Entrance

1038057860_T9hBY-M.jpg

I wonder what this is for..

1038058108_fzqvx-M.jpg

The Recognizer

1038063850_q6NWu-M.jpg

1038064524_QUwsk-M.jpg

1038065249_C4fVM-M.jpg

They've cleared out the Backlot Stage - I wonder what they'll add here?

1038065062_PQFKK-M.jpg

sponono88

New Disney Parks Blog post shares pictures and video from last night's elecTRONica preview for CMs:

ttr_007080SMALL.jpg

Tonight is the first night of ElecTRONica at Disney California Adventure park, and to get you ready to “rez in,” we’re sharing some photos and video from last night’s preview for cast members.

We’ve received a lot of questions on Facebook and Twitter about this weekend’s line-up, so hopefully these details help.

* The fun starts in Sunshine Plaza at 6 p.m. when music, video, projections and a dance party welcome guests (a.k.a. Programs) and prepare them to enter the world of “TRON: Legacy.”
* The second performance in Sunshine Plaza starts at 6:45 p.m., and following that, the portal will officially open and all aspects of ElecTRONica will be available, including Flynn’s Arcade, TRON: Legacy Exclusive 3-D Sneak Peek, End of Line club, face painting and the TRON: Evolution video game area.
* There’s a great line-up of DJs this weekend. DJ GiangStar will be spinning tonight; DJ Michael Paul will change things up Saturday night, and DJ Derek Dunbar will be heating things up on Sunday evening.
* This weekend you can see Laserman at 7:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. For future dates, check the show guide for the schedule.

Curious to know what ElecTRONica looks like in action? Take a look at this video shot last night and hear what our cast members had to say.

Follow the link to see the video and the full blog entry: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/10/electronica-starts-tonight/

Based on CMs who were there last night, i've heard nothing but amazing reviews so far. Can't wait to see it myself tonight!

sponono88

Ok, WOW! That was quite an experience.. DCA was packed to the gills and the party atmosphere was incredible. It turned out to be even better than I expected..

Put simply, they took the very successful Glow Fest and made it a highly-themed, louder, brighter, better-in-every-way experience. The main countdown when the portal first opens is fun and intense -- Hollywood Blvd is dark as everyone counts down from 30.. then the lights explode and the music blasts through the speakers, with huge searchlights coming from the backlot. The projections and sound in the entrance are very cool, with the lightcycles racing all around you and grid effect that creates the TRON world.

The real party is in the Hollywood Studios plaza - a lot of lights and projections, lasers and flashing lightbeams, fog, etc.. Laser Man does three shows a night, it was very cool to see his performance live. Flynn's Arcade was very crowded so I didn't spend much time in there, they had plenty of arcade games as well as air hockey and other fun stuff.

The Tron: Legacy 3D preview was short but still a very nice presentation. They used the lighting, strobes, and wind effect from the MuppetVision show. Was very strange to see the theater at full capacity..

Overall, based on what I saw tonight, the crowd reaction, and the huge turnout, this will be a massive success. People were eating it up - lots of dancing, soaking up the atmosphere, it was a lot of fun. And it's a win-win honestly, because the merch was flying off the shelves and the lines at the bars stayed long all night. This will be very big for the park.

And I have to say, it's refreshing to see Disney try something new and different for the parks that appeals to a wide demographic.. and the fact that they've invested in something that isn't Princess or Pixar-themed!

I can't wait to go back :D

hpyhnt 1000

Ok, WOW! That was quite an experience.. DCA was packed to the gills and the party atmosphere was incredible. It turned out to be even better than I expected..

Put simply, they took the very successful Glow Fest and made it a highly-themed, louder, brighter, better-in-every-way experience. The main countdown when the portal first opens is fun and intense -- Hollywood Blvd is dark as everyone counts down from 30.. then the lights explode and the music blasts through the speakers, with huge searchlights coming from the backlot. The projections and sound in the entrance are very cool, with the lightcycles racing all around you and grid effect that creates the TRON world.

The real party is in the Hollywood Studios plaza - a lot of lights and projections, lasers and flashing lightbeams, fog, etc.. Laser Man does three shows a night, it was very cool to see his performance live. Flynn's Arcade was very crowded so I didn't spend much time in there, they had plenty of arcade games as well as air hockey and other fun stuff.

The Tron: Legacy 3D preview was short but still a very nice presentation. They used the lighting, strobes, and wind effect from the MuppetVision show. Was very strange to see the theater at full capacity..

Overall, based on what I saw tonight, the crowd reaction, and the huge turnout, this will be a massive success. People were eating it up - lots of dancing, soaking up the atmosphere, it was a lot of fun. And it's a win-win honestly, because the merch was flying off the shelves and the lines at the bars stayed long all night. This will be very big for the park.

And I have to say, it's refreshing to see Disney try something new and different for the parks that appeals to a wide demographic.. and the fact that they've invested in something that isn't Princess or Pixar-themed!

I can't wait to go back :D

Sounds great! Judging by the guest reaction out there, hopefully Tron will be a major success at the box office. And like you said, its nice to see them investing in a franchise other than Princesses and Pixar characters. Just too bad management in Orlando is too cheap to put this sort of thing in DHS or something.

TP2000

Just too bad management in Orlando is too cheap to put this sort of thing in DHS or something.

I would think Epcot's Future World would be the perfect place for a WDW version of elecTRONica, playing up the early 80's techo-vibe.

They've got the space in Future World, they've got the architecture, they've got a section of park that needs crowds after dark, they've got the capability to do it even bigger and better than Disneyland. They've got almost everything...

But they never quite seem to muster up the will and the checkbook out there in Orlando. :veryconfu

sponono88

This is the countdown that will open the portal every night:

[youtube]JkebDt3ZQds[/youtube]

And a video of the preshow

[youtube]RAmRJQ2Wpy8[/youtube]

And a couple of pictures from aharvey2k @ Flickr

5065840230_490239170e_z.jpg

5065836614_2a278b9227_z.jpg

5065190977_0cfcb08c5d_z.jpg

5065226991_a157544774_z.jpg

5065176867_2c75e717cf_z.jpg

5065247993_d91b067bbd_z.jpg

5065784570_220522a121_z.jpg

5065229923_f4d9cb685f_z.jpg

5065232853_b0a3407a36_z.jpg

yes, even the DJ was wearing a TRON costume/hairdo!

5065205259_11fd6643e5_z.jpg

EpcotServo

Coolest. Freaking. Thing. Ever.

SO lucky to have been there when it started. To get the shirt, hear the music, get the goosebumps, and even play Space Paranoids at Flynn's.
:cool:

Seriously though, I will get goosebumps now everytime I hear "Aerodynamic" by Daft Punk and remember hearing that when I was walking in.
:D

sponono88

A few more pictures from this weekend's Dateline Disneyland update:

The entrance to the Tron: Legacy 3D preview (in the MuppetVision Theater)

44895_447280285741_11081890741_5022414_8243944_n-2.jpg

Inside the theater

TRON_71.jpg

33442_447280325741_11081890741_5022416_8044146_n.jpg

64331_447280255741_11081890741_5022413_4372842_n.jpg

The tokens for Flynn's Arcade

TRON_15.jpg

Inside the arcade

TRON_28.jpg

sponono88

The Disney Parks Blog has a recap of last night's elecTRONica meet-up:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/10/electronica-meet-up-recap-of-our-biggest-meet-up-yet/

And my own mini-report..

It was very fun! The same elecTRONica event with a couple of new additions -

- TRON: Legacy Behind-the-Scenes showroom right next to the arcade. They had costumes, artwork, and props from the movie. It was very cool to see, I wish this was a permanent addition.

- A new "Program Dance" performance. The dancers did a short show at the Backlot Stage. I enjoyed it and thought it was a nice change from the LaserMan shows that normally take place there.

- The free collectible tokens and a chance to meet the screenwriters.

- Sadly, no TRONcore! I guess they couldn't get the new scene ready on time?

I noticed these new arcade-themed neon signs that now decorate the walls at Flynn's Arcade. They look really nice and i'm glad to see more new stuff is still being added!

DSCN1435-1.jpg

DSCN1432.jpg

Pac Man!

DSCN1448.jpg

A Recognizer...

DSCN1433.jpg

DSCN1450.jpg

DSCN1449.jpg

Love Galaga!

DSCN1452.jpg

A short video of the flickering neon lights at the arcade

[youtube]7cPzoPP_P28[/youtube]

Autographed poster by TRON: Legacy screenwriters Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz

DSCN1471.jpg

ElecTRONica Meet-Up Tokens

DSCN1483.jpg

DSCN1492.jpg

TP2000

The elecTRONica meet-up looks great!

Is it just me, or is the Disney Parks Blog going the way of D23, where they do all this cool stuff for Disneyland locals but not much for WDW locals?

I've never heard of a meet-up at WDW for the Disney Parks Blog. But they are doing them regularly at Disneyland, and getting bigger and more elaborate all the time. Most of the WDW posts on the Disney Parks Blog seem to come from marketing, and all they do is try and give you a sales pitch on something to buy or reserve or purchase out there. :rolleyes:

sponono88

Yeah, this latest meet-up was great. They even gave us a free 1-day park ticket (I already have an AP, but still pretty cool for those who wanted to enjoy the park earlier in the day.)

In other news, the new TRONcore was officialy announced today! ( a new tag-ending for World of Color.) It will debut on Sunday, with a preview at tonight's second showing.

sponono88

A full-scale model of a lightcycle is now on display at elecTRONica. The model is located at the entrance/exit of the TRON: Legacy 3D preview:

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

image source: Dateline Disneyland

sponono88

The Poreotics dance crew made their debut at elecTRONica yesterday -

[youtube]oodBSRyR9ss[/youtube]

Local dance crew sensation, and the winner of Season 5’s “America’s Best Dance Crew” on MTV, Poreotics, will bring their fiercely entertaining mixed dance style to ElecTRONica, November 21 to 24.

The dance crew champions have won over the nation with their distinctive style: an integration of unexpected humor with incredible popping and robotic movements. This November, these shades-wearing showmen will bring their fantastic animated moves and unique humor to an all-new TRON themed performance, created exclusively for ElecTRONica.

The name “Poreotics” comes from their unique style and showmanship: popping choreography robotics. I think that’s pretty cool.

Poreotics will perform two sets a night on the Hollywood Pictures Backlot stage as part of an already full night of entertainment inside the Grid. Check this crew out, only during ElecTRONica at Disney California Adventure park. See you there!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ill-make-a-special-appearance-at-electronica/

nemofinder22

Original Poster
ElecTRONica is now staying through Labor Day.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ia-adventure-park-extended-through-labor-day/

Guests have had so much fun at ElecTRONica, the grid will be open all summer long at Disney California Adventure park!
ElectTRONica is a nighttime celebration that features music, live performances and interactive experiences, and it has become the place to dance the night away. Inspired by the computer-world environment of “TRON: Legacy,” ElecTRONica comes to life each evening in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. The Disney film “TRON: Legacy” debuted in theaters in December, 2010.

sponono88

elecTRONica is ending in just a few months, but in the meantime it is still going strong and just received some nice little updates:

Have you tried our newest ElecTRONica experiences? Learn the true art of disk throwing as our masterful disk throwers demonstrate new skills and tricks. Then take your newly learned disk throwing skills and put them to a test in ElecTRONica’s new Disc Throwing Competition. If you’re good enough to survive to the end, you could take home a user disk of your own!

Then head over to the Dance Grid where we’ve added a super-new TRONcam! Imagine it — your best dance club moves could get your image projected on the walls of Tron City for all to see! How cool is that?

Now is the time to get your TRON on at ElecTRONica – only at Disney California Adventure park!

pictures at the link:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-and-dance-skills-to-the-test-at-electronica/

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Good to see some additions before it ends, the TRONcam reminds me a bit of the Glow Fest thing that was projected on to the Hyperion. Maybe also a thing to come for Mad T Party?

Also ElecTRONica's closing date has been announced, the final day will be April 15.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-crew-challenge-begins/?utm_source=feedburner

The computerized civilization known as ElecTRONica is about to be deactivated! For its own cyber-survival, the portal to ElecTRONica will close April 15. Don’t miss your final opportunity to step into the Grid and experience the exciting nighttime world of Tron City before the ultimate “End of Line.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom