Elemental (Pixar - June 2023)

doctornick

Does anyone know when this will be available on Disney +? Or any streaming?

thanks!

It's actually an interesting question as to whether they will stretch out the windows more and delay the appearance on D+. With Elemental having relatively good "legs", it's a good candidate to delay the appearance on streaming for longer as a way to train audiences to not just wait until it is "free" on Disney+

BrianLo

It's actually an interesting question as to whether they will stretch out the windows more and delay the appearance on D+. With Elemental having relatively good "legs", it's a good candidate to delay the appearance on streaming for longer as a way to train audiences to not just wait until it is "free" on Disney+

I also think they are going to try and cluster releases around October to further cushion the price increase blow and prevent churn.

Probably Elemental > Haunted Mansion > Indy 5 will all come in a 4 week window around October 12th. There's also a reason their second most popular show on D+ is releasing October 6th (Loki S2).

wtyy21

Probably Elemental > Haunted Mansion > Indy 5 will all come in a 4 week window around October 12th. There's also a reason their second most popular show on D+ is releasing October 6th (Loki S2).
Wait, this October is the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company. I believe they would make its centennial anniversary an opportunity to release these films.

LittleBuford

I certainly think the story speaks to themes of love across cultural boundaries; that much is clear from the trailer and implied in my earlier post anyway. It's the Asian/white framing in particular that I was commenting on. I see nothing that specific in the trailer.
Having now seen the film, I must retract this earlier comment, at least in part. The “Fire” people are clearly based on Asian immigrant cultures, and while I wouldn’t say the “Water” people read as white per se, they are certainly meant to be understood as a longer-settled, socially more dominant community.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom