"El Pirata Y el Perico Restaurante" name changed to "Tortuga Tavern"

lebeau

This seems like a no-brainer to me. Disney should eb able to make a couple bucks off Pirates 4. It would be nice if they spruced it up a little to tie into the movies beyond the name change. Get some of that high quality Pirate League theming in there.

Mickey_777

Tortuga Tavern rolls off the tongue easier. I really hope it's open more often if not all the time now. I've never eaten there.

Pioneer Hall

This seems like a no-brainer to me. Disney should eb able to make a couple bucks off Pirates 4. It would be nice if they spruced it up a little to tie into the movies beyond the name change. Get some of that high quality Pirate League theming in there.

I believe that they added some elements to the area to tie a pirate theme in better.

Brian_WDW74

They've changed the mural next to the toppings bar to Ian McShane as Blackbeard, so perhaps more tie-in theming is in the works.

Bairstow

Too bad they won't sell rum!

A shame, really. I would love to see one of these things filled to the brim with room-temperature Appleton Estate and slid over the counter to curious tourists.
2010-walt-disney-world-resort-refillable-drink-mugs_220706402171.jpg

Magic Kingdom is going to be overrun with "taverns" for a dry park...

Heh.

wizards8507

Dislike. Tortuga Taven, along with Gaston's Tavern and Mos Eisley Cantina, should definitely exist, but should exist alongside one another as true bars in a revamped Pleasure Island.

But alas, I dream.

lebeau

Dislike. Tortuga Taven, along with Gaston's Tavern and Mos Eisley Cantina, should definitely exist, but should exist alongside one another as true bars in a revamped Pleasure Island.

But alas, I dream.

But Mos Eisley is a wretched hive of scum and villainy! Plus, they don't allow droids.

vonpluto

Since this is now "Tortuga Tavern", shouldn't the pirate on the sign have a turtle on his shoulder instead of a parrot?:rolleyes:

Neverland

Since this is now "Tortuga Tavern", shouldn't the pirate on the sign have a turtle on his shoulder instead of a parrot?:rolleyes:

No, no, if it's gonna involve turtles, it should be a pirate riding on two sea turtles strapped together with rope made from the pirate's back hair. :) "Sea turtles, mate."

majorrfb

Love the name change!

Tortuga Tavern rolls off the tongue easier. I really hope it's open more often if not all the time now. I've never eaten there.

Tortuga seems more appropriate for a pirate theme to me. We went by the
tavern last Wednesday but decided not to eat there. Actually, we have never
had a meal there in all of our many visits. But next time we will stop in.
We are waiting for Pirates 4 movie-love Captain Jack and his crew. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom