complexities and having FP+ forced onto attraction that don't need it to be a resort benefit for me - it's just more of hassle that makes me not want to go.

crawale

All the dining reservations are cancelled. According to the info Disney has put out they are basically all gone but when you are withing 60 days of your trip you can then try to rebook reservations. The problem they had was that the new social distancing garbage severely limited the capacity of restaurants. So rather than up set some people by randomly cancelling some reservation but not all they decided to upset everyone by cancelling everyone's reservations. Also note they aren't selling any new tickets so unless you are an AP holder or already had tickets purchased you won't be going anytime soon anyways as they have not decided when they will actually be selling new tickets.
None of my reservations have been cancelled. I wonder if it is because we are already booked DVC into Boardwalk, are FL residents or maybe because we are APs. Dates are July 18-Aug 2.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I also purchased tickets from undercover tourist and loaded them onto MDE. This morning I got this message from Disney, so it looks like it doesn’t matter where you purchase your tickets from, but it probably helps to load them onto MDE.

An Important Walt Disney World Update​
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Park experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.
Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new system.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.
‌​
Where did you get this? I have not received this. (Maybe because I had no FP+ or dining reservations)

nickys

Premium Member
None of my reservations have been cancelled. I wonder if it is because we are already booked DVC into Boardwalk, are FL residents or maybe because we are APs. Dates are July 18-Aug 2.
No, it’s because they haven’t cancelled everything yet.

All dining and FPs, tours, dining plans etc are being cancelled through to September 2021.

beertiki

It’s no more of a touch point than a credit card machine

Not even close. One touch at the touch point, plastic to plastic. Credit Card machines have you touching several buttons, and sometime entering a pin number. I would also think that a quick spray every few minutes and a touch point would be sterile, the CC machine has too many buttons and grooves for germs to hide.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Not even close. One touch at the touch point, plastic to plastic. Credit Card machines have you touching several buttons, and sometime entering a pin number. I would also think that a quick spray every few minutes and a touch point would be sterile, the CC machine has too many buttons and grooves for germs to hide.
Exactly.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
For what it is worth.. I, too, just got the email. So it looks like those who only paid deposit, like me, are in the clear so far. (-:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Some stores are solving that issue with...
1590767663058.png

thomas998

I would probably call and make sure, the last thing you would want to do is find out when you got there that they had all been cancelled and everyplace you wanted was booked out. It is possible that the announcement that they were cancelling all of the reservations was simply made before the IT folks were scheduled to reset the system and flush everyone. I would expect them to announce it prior to them doing it... and who knows maybe they are planning on sending out a email or letter to everyone prior to them actually doing it... This is Disney so acting as a well oiled machine is probably too much to expect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom