Elemental (Pixar - June 2023)

Ghost93

I don't think Universal caries about that one. It is like a leftover that didn't get released during covid. Mario made up for it.

What is making up for TLM and Elemental's losses? It ain't Indy.
I think Indy will end up being a bigger flop than Elemental or TLM when all is said and done. It's budget is $350 million, so it needs at least $700 million to break even.

wtyy21

I don't think Universal caries about that one. It is like a leftover that didn't get released during covid. Mario made up for it.

What is making up for TLM and Elemental's losses? It ain't Indy.
I would think that aside from GoTG Vol.3 and Avatar 2, Wish can making up box office losses taken by Elemental and TLM, as well as Quantumania. For Disney's 100th anniversary, marketing the upcoming film Wish has given higher priority than marketing for the live-action remake of TLM (or in lesser-extent Elemental), which were also released at centennial, so they didn't want Wish to theatrically flop again as situation in Strange World last year.

Phroobar

I would think that aside from GoTG Vol.3 and Avatar 2, Wish can making up box office losses taken by Elemental and TLM, as well as Quantumania. For Disney's 100th anniversary, marketing the upcoming film Wish has given higher priority than marketing for the live-action remake of TLM (or in lesser-extent Elemental), which were also released at centennial, so they didn't want Wish to theatrically flop again as situation in Strange World last year.
I don't think their animation marketing knows what they are doing. Everything has flopped so far this year (outside of GOTG3).

Phroobar

Avatar 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3.
I don't know how much money they actually got from Avatar 2. I think Cameron got most of it since he paid for it almost out of pocket. I think he had enough pull to avoid most distribution fees.

Vegas Disney Fan

Thank goodness for small favors. :D

Universal will probably lost money on this one, even though it only had a $70 Million production budget (one third of Elemental's budget).

If we guesstimate a $100 mill marketing budget Ruby needs to make $240 million to break even, Elemental needs to make $500 million to break even.

Elemental is forecast for $300-350 million for a $150 mill loss, Ruby is forecast for $70-75 million for a $165 mill loss… hard time to be a movie studio.

Tha Realest

If we guesstimate a $100 mill marketing budget Ruby needs to make $240 million to break even, Elemental needs to make $500 million to break even.

Elemental is forecast for $300-350 million for a $150 mill loss, Ruby is forecast for $70-75 million for a $165 mill loss… hard time to be a movie studio.
In what universe does Ruby have a $100M marketing budget? No indication of that at all. More likely less than half of that was spent on marketing

Vegas Disney Fan

In what universe does Ruby have a $100M marketing budget? No indication of that at all. More likely less than half of that was spent on marketing
Just trying to make a fair comparison so I used the same marketing budget on both since we don’t know. Can’t guesstimate $50 on one and $100 on the other or it‘ll be ignored as cherry picking. I’d rather overestimate than underestimate.

TsWade2

Give Disney some time, okay? Let’s just wait and see if Disney can release the second trailer of Wish this month or next month. Let’s wait instead predicting it’ll do bad at the box office.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom